ADVERTISEMENT

With RM back, what's the least you will accept this season?

How many

• Post Season trip

Votes: 8 10.7%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 11 14.7%

Votes: 20 26.7%

Votes: 18 24.0%

Votes: 5 6.7%

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Don't care...just glad FB is back

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
Great news for Boiler fans. Kudos to Rondale for making the decision to play this season (regardless of how long it lasts). Going to make the Bucket Game quite a bit tougher. Bell and Moore are scary good. Somehow though, I hope we still kick your ass (with all due respect).

Reactions: TMFT
Anyone “expecting “ a certain number of wins in the current situation is delusional
Agree. This is not the year for anybody to have their feet held to the fire. I can guarantee Brohm will not lose to Coastal Carolina this year.

Reactions: TMFT
I generally like your posts, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why do you do this.

I don't get this narrative of "accepting" results.

Do you have some unknown, magical influence in the world of Purdue athletics?

There is no "accepting". It will be what it will be, regardless what it is you think you will "accept".

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
I generally like your posts, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why do you do this.

There is no "accepting". It will be what it will be, regardless what it is you think you will "accept".
“UNACCEPTABLE !!! I WILL NOT AND CANNOT ACCEPT THIS!”

Purdue will go undefeated, 8-0 Moore isn’t coming back to go 4-4. They have the talent, Purdue just isn’t accustomed to saying that. There isn’t a defense on the schedule that can handle our offense for 4 quarters.
I like the enthusiasm. WIscy will have to be taken down. It will be a tall task on the road. They won’t have Jonathan Taylor, but they’ll reload.

As I do most of yours, and we had this discussion before. I've heard since he came on board that CB is the PU FB Savior, that he's the second coming. So far, I have not seen any semblance to that. I think, Covid/2020/whacked out year is inherent in all teams this year...they all have the same issues. I thought last season should have been a break out year, but it wasn't. I said 8 wins in the full schedule. So I believe there should be some solid expectations for Coach to live up to. Even more so with Rondell back. Six conference wins in a screwed up year should be the least in my opinion. Failure to win how many games, or get to a bowl....what's your thresh hold? It appears that anything is okay with you.

As I do most of yours, and we had this discussion before. I've heard since he came on board that CB is the PU FB Savior, that he's the second coming. So far, I have not seen any semblance to that. I think, Covid/2020/whacked out year is inherent in all teams this year...they all have the same issues. I thought last season should have been a break out year, but it wasn't. I said 8 wins in the full schedule. So I believe there should be some solid expectations for Coach to live up to. Even more so with Rondell back. Six conference wins in a screwed up year should be the least in my opinion. Failure to win how many games, or get to a bowl....what's your thresh hold? It appears that anything is okay with you.
very, very happy he's back now I want to see how the D performs

I would agree with twin. at some point with the salary extension given him, and the amount he's being paid, Brohm needs to produce wins and also be held accountable if he doesn't. A successful football team is more than just a flashy offense. I'm predicting 4 wins and a lot of angry Purdue fans. and i predict many will be upset with me for such a low prediction, and then very upset if I'm right. I also don't believe Rondale will match his freshman season numbers. Obviously , there are fewer games. I'm talking about averaging. Defenses will know where he is. To Purdue's benefit is a fairly weak schedule. if they can't get 5 wins out of this schedule, there will be no more excuses.

I would also be curious in hearing the views of all those people who posted above that they will not accept anything less than 6 wins. they seem to be the majority of posters , rather than the ones who post the most.

It shouldn't.

My "acceptance" is irrelevant. That's the point.

My expectations are to come out and compete every week. To get better.

I don't go into any season with some irrelevant "minimum number of wins". That's meaningless. If I do, so what?

Seriously. So what? What am I going to do? What are YOU going to do?

(A: Nothing, except complain on an internet forum.)

I would agree with twin. at some point with the salary extension given him, and the amount he's being paid, Brohm needs to produce wins and also be held accountable if he doesn't. A successful football team is more than just a flashy offense. I'm predicting 4 wins and a lot of angry Purdue fans. and i predict many will be upset with me for such a low prediction, and then very upset if I'm right. I also don't believe Rondale will match his freshman season numbers. Obviously , there are fewer games. I'm talking about averaging. Defenses will know where he is. To Purdue's benefit is a fairly weak schedule. if they can't get 5 wins out of this schedule, there will be no more excuses.
Way to be Debbie Downer on good news yesterday. Can't take good news for one day and enjoy it without digging at the coach.

It shouldn't.

I don't go into any season with some irrelevant "minimum number of wins". That's meaningless. If I do, so what?

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm not paying Brohm's salary....I don't have to keep him or fire him. And I am excited to watch Moore this season. I've always been one that believes one earn's his/her salary and I'm one that believes to date, the current coach is vastly over-paid for what he's given.

Way to be Debbie Downer on good news yesterday. Can't take good news for one day and enjoy it without digging at the coach.
I'm convinced more than ever that wole isn't a Boiler to begin with. IN all of his long winded posts I have never really seen him be much of a supporter of any of the sport programs. He's trolling us by disguising it in rambling walls of text usually.

The offense just got immensely more dynamic and he is forgetting that Rondale is not the only exceptional weapon we have at wide out. And defenses already knew where Moore was and how did that work out for them? Just ask OSU.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I expect 5 wins
I accept 3-4 wins if the team is giving its best effort every game
Less than 3 wins or 3 wins with multiple blowout losses would raise some serious doubts about the program

I'm convinced more than ever that wole isn't a Boiler to begin with. IN all of his long winded posts I have never really seen him be much of a supporter of any of the sport programs. He's trolling us by disguising it in rambling walls of text usually.

The offense just got immensely more dynamic and he is forgetting that Rondale is not the only exceptional weapon we have at wide out. And defenses already knew where Moore was and how did that work out for them? Just ask OSU.
Agree, Rondale Moore is a once in a coaching career type of player. Purdue has had very good offensive players, but it has been awhile since exceptional Drew Brees donned the jersey. That is how many years it goes between exceptional players...18-20 years. I was beyond smiling knowing that we as fans will get to see Rondale Moore play again. I like Rondale's attitude as well. Great young man on and off the field. If I understand it correctly, great in the classroom as well. He gets it and knows the prize is within reach. Hope he stays healthy and continues reaching for his dreams.

I expect 5 wins
I accept 3-4 wins if the team is giving its best effort every game
Less than 3 wins or 3 wins with multiple blowout losses would raise some serious doubts about the program
And it's all relative with every team this year when it comes to expectations, surprises, & disappointments. Adding COVID quarantines on top of normal injury issues + playing so much later in the year than they're accustomed to, there could be some really funky results throughout the year that don't really say anything about the quality of a team.

I don't see any games on PUs schedule that jump out as "unwinnable." But there are going to be so many things far outside of anyone's control this year that it's going to be unpredictable.

Your 3-5 range is reasonable as being the highest likelihood range for PU. I'd personally put the O/U for them at 5.5. I'd even give a pass to coaches this year for blow-outs (within reason) because you'll have to take into account all of those other outside factors.

is it wrong I don't care at all about wins? i just want to see him play.
It's not 'wrong'. But at the end of the day, the goal is to win games. FWIW the two things aren't mutually exclusive. A healthy Rondale Moore will help win games. And I believe this team has potential.. With just an 'average' P5 linebacker corps and oline, this could be a 6-3 or 7-2 team. That potential is something worth getting excited about.

Not putting a number on it. Just stay healthy and keep those results negative so we don't have to start cancelling games. I really do want to see Brohm break the trend and win the opener though.

Reactions: Purdue85
Agree, Rondale Moore is a once in a coaching career type of player. Purdue has had very good offensive players, but it has been awhile since exceptional Drew Brees donned the jersey. That is how many years it goes between exceptional players...18-20 years. I was beyond smiling knowing that we as fans will get to see Rondale Moore play again. I like Rondale's attitude as well. Great young man on and off the field. If I understand it correctly, great in the classroom as well. He gets it and knows the prize is within reach. Hope he stays healthy and continues reaching for his dreams.
A year or two ago, I remember the players being monitored in practice, and Rondale practiced more than twice as hard as the next highest player. He shows real comittment and drive in all things that he does, such as graduating in 2.5 years. What a great representative of Purdue!

My top goal/wish for this team is to beat Wisconsin. It is not even close. I hate Indiana and want the bucket but I feel like finally beating Wisconsin will break down this burden that has just been on us for 16 years. A streak that literally started with the fumble is still hanging over us. I feel like when we do finally break that streak it will also be a signal of greater things for us against the rest of the league.

It shouldn't.

If purdue only wins 4 game, just push the narrative that Trump was behind the teams that beat us! That'll get a few liberal fans on here to riot in the streets!

• Wow
Reactions: TwinDegrees2

Brohm needs to be at least .500 or he will be looking very Danny Hope like. There has to be some end to blaming Hazell.

It's not 'wrong'. But at the end of the day, the goal is to win games. FWIW the two things aren't mutually exclusive. A healthy Rondale Moore will help win games. And I believe this team has potential.. With just an 'average' P5 linebacker corps and oline, this could be a 6-3 or 7-2 team. That potential is something worth getting excited about.
To me, it’s not just about wins.

If I’m dropping a few hundred bucks to go to a game, I want to be ENTERTAINED. Even the losses I have attended the last couple years have been entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT