ADVERTISEMENT

Will Berg

Looking good young man, Zach Edey 2.0 with a jumpshot?!

61WtHxx+sXL.jpg

I’m thinking of Haarms 2.0. Edey is the Krakin! Edey is the goal tender! Nothing gets past the man!

Reactions: TX4GB
Man would be awesome to see Berg be a 40%ish 3 pt shooter. I know many on this board (myself included) dont like Hunter Dickenson's personality but Hunter's on-court game is great. Would love to see Berg develop into a player like Dickenson who can shoot the 3, protect the rim, play great pick and roll defense and have good post moves against smaller 5's.
The potential with Smith and Berg in the pick and roll becomes amazingly enticing if Berg can become a good 3 pt shooter.

Man would be awesome to see Berg be a 40%ish 3 pt shooter. I know many on this board (myself included) dont like Hunter Dickenson's personality but Hunter's on-court game is great. Would love to see Berg develop into a player like Dickenson who can shoot the 3, protect the rim, play great pick and roll defense and have good post moves against smaller 5's.
The potential with Smith and Berg in the pick and roll becomes amazingly enticing if Berg can become a good 3 pt shooter.
That's all you want to see???

I am not sure Berg uses all of his eligibility. If that 3 point stroke is real, and it looks liek it is, between is size, shooting and Painter's staff's ability to develop big men, a stretch center is to valuable to the NBA. I actually think there is a better chance Zach uses is all of his eligibiity than Berg using 4 more years of his.

We just have seen this way too many times before on how Painter develops 7 footers...over and over. 3 star to NBA.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Berg, Colvin , Heide added to current mix if they all stay next year....wow, better and better.....how does someone prepare to play that group....will just wear you down ...and dropping 3's...geeeezzzz, can you say FF.

Last edited:
Berg looks like a good shooter, I but have to see how he does in a game. Great inside against a little coach pushing him with a pad. Let's see how he does against folks closer to his size, with strength and bulk. I am hopeful and Painter does his homework. However, I don't get overly excited about practice video or video of our d-1 recruits playing in high school against "regular" high school players.

Berg looks like a good shooter, I but have to see how he does in a game. Great inside against a little coach pushing him with a pad. Let's see how he does against folks closer to his size, with strength and bulk. I am hopeful and Painter does his homework. However, I don't get overly excited about practice video or video of our d-1 recruits playing in high school against "regular" high school players.
He is playing against one of the best players in the college game in practice..

Reactions: oldboiler52
I would imagine NCAA rules do not allow university facilities to be used for private/hired trainers.
Interesting. I just wouldn't think he'd need a personal trainer when we are in season. Never heard about guys training outside of normal practices during the season before. Seems like the kid is probably going above and beyond which is great.

He is playing against one of the best players in the college game in practice..
I was referring to the video. I am sure he is learning a lot playing Edey, but doubt he is looking so smooth and easily posting up, making layup and hooks against Edey. My point is not to get so hyped about a video with no pressure on him defensively except small guys with pads. That said, I trust Painter.

Only time will tell when he sees the floor but I trust that our coaches will bring out the best of him in the future. Not very often you get a 7’2” guy with a smooth jump shot that gets to practice against the best big man in college!

Keep in mind the practice setting and live games are completely different.
Zach's workout video a few years ago showed his rangesa lot farther than 4 ft and less.
Have not seen them, yet. esp. face up shots

Perhaps he is saving them as a secret weapon for March.

Boiler Up!!

If he can shoot 3s at 40% the pick and flare is undefendable.
Abmas & Obanor put on a clinic with this in Oral Robert's 2021 tourney run

I've always wanted Purdue's 5s to shoot a few 3s per game. I think Haarms could've developed a good 3 point shot

Keep in mind the practice setting and live games are completely different.
Zach's workout video a few years ago showed his rangesa lot farther than 4 ft and less.
Have not seen them, yet. esp. face up shots

Perhaps he is saving them as a secret weapon for March.

Boiler Up!!
I guess these are highlights. We don't know what sort of percentages they're shooting unguarded or in scrimmages.

I seem to recall Eastern always had off-season videos where he was lighting it up from 3...

I was referring to the video. I am sure he is learning a lot playing Edey, but doubt he is looking so smooth and easily posting up, making layup and hooks against Edey. My point is not to get so hyped about a video with no pressure on him defensively except small guys with pads. That said, I trust Painter.
He never offered a lot of resistance with the pad and he never pushed long enough. That said I do think he is stronger than when he arrived on campus and he can shoot the ball with some range. I doubt we see him moving bodies the same way Haas and Zach have. He is 7'2" and has some skill I think he will be productive...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT