ADVERTISEMENT

Williams and Wheeler

Well Michigan is Ff good.....Purdue a top 30 team...big difference.

But to your point....I am patently waiting to see what CMP sees in GE. I am sure he hustles in practice.....but to start him....??
At best he is a nice reserve.

While W&W might get beat on D occasionally... CMP is supposed to be the coach that developed players. If he has not done that in W&W, well that is on him.

Reactions: purduepat1969
If I were them, I'd have my transfer papers filled out. Continuing to start Eifert and play him these kind of minutes is complete and utter insanity.

How the F do the folks in this thread watch a game like this and have the take-away that Eifert deserves fewer minutes? Do you really think this game would be closer?

Reactions: BBG
If I were them, I'd have my transfer papers filled out. Continuing to start Eifert and play him these kind of minutes is complete and utter insanity.

We will see how 2nd half plays out, but this teams ceiling rests on guys like Wheeler, Willliams, and Hunter growing and being able to contribute. At some point you let the young guys play a little more. I don't think they could have done much worse than giving up 30 in first 10 mins.

How the F do the folks in this thread watch a game like this and have the take-away that Eifert deserves fewer minutes? Do you really think this game would be closer?

What game are you watching? What has Eifert done in the last 3 games to deserve starting minutes? Please provide facts.

FSU game 16 minutes, 0 points, 3 rebound, 1 turnover, 4 fouls
Robert Morris. 23 min, 2 points, 8 rebounds, 1 turnover against Robert Morris...

I don’t think either Eifert or Wheeler are starting caliber at this point, but someone has to.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
What game are you watching? What has Eifert done in the last 3 games to deserve starting minutes? Please provide facts.

FSU game 16 minutes, 0 points, 3 rebound, 1 turnover, 4 fouls
Robert Morris. 23 min, 2 points, 8 rebounds, 1 turnover against Robert Morris...

I'm watching a (another game, actually) where our best player takes too many contested shots. Until Carsen learns to get others involved without throwing the ball away, this team will struggle.

Eifert is not the reason why this team has struggled.

Reactions: buffboiler
I'm watching a (another game, actually) where our best player takes too many contested shots. Until Carsen learns to get others involved without throwing the ball away, this team will struggle.

Eifert is not the reason why this team has struggled.

What do you expect out of Carsen when there's literally no one else on the team who can score. Eifert is playing poor D, isn't scoring, so how is he helping?

Reactions: atmafola
What do you expect out of Carsen when there's literally no one else on the team who can score. Eifert is playing poor D, isn't scoring, so how is he helping?

He's made 2 good plays this half - one a would be assist to Haarms and two a strip off the offensive board.

What the hell is that? So he made two good plays which confirms he should play 15 to 20 min a game?

No, that would be an example of a straw-man. Confirmation bias is when you ignore new evidence because your mind is already made up. Any other logic 101 questions?

No, that would be an example of a straw-man. Confirmation bias is when you ignore new evidence because your mind is already made up. Any other logic 101 questions?

Gee, you're so smart. I should agree with you because of your logic 101 brilliance...

Recruiting which leads to Eifert as our best option at the 4 and Haarms as our best option at the 5 is most definitely is one of the reasons this team has struggled.

Sure, we're all disappointed we haven't recruited great classes every year - there are very few programs that do, although UM seems to be one of them. Given Wheeler's game today, he may be playing bigger minutes sooner rather than later.

It's going to be a struggle to make the tournament, and to do so we need to somehow win the next two.

Sure, we're all disappointed we haven't recruited great classes every year - there are very few programs that do, although UM seems to be one of them. Given Wheeler's game today, he may be playing bigger minutes sooner rather than later.

It's going to be a struggle to make the tournament, and to do so we need to somehow win the next two.

Is that your logic 101 making that call? ;)

Really haven’t had a great recruiting class in any of the last 4. Couple of solid ones and a couple of small ones.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
Wheeler showing tonight why fans(most) have been clamoring for him to get more minutes. He can't improve if painter never plays him. Painter isn't some all knowing basketball genuis, he's been starting eifert for crying out loud! Wheeler NEEDS to replace grady in the starting line up, and eifert shouldn't be receiving more then a few minutes of mop up duty. Trevion has obvious potential as well. Why painter stubbornly keeps refusing to play him is beyond me.

Reactions: LionBulldog83
Love Tre's potential, but he does not appear to be in basketball shape to me.

Wheeler showing tonight why fans(most) have been clamoring for him to get more minutes. He can't improve if painter never plays him. Painter isn't some all knowing basketball genuis, he's been starting eifert for crying out loud! Wheeler NEEDS to replace grady in the starting line up, and eifert shouldn't be receiving more then a few minutes of mop up duty. Trevion has obvious potential as well. Why painter stubbornly keeps refusing to play him is beyond me.
Wheeler does have some spot up 3 potential. Can’t hurt.

Stubbornly........was the key word there

Wheeler has to play more. It's that simple.

I don't pretend to know Painter's logic. Why would a recruit want to come to Purdue when a very limited walk-on gets major minutes with no opportunity for development on the recruits part???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT