ADVERTISEMENT

with the loss of Bailey, do you still expect a bowl?

Sep 12, 2019
i don’t. Like, if these kids come up short, how could you look at a team this young.. without bailey, without Neal (even partially), without fuller.. with so many young players playing, and say they underperformed with a 4-5 win season?

This will Be yet another reason that we bust out in 2020, which was always going to be the year

i don’t. Like, if these kids come up short, how could you look at a team this young.. without bailey, without Neal (even partially), without fuller.. with so many young players playing, and say they underperformed with a 4-5 win season?

This will Be yet another reason that we bust out in 2020, which was always going to be the year

I do expect a bowl. But my expectations dropped from 9/10 wins to 6/7 with the injuries and luck that Purdue has had so far.

Linebacker was their deepest position although you never want to lose your team leader on the defense, especially because you don’t have a player like JT last year who could QB the defense.

But let’s break it down. Purdue can’t afford any more injuries to key players if they want to compete for the West and go to a bowl.

Reactions: 72Boiler

Get a life......they are a team and next man up

If Neal, Sindelar, and Fuller come back at 100% and there aren't any more major injuries to starters (probably unlikely), things will be shaping up pretty well for conference season. I expected some injuries and lack of depth to play into this year's record, so my 6 or 7 win projection remains. I wouldn't call it an expectation.. that sounds too entitled, especially for such a young team.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I said 6 wins. When you make preseason predictions, you must always consider injuries will happen. We're still a better team than Illinois, Rutgers, Minny and IU. We're just going to have to figure out a way to pull out another win somewhere. We did great last week without Neal and Fuller. We need people to step up. I fully expect our o-line and dbacks to improve as the season goes on. I've always had confidence in our team. My beef is usually with posters.

Yes this is still a bowl team. A LB, even a very good one like Bailey, is worth maybe 0.5 wins over the course of 10 games (and that is probably generous). I still see us getting to 6 or 7 wins.

Not sure, lots of injuries so far. If we beat TCU, I say yes otherwise the loss to Nevada will haunt us.

Yes I do. Next man up.

Yes, Purdue will make a bowl regardless of the injury to a Captain and an NFL caliber MLB.

Next man up philosophy: Tomorrow night will be an interesting game. Possible starters: Sindelar, M. McCann, J. Sparks will be game time decisions. You have to have a warrior mentality and I believe Brohm and Staff have instilled that by now. It may not be pretty, but they will get the job done. Get thru tomorrow night and have a bye week to get healthy. They can still make bowl elgibility. Time for Purdue's young men to show they belong.

Yes, Purdue will make a bowl regardless of the injury to a Captain and an NFL caliber MLB.

Next man up philosophy: Tomorrow night will be an interesting game. Possible starters: Sindelar, M. McCann, J. Sparks will be game time decisions. You have to have a warrior mentality and I believe Brohm and Staff have instilled that by now. It may not be pretty, but they will get the job done. Get thru tomorrow night and have a bye week to get healthy. They can still make bowl elgibility. Time for Purdue's young men to show they belong.

This will be a very next man up team in 2020 and 2021. It is not there yet

What I’m asking is not “is that your prediction?”

Nobody knows how good or bad this team will be without Bailey. I’m asking if that would upset you
Your header doesn’t say that. It says “With the loss of Bailey, do you still expect a bowl?” I answered the question you asked. You didn’t ask if it would upset me. This team is bigger than 1 player although losing certain ones hurts more than others.

Reactions: Purdue85
Your header doesn’t say that. It says “With the loss of Bailey, do you still expect a bowl?” I answered the question you asked. You didn’t ask if it would upset me. This team is bigger than 1 player although losing certain ones hurts more than others.

Expect ...

Will this team not meet expectations to you

This will be a very next man up team in 2020 and 2021. It is not there yet
This is why it will be an interesting and hopefully entertaining game. Coach believes C. Jones and Plummer are ready. Anthrop, Bell & Wright should equal Sparks. If McCann or a serviceable backup OL can go and keep our QB upright we’lol be fine.

This is why it will be an interesting and hopefully entertaining game. Coach believes C. Jones and Plummer are ready. Bell & Wright should equal Sparks. If McCann or a serviceable backup OL can go and keep our QB upright we’lol be fine.
C jones was ready last year. He is capable of playing at high level. Dumbshit penalties are his issue.

What I’m asking is not “is that your prediction?”

Nobody knows how good or bad this team will be without Bailey. I’m asking if that would upset you

Well, that really wasn't the question you asked.

I think most rational fans recognize we're still in a "building" state, and every leader is key to success. I would be disappointed, but not upset. I generally don't get upset over things I do not control.

Edit: I did not read the full thread before responding. I see others (rightfully) pointed this out before I weighed in.

A related question. After seeing what Maryland did, do you expect Purdue to win 6+ games and make a Bowl bid? Do you use the outcomes of other team’s success to determine your views about Purdue?

Well, that really wasn't the question you asked.

I think most rational fans recognize we're still in a "building" state, and every leader is key to success. I would be disappointed, but not upset. I generally don't get upset over things I do not control.

Edit: I did not read the full thread before responding. I see others (rightfully) pointed this out before I weighed in.

It’s all in the word expect sweetheart

So what? Our defense is more experienced and talented this year than last year. Our WR corps is better too.
Our defense may be more experienced (maybe not with Neal and Bailey out) and more talented than last year, but are still giving up more than 400 yds and 29 points a game with only 1 TO after playing 2 mediocre teams.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Here is the question phrases differently

In light of the Bailey injury ... if you were conducting a performance review of this team, and they went 5-7, would you look at them and tell them they’ve failed to meet expectations.

Expect and predict are not the same word. To me, the prediction of this season is like a game that Vegas has taken off the board. No one here knows what this defense will look like without Markus Bailey.

Our defense may be more experienced (maybe not with Neal and Bailey out) and more talented than last year, but are still giving up more than 400 yds and 29 points a game with only 1 TO after playing 2 mediocre teams.

Even with GK, I’m not sure you can say we’re “more talented” than last year if two All-B1G players in Neal & Bailey aren’t on the field...

Even with GK, I’m not sure you can say we’re “more talented” than last year if two All-B1G players in Neal & Bailey aren’t on the field...

Sure you can lol. There are logical people here who know we will bust out in 2020. Most of said people predicted 6-6 last year then 6-6 pre Bailey this year.

Then you have people who predicted better than that because **** it they want us to be better than that lol

And if you try telling these people “hey we have very few senior starters left healthy” they’ll reply with a tone that says F off

Read the next post ... here’s a lot of Purdue fans of you try to fall them that This might not be the year

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT