ADVERTISEMENT

WTF?!?! Tyler Kolek will go undrafted because he can't read and got the lowest Wonderlic score ever recorded.

Honest question. Does he have to be able to read (even marginally) to play pro basketball?

Playbooks can be gleaned visually, right? He could also use voice-to-text to get an understanding.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Now we all know the esteemed Marquette University, the bastain of Midwest Academics would never have a student that couldn't read.

I am guessing this is a joke that is piggy backing off another joke earlier this year…there was a report that said he was going to fail classes and a Marquette advisor came out and said that it was simply not true.

So ppl ran with it and I think this is the same continuation of that joke 😂

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
With the timing of the draft, I wouldn’t count out intentional misinformation or exaggerations being planted to drop his stock by a team who wants to take him with a low pick.

I have to believe there are dumber players in the NBA than him. Part of his problem is he is older than most of the players drafted in the first round! There were a lot of 19 year olds drafted.

The Bucks may draft him in the second round although after drafting that 19 year old guard Because ware and Edey were gone, they may select Flipowski. The bucks were looking to draft a backup center. But the Johnson kid was said to have possibly the highest ceiling of any guard despite not playing at any college.

This year’s draft validated my previous point. If Catchings really wants to play in the NBA, Why bother going to college? Going to college sure didn’t help the two guards at Kansas or Flipowski at Duke! Going to college seemed to be an afterthought to the NBA gms this year. A lot of Draft picks were made solely based on combine results

I have to believe there are dumber players in the NBA than him. Part of his problem is he is older than most of the players drafted in the first round! There were a lot of 19 year olds drafted.

The Bucks may draft him in the second round although after drafting that 19 year old guard Because ware and Edey were gone, they may select Flipowski. The bucks were looking to draft a backup center. But the Johnson kid was said to have possibly the highest ceiling of any guard despite not playing at any college.

This year’s draft validated my previous point. If Catchings really wants to play in the NBA, Why bother going to college? Going to college sure didn’t help the two guards at Kansas or Flipowski at Duke! Going to college seemed to be an afterthought to the NBA gms this year. A lot of Draft picks were made solely based on combine results
SB Nation has a Bucks fan forum. And they love courageous, original thoughts. Just sayin'.

What draft picks were based on combine results?

Most 18 year olds I know would choose college with all the parties and girls. Being the BMOC has its perks you can get in the development league. Just sayin…

The more interesting story is how Filipowski being groomed by his babysitter may have affected his draft status.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
The more interesting story is how Filipowski being groomed by his babysitter may have affected his draft status.

Right? And he goes to Utah lolol.

But man how did this not come out in college? Absolutely wild.

Holy shit this story!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT