ADVERTISEMENT

Wille Berg injury update.

Gillis may be a career 3 point shooter. But we have other payers who are just as good and probably should be shooting more threes! I have to believe Loyer will be better this year. And maybe Miles will take a few 3 pointers! One must ask what does Gillis really bring other than his outside shot? I’d rather have a Furst or TKR at the 4.
Rebounding, toughness, leadership.

Gillis should split minutes at the 3 and let Furst, TKR, & Willie man the 4 and spell Zach at the 5. 6’ 6” is more of a 3 than a 4.

I can see Willis be a spark plug off the bench. It’s time to give TKR his minutes or move on. The same with Furst! It’s also time for our guards to take and also make their 3 point shots! If our guards make their shots, we won’t need our forwards taking those outside shots. I didn’t really like Tre or Biggie taking outside shots either. It’s also time to see what Miles can do! Gillis is a scrappy warrior. However. We need him coming off our bench to maintain our momentum or to ignite us! It should be noted Villinova’s 6th man when they won their championship was a first round draft pick and is still playing in the nba . It’s no shame to be a 6th man.

I completely agree with your assessment that minutes at the 4 and 5 are incredibly tight and we have three very experienced players there along with a guy in TKR that MP has said has to get more minutes. I think a lot of those minutes will depend upon whether any of those guys (Mason, Trey, Caleb) can shoot the ball efficiently and consistently. If one of those guys can shoot it at 40%+ consistently (not 9-12 one game, 1-7 another) my guess is they'll see the most minutes alongside Zach.
Absolutely! The log jam at the 4/back up 5 will be figured out by player performance and who teams up best with Mr. Edey. If TKR ends up starting that’s great because that means he’s improved drastically to play the 4! At the end of the day I hope to see TKR/Furst/Gillis all get meaningful minutes because that means less wear and tear on Edey and guys are earning their minutes to stay on the floor.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
I can see Willis be a spark plug off the bench. ***

What you talkin bout, Wole......

BraveIckyBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: PUQBMan.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT