ADVERTISEMENT

Woodshed alert

That Wisky loss was big for the Boilers, it doesn’t make Sunday a must game now, it sort of been one if Wisky won tonight. I think Purdue likely loses 1-2 more games, that’s life on the road stuff.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
That Wisky loss was big for the Boilers, it doesn’t make Sunday a must game now, it sort of been one if Wisky won tonight. I think Purdue likely loses 1-2 more games, that’s life on the road stuff.
Chalk up another road loss by a top 10 team to an unranked team on the road. UNC, UK and now Wisconsin

Reactions: tjreese
Turned Wisconsin over 16 times, not like Wisconsin, I din not see the game. Anything Purdue can learn from what Nebraska did, or was Wisconsin just bad?

Reactions: wallyboiler79
Turned Wisconsin over 16 times, not like Wisconsin, I din not see the game. Anything Purdue can learn from what Nebraska did, or was Wisconsin just bad?
I know that several of them were a result of penetrating too far into the baseline and then trying to feed it inside. There were a lot of loose balls in Nebraska's defensive side of the court and it seemed like they got every one of them. Klesmit had some TOs, Hepburn too.

Reactions: tjreese
I understand why we are happy about the loss but this game in Madison has just become that much more difficult...
I had the same torn thoughts earlier this week when this game was discussed in one of our threads. With that, if Purdue IS able to win Sunday, Nebby’s win will be much more appreciated. Hopefully our Boilers are up to the task. Surely they are relishing the opportunity.

I feel like Wisconsin is not usually prone to giving up runs because they take care of the ball and don't have prolonged shooting slumps. Part of that is their addition of a go-to guy in Storr and the emergence of Klesmit. But Nebraska had a couple really good runs. Nebraska was much more aggressive in the second half and Hoiberg definitely went with the hot hands.

Wisconsin looked gas the last 3-4 minutes of regulation and all of overtime. I know that was partly because Wilcher was running off ball screens and he is a load to manage.

Funny that the battle for 1st place in the conference will feature teams coming off overtime games. Curious to see who has their legs back first.

Wisconsin looked gas the last 3-4 minutes of regulation and all of overtime. I know that was partly because Wilcher was running off ball screens and he is a load to manage.

Funny that the battle for 1st place in the conference will feature teams coming off overtime games. Curious to see who has their legs back first.
They were definitely gassed. They were down 6 with a minute left when Storr committed a turnover. It took them about 10 seconds to commit a foul to send Williams to the line. He sank those two to put Nebraska up 8 with 49 seconds left. It took Wisconsin 15 seconds to get a 3 point attempt off (that they missed) and they just let the clock run out without fouling. It was either horrible clock management, or they had just plain given up by that point. Either way was not a good look.

I understand why we are happy about the loss but this game in Madison has just become that much more difficult...
The flip side is that there is a lot more pressure on Wisconsin now particularly as the game goes on if Purdue is ahead or it is close. The limited times I've watched keeping Storrs in check would be huge as well as getting more possessions with what could very well be a lower possession game...at least in consideration of a shot clock that kinda controls possessions outside the control of teams. Purdue gets out of there with a W and it will be huge, but it will be a dogfight and a few bad calls will carry more weight probably

Last edited:
They were definitely gassed. They were down 6 with a minute left when Storr committed a turnover. It took them about 10 seconds to commit a foul to send Williams to the line. He sank those two to put Nebraska up 8 with 49 seconds left. It took Wisconsin 15 seconds to get a 3 point attempt off (that they missed) and they just let the clock run out without fouling. It was either horrible clock management, or they had just plain given up by that point. Either way was not a good look.
Lot of mental lapses by them down the stretch. No gas/juice/want at the end. They looked ready to get out of dodge.

Curious how the game goes Sunday. We have to be in the game mentally and take it to them. Outside of Storr and Klesmit, they aren’t very good offensively. Broken record but limit turnovers and control the boards = victory.

TO's are the key. Especially against a team like Wisconsin. I'm going to chalk last night up to just a bad 2nd half for them. Normally they take care of the ball and take quality shots. Very important for us to take advantage of our very efficient offense and not turn it over. Limit TO's to less than 10 and I really like us in this match-up.

Lot of mental lapses by them down the stretch. No gas/juice/want at the end. They looked ready to get out of dodge.

Curious how the game goes Sunday. We have to be in the game mentally and take it to them. Outside of Storr and Klesmit, they aren’t very good offensively. Broken record but limit turnovers and control the boards = victory.
always need a typical shooting percent and typical fouls against Zach called. expect Ft% to be better

Good. If Purdue wants to fulfill all of it's goals, I want them to play difficult games in hostile environments. I was happy that NW shot out their asses and took up to the brink the other night. That is great preparation for the tournament.

Good. If Purdue wants to fulfill all of it's goals, I want them to play difficult games in hostile environments. I was happy that NW shot out their asses and took up to the brink the other night. That is great preparation for the tournament.
The Kohl Center is never easy, Wisconsin is coming off an ugly loss, and the game is for 1st place. Throw in the opposing coach in Purdue's last game got thrown out confronting a referee about foul calls. Anyone else worried about a Collins effect ?

The Kohl Center is never easy, Wisconsin is coming off an ugly loss, and the game is for 1st place. Throw in the opposing coach in Purdue's last game got thrown out confronting a referee about foul calls. Anyone else worried about a Collins effect ?

Who knows? If the refs halfway understand basketball then they understand fouls and not FTs are a consideration and then a half a second later understand that NW shooting as they did behind the arc wasn't going to get many fouls called. Perhaps this is where somebody like DJ understands a bit bout the hammering of the bigs...and how every team typically gets the front line in foul trouble defending Zach and the entire time Zach has been at Purdue has rarely ever been in foul trouble. I lean to little effect, but a valid consideration at a time we censor speech we don't like that a ref could be a bit soft...but to do that job takes a bit of thick skin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT