ADVERTISEMENT

Yanni has moved to 100% to Purdue now on 247Sports

Most anyone could have started for this defense in the last three weeks.

If you told me George had 6 siblings but the only way to get any of them was to offer them all guaranteed football schollies right now I would lol
And if I were him I’d jump ship as fast as possible, hence my shock. When the choice came to me after high school I wanted to go as far away as possible, that was playing football for the AFA under Fisher Deberry or going to Purdue as a normal human being. At least Purdue had females.

Maybe he wants to make his family name synonymous with Purdue football. I can certainly respect that.

And if I were him I’d jump ship as fast as possible, hence my shock. When the choice came to me after high school I wanted to go as far away as possible, that was playing football for the AFA under Fisher Deberry or going to Purdue as a normal human being. At least Purdue had females.

Maybe he wants to make his family name synonymous with Purdue football. I can certainly respect that.

were You good? I mean in college

in reading that article, it indicated that jake was UW's fourth outside linebacker commit as part of this year's class and the likelihood of having a 5th outside LB commit was basically nil. Yanni wasn't even mentioned. obviously, the door was closed by UW to Yanni.

Also, there were 300 or 400 people at our AFA banquet in Chicago. There were two guys there that could ever be lineman amongst the other cadets.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
I personally want Yanni to play at Purdue , but are the ones crying for 250 linebackers gonna complain about his size?.
Should at least cause us to pump the brakes on him playing much right away. If recent recruiting classes have reminded us of anything, it's that instant impact defensive players are rare even among 4 star recruits. George was an exception.

No! I had a back injury my senior year of high school that just happened to make me think I didn’t need to try and play against Noter Dame in college. Fisher told me he’d get me up to 285 and become a lineman, I wanted to become a pilot, I went to Purdue on an ROTC scholarship.
You were one of the guys waking me up at Wiley Hall for early a.m. calistenic workouts! LOL
Hope you achieved Pilot Licensing. My roommate was a Purdue Pilot and works for Delta now as a Captain last time I talked to him a few years ago. He was an ‘88 Grad A.T.

Last edited:
Do you think he would play safety in college or bulk up and play LB
I guess that’s up to him and the coaches to decide what’s his best opportunity to see the field. I see him as a safety more than a linebacker as it stands today.

How is Yanni doing in high school this year? I remember a 4 star TE who was tremendous as a junior and was recruited by every major program, and signed with Alabama. he then transferred to illinois. he had to sit out a year. and now in his third year of college has 1 catch for 4 yards at Illinois. he peaked as a junior in high school because of his 6'6 size and playing against low level competition, and did well at all star camps, and has done nothing since.

I'm kind of surprised since Yanni hasn't committed to anybody, that other teams haven't entered the picture and given him an offer. I'm kind of surprised UW received commitments from 4 outside linebackers in one year and Yanni wasn't one of them. They decided to pass.

as for starting at Purdue, Yanni will start his first day at Purdue regardless of his ability. He'll start because of the level of our other linebackers and because of his name, much like the reasons his brother started. We have built so much hype around recruiting him, that we have to start him. he's the ace of our class.

Reactions: NVboiler
How is Yanni doing in high school this year? I remember a 4 star TE who was tremendous as a junior and was recruited by every major program, and signed with Alabama. he then transferred to illinois. he had to sit out a year. and now in his third year of college has 1 catch for 4 yards at Illinois. he peaked as a junior in high school because of his 6'6 size and playing against low level competition, and did well at all star camps, and has done nothing since.

I'm kind of surprised since Yanni hasn't committed to anybody, that other teams haven't entered the picture and given him an offer. I'm kind of surprised UW received commitments from 4 outside linebackers in one year and Yanni wasn't one of them. They decided to pass.

as for starting at Purdue, Yanni will start his first day at Purdue regardless of his ability. He'll start because of the level of our other linebackers and because of his name, much like the reasons his brother started. We have built so much hype around recruiting him, that we have to start him. he's the ace of our class.
That guy was awful. Also, he went to UGA...not Bama.

That guy was awful. Also, he went to UGA...not Bama.

Ok, wrong school. he did have a scholarship offer from Alabama, and everyone in his home town wanted him to go to bama. But the facts remain, he had an awesome junior year in high school. he was great at several summer all-star camps. he suffered a small injury his senior year, and was a non-factor for his team. he went to UGA where he was a non-factor. he transferred back to illinois. he sat out a year. and this year he is still a non-factor.

basically, he was huge and 6-6 his junior year. Statistically, he didn't catch very many passes, and was not really that fast. But he was great at those all star camps. and he was ranked by many recruiting services as the second highest TE for his class and earned a 4 star rating. The ratings were primarily based on his physical appearance and his all star camps and his potential rather than actual game performance.

But he peaked. and was almost a complete no-show his senior year in high school. Yet every NCAA power 5 school except Purdue was interested in him. Purdue dodged a huge bullet.

That is why I'm asking how Yanni is doing his senior year. i find it odd more power 5 schools aren't trying to lure him. he's one of the last few non-committed elite athletes. I remember a coach once saying he's not going to give up recruiting a player until he signs his LOI. and i've seen many coaches flip a player. He's sure different than his brother was. His brother was one of our first commits in his class, and he helped bring others to Purdue. Yanni has been a very wait and see type of person. he once said he was going to Michigan until their defensive coach recruiting him left. Maybe he wants to wait and see what happens to Harbaugh.

Ok, wrong school. he did have a scholarship offer from Alabama, and everyone in his home town wanted him to go to bama. But the facts remain, he had an awesome junior year in high school. he was great at several summer all-star camps. he suffered a small injury his senior year, and was a non-factor for his team. he went to UGA where he was a non-factor. he transferred back to illinois. he sat out a year. and this year he is still a non-factor.

basically, he was huge and 6-6 his junior year. Statistically, he didn't catch very many passes, and was not really that fast. But he was great at those all star camps. and he was ranked by many recruiting services as the second highest TE for his class and earned a 4 star rating. The ratings were primarily based on his physical appearance and his all star camps and his potential rather than actual game performance.

But he peaked. and was almost a complete no-show his senior year in high school. Yet every NCAA power 5 school except Purdue was interested in him. Purdue dodged a huge bullet.

That is why I'm asking how Yanni is doing his senior year. i find it odd more power 5 schools aren't trying to lure him. he's one of the last few non-committed elite athletes. I remember a coach once saying he's not going to give up recruiting a player until he signs his LOI. and i've seen many coaches flip a player. He's sure different than his brother was. His brother was one of our first commits in his class, and he helped bring others to Purdue. Yanni has been a very wait and see type of person. he once said he was going to Michigan until their defensive coach recruiting him left. Maybe he wants to wait and see what happens to Harbaugh.

did that guy have a brother who was serving notice as a freshman?

Reactions: pboiler18
did that guy have a brother who was serving notice as a freshman?

I'm not sure. the player's name is Luke Ford. I met him several times when he played in high school for Carterville, Illinois. he developed early physically for his age, and in the conference he played in, there was not much competition against him. My son started at center for the same school three years at 6'4. My son only played football his senior year and started at WR and DB. that should tell you all you need to know about how competitive his league was.

I moved this Summer , my son graduated from college, so I don't really know if he has a younger brother. I do know in the small town of Carterville, if a player is good and has a younger brother, that brother will receive the benefit of the doubt and receive the preferred treatment thinking he will be as good as his older brother. The same applies to any boy who is the coach's son. Like Purdue, they always have high hopes for their future. they cut this football season short and plan to resume it in the Spring.

SI Boiler should know if he has a younger brother.

in reading that article, it indicated that jake was UW's fourth outside linebacker commit as part of this year's class and the likelihood of having a 5th outside LB commit was basically nil. Yanni wasn't even mentioned. obviously, the door was closed by UW to Yanni.
Or Yanni closed the door himself.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I'm not sure. the player's name is Luke Ford. I met him several times when he played in high school for Carterville, Illinois. he developed early physically for his age, and in the conference he played in, there was not much competition against him. My son started at center for the same school three years at 6'4. My son only played football his senior year and started at WR and DB. that should tell you all you need to know about how competitive his league was.

I moved this Summer , my son graduated from college, so I don't really know if he has a younger brother. I do know in the small town of Carterville, if a player is good and has a younger brother, that brother will receive the benefit of the doubt and receive the preferred treatment thinking he will be as good as his older brother. The same applies to any boy who is the coach's son. Like Purdue, they always have high hopes for their future. they cut this football season short and plan to resume it in the Spring.

SI Boiler should know if he has a younger brother.

That was a rhetorical question dude

That was a rhetorical question dude
You asked a question. it sure didn't look rhetorical. if you ask me a question, I'll provide you an answer . it appeared you wanted additional information. In the future, if you don't want an answer, don't pose me a question.

Can anyone answer the question I posed ???? How has Yanni looked this year??? I was serious. I've heard rumors his elite status is slipping. Maybe it's because his weight hasn't gained much. Maybe he isn't making as many spectacular plays. maybe injury. maybe his team is not doing great. I don't know. I just heard his status was slipping. And I'm wondering if that may be a reason he is not getting as much interest from other power 5 schools as he did when he was younger. it concerns me there are so many people who have assured us on this board that he's a gimme recruit for Purdue. if that's the case, why has he taken so long to commit? Unlike other players, he hasn't said he's going to announce at some all star game or later date. he's been very quiet. TOO quiet.

You asked a question. it sure didn't look rhetorical. if you ask me a question, I'll provide you an answer . it appeared you wanted additional information. In the future, if you don't want an answer, don't pose me a question.

Can anyone answer the question I posed ???? How has Yanni looked this year??? I was serious. I've heard rumors his elite status is slipping. Maybe it's because his weight hasn't gained much. Maybe he isn't making as many spectacular plays. maybe injury. maybe his team is not doing great. I don't know. I just heard his status was slipping. And I'm wondering if that may be a reason he is not getting as much interest from other power 5 schools as he did when he was younger. it concerns me there are so many people who have assured us on this board that he's a gimme recruit for Purdue. if that's the case, why has he taken so long to commit? Unlike other players, he hasn't said he's going to announce at some all star game or later date. he's been very quiet. TOO quiet.

Dudes brother might go down as our best defender since Woodson..

Reactions: FearTheTrain

I can’t answer your stats question, nor have I seen him play this year. I think I read that He did make all state 1st team at olb with over 300 career tackles. He is still ranked as the 3rd best prospect in Indiana by 247 and 2nd best by rivals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT