ADVERTISEMENT

You gotta read Doyle's column.....

He's clueless. Especially his line about Fleck. Fleck will get attention from pretty much any and every open job out there this offseason.

There's a reason Miles is available and it's not because he's a great coach now. It's because he used to be and his stubbornness sunk the LSU program.

I think he'd recruit better obviously but all that positive momentum would be gone when he runs his terrible and sleepy scheme.

He's clueless. Especially his line about Fleck. Fleck will get attention from pretty much any and every open job out there this offseason.

There's a reason Miles is available and it's not because he's a great coach now. It's because he used to be and his stubbornness sunk the LSU program.

I think he'd recruit better obviously but all that positive momentum would be gone when he runs his terrible and sleepy scheme.
He doesn't know Fleck, he's right about Spack though.

Afraid he would be new Fred Akers.

Yep. He is a good recruiter......to LSU. Even then he wasn't doing a good enough job to keep his job. He is old and there is nothing innovative about his offense. Best we could hope for is that he would at least recruit well enough to leave some players behind for our next coach.

Purdue is the only Power 5 job open at the moment. It would be foolish for MBob to not offer him whatever he (MBob) thinks the job is worth. If Miles says yes, then both sides win. If he says no, then a search can commence. Miles is in tricky situation as well with not knowing what all jobs will available and who else would be willing to leave a good situation for an opening he would be interested in. Both sides could benefit from the old "bird in the hand" mantra. Even if he's at Purdue for only 5 years, it'd be a HUGE upgrade that would but Purdue in a far better place than they are today.

Last edited:
Purdue is the only Power 5 job open at the moment. It would be foolish for MBob to not offer him whatever he thinks the job is worth. If Miles says yes, then both sides win. If he says no, then a search can commence. Miles is in tricky situation as well with not knowing what all jobs will available and who else would be willing to leave a good situation for an opening he would be interested in. Even if he's at Purdue for only 5 years, it'd be a HUGE upgrade.

Even if Miles caps out at 6-7 wins a year for 4-5 years...that is a massive upgrade over what Purdue football has been over the last decade. Recruiting isn't all the HC...Miles would bring a credence to a higher level of assistant coaches that would be able to also recruit well. If Orgeron isn't given the keys to LSU, he will be looking for a job. Why not offer him the DC position and lead recruiter at Purdue for the guy who gave him a shot at another big time gig.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Even if Miles caps out at 6-7 wins a year for 4-5 years...that is a massive upgrade over what Purdue football has been over the last decade. Recruiting isn't all the HC...Miles would bring a credence to a higher level of assistant coaches that would be able to also recruit well. If Orgeron isn't given the keys to LSU, he will be looking for a job. Why not offer him the DC position and lead recruiter at Purdue for the guy who gave him a shot at another big time gig.
Love me some Ed O. Top tier recruiter and a heck of a guy. Would make Miles slightly more palatable.

Give me an offensive head coach with a well paid and solid d-coordinator-see the impact at clemson.

I don't mind Doyle. At least he doesn't slurp iu athletics as much as his cohorts and predecessors.

Reactions: BeerbellyBoiler
Further, Miles would bring an immediate interest and buzz to Purdue that's hard to but a price tag on. Right now the program is totally irrelevant, swallowed in apathy, and the only buzz to speak of over the past two to three years has been the flies circling Hazell's rotting corpse on the sideline.

Don't want Miles. Think it would be awful choice.
If I was Babinski, I would only consider it if you get a great deal on him because of the LSU money for the first few years, that would allow you to go out and hire lights out staff including a stud offensive coordinator-that's not named cam Cameron.

Would Purdue give him the salary pool he is used to for assistants? I doubt it.

If I was Babinski, I would only consider it if you get a great deal on him because of the LSU money for the first few years, that would allow you to go out and hire lights out staff including a stud offensive coordinator-that's not named cam Cameron.
True. You could even get away with paying him $1 for the first 2 years since LSU garunteed has to make up the difference. Spend ALL that money on assistants. Then, by the time you actually have to pay him the butts in seats will be back maybe.

It's the only scenario I'm good with him coming.

In all likelihood he'd bring his crappy scheme and Cam Cameron and bore us into obscurity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT