ADVERTISEMENT

Why we really can’t lose playing a good IU team in the bucket game

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
First, I wanna say that I noticed something with Tom Allen.. the dude coaches like he’s at a sorry program that isn’t ranked in terms of going for the throat. Like Purdue, at IU you have nothing you need to protect because you are fighting up hill every time

why am I excited about IU being acknowledged as a good team.. and when I say acknowledged, please realize that before they had the ball with a chance to even up OSU at 42-42, they were being talked about as a playoff possibility on all the shows on Saturday ...

forget about whether you or I think they are good or want them to be considered good.. perception is reality and that’s the perception

if we win against a good IU team -

We take all the hype they’ve had and as long as we win these next two leading up to the bucket.. IUs hype becomes our hype. You want to be like Wisconsin in 03 and beat a team at the top of the hype train

If we lose against a good IU team -

there are a lot of things that the realistic crew tries to point out about this team and this program .. and you have the crowd that thought we were playing in the BTC coming back like “oh come on so and so player is actually really good and everything is great”

well, if a good IU team plays purdue and wins.. and the hype rises In our faces, well, now the happy go lucky rah rah crowd might get mad enough to say

“wait a minute, why does IU have such an athletic secondary and yet with 4 years and 85 schollies we have half of a good athletic secondary?”

losing games like that tends to raise the accountability

I’m way more excited about this game than I would be if the 2004 Hoosiers were headed our way.

its even better when you consider that we will spank Nebraska the year before in Marvin grants coming out party

If we lose to IU, we lose to IU. I don't see any positives, if that happens to be the case.

We played so much better offensively last game than what we have done all year. Because of the refs, we lost. We were a better team, but it is still a loss at the end of the day. In my book, there is no morale victories.

I think it was the 2002 team that lost every game that year by 7 points or less. We should have been the team that beat the eventual National Championship that year, Ohio State. They won on some lucky endzone pass at the end of the game.

We played a top 10 Michigan squad that year and lost by 2. We might have lost to another couple of ranked teams that year by a small margin. At the end of day, we were 7-6 that year I believe. Those losses were still losses at the end of the day. I know I did not feel better just because we hung with teams.

I always remember one of the purdue teams in the 1960s when I was at Purdue. Lost 3 games by something like a total of 8 points. I don't want close losses, I want close wins.

Oh, and if we lose this year one of the excuses is that we didn't have George playing on defense, since he's now out for 3 weeks with Covid.

Reactions: wakeman2626
If we lose to IU, we lose to IU. I don't see any positives, if that happens to be the case.

We played so much better offensively last game than what we have done all year. Because of the refs, we lost. We were a better team, but it is still a loss at the end of the day. In my book, there is no morale victories.

I think it was the 2002 team that lost every game that year by 7 points or less. We should have been the team that beat the eventual National Championship that year, Ohio State. They won on some lucky endzone pass at the end of the game.

We played a top 10 Michigan squad that year and lost by 2. We might have lost to another couple of ranked teams that year by a small margin. At the end of day, we were 7-6 that year I believe. Those losses were still losses at the end of the day. I know I did not feel better just because we hung with teams.

the positive is that watching your rival cap a great season at your expense tends to make happy go lucky mike damone “isn’t it great” types ... angry and willing to ask why inexcusable shit is happening

people who wanted to argue that we were going to the BTC suddenly start to see reality for what it is

I never want IU to be good at anything. It would be nice to end their good season with a loss but I’d prefer them to be bad every year and us beat them handily. It’s nothing personal to their team. It’s just their insufferable fan base. They already keep throwing those dusty basketball banners in our face that no one cares about and it’s been over 30 years. The last thing we need is for them to pass us up in football which should never happen. Then they’ll all pretend they were IU football fans the whole time, totally neglecting their loyalty to Notre Dame. There will be a surplus of ND gear at goodwill.

I never want IU to be good at anything. It would be nice to end their good season with a loss but I’d prefer them to be bad every year and us beat them handily. It’s nothing personal to their team. It’s just their insufferable fan base. They already keep throwing those dusty basketball banners in our face that no one cares about and it’s been over 30 years. The last thing we need is for them to pass us up in football which should never happen. Then they’ll all pretend they were IU football fans the whole time, totally neglecting their loyalty to Notre Dame. There will be a surplus of ND gear at goodwill.
Indiana passed you people up last year if you want the truth. The momentum Indiana now enjoys is tremendous, consider yourself lapped in football....

More importantly, Penix is going to DESTROY Purdue...Did you just see what he did to what roughly equates to a NFL team???? Jeezuz....

Reactions: LoyalHoosier
Indiana passed you people up last year if you want the truth. The momentum Indiana now enjoys is tremendous, consider yourself lapped in football....

More importantly, Penix is going to DESTROY Purdue...Did you just see what he did to what roughly equates to a NFL team???? Jeezuz....

mind you I think IU is good.. but beware rivalry games always. The 03 team is the best boiler team I’ve seen and a really shitty Hoosiers team playes them tough

by the way, enjoy the fact that you can run smack here when you guys are looking good...

your last post would have caused an insta ban on your site in any year since I’ve been posting (since 03)

Reactions: HarrysPostGame13

Spare me. Purdue played IU with a hand tied behind their back last year and still damn near won the game.

Reactions: DAG10

Will you live long enough to see Iu win a Bowl game?Do you remember them winning one?

Reactions: C'ville Boiler

😂 😂

Unlike you guys, we can actually beat OSU. Or perhaps you missed that game when we destroyed them?

You’re kidding yourself if you think you’ve lapped us. Why don’t you tell us more about how the Auburn bowl game is still having such a significant impact on us lol.

dude come off it.. they were down 7 with the ball driving against an Ohio state team that Is embarrassing the rest of the league

Embarrassing rest of the league? Rest of the league has been embarrassing themselves. The East is turning out to be amazingly bad this year. Don't like the truth, go back to the IU board where you can revel in almost beating a team with a pulse.

OSU played the 2nd half into IU's favor to gain some momentum. They were a run heavy team because of 2 bad picks by Field's. It was 35-7 in the second half and it looked easy for OSU to drive when Field's was making smart plays, but he was playing carelessly at times in the second half. I don't think if Day was in that same situation, he would play his offense the way he did again.

Reactions: Indy_Rider

Yeah we saw what you did at O$U, you lost to them in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. But then again, we also beat them when we were 'down'.

IU hasn't lapped anyone and will drop back down to the basement next year. I hope you get help for your drug addiction. It's pretty clear your meth habit has eroded your brain.

First, I wanna say that I noticed something with Tom Allen.. the dude coaches like he’s at a sorry program that isn’t ranked in terms of going for the throat. Like Purdue, at IU you have nothing you need to protect because you are fighting up hill every time

why am I excited about IU being acknowledged as a good team.. and when I say acknowledged, please realize that before they had the ball with a chance to even up OSU at 42-42, they were being talked about as a playoff possibility on all the shows on Saturday ...

forget about whether you or I think they are good or want them to be considered good.. perception is reality and that’s the perception

if we win against a good IU team -

We take all the hype they’ve had and as long as we win these next two leading up to the bucket.. IUs hype becomes our hype. You want to be like Wisconsin in 03 and beat a team at the top of the hype train

If we lose against a good IU team -

there are a lot of things that the realistic crew tries to point out about this team and this program .. and you have the crowd that thought we were playing in the BTC coming back like “oh come on so and so player is actually really good and everything is great”

well, if a good IU team plays purdue and wins.. and the hype rises In our faces, well, now the happy go lucky rah rah crowd might get mad enough to say

“wait a minute, why does IU have such an athletic secondary and yet with 4 years and 85 schollies we have half of a good athletic secondary?”

losing games like that tends to raise the accountability

I’m way more excited about this game than I would be if the 2004 Hoosiers were headed our way.

its even better when you consider that we will spank Nebraska the year before in Marvin grants coming out party
How about you post your IU stuff on the IU forum where it belongs? I honestly don't buy you aren't a closet IU fan with as much as you drool over them.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
mind you I think IU is good.. but beware rivalry games always. The 03 team is the best boiler team I’ve seen and a really shitty Hoosiers team playes them tough
Preach brother. The OOB is a nail biter far more often than not, regardless of how either team comes into it. Anyone from either side expecting a blowout is probably going to be disappointed.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020

yeesh.. let's let the play do the talking.. not a very good look on a PU forum.

Embarrassing rest of the league? Rest of the league has been embarrassing themselves. The East is turning out to be amazingly bad this year. Don't like the truth, go back to the IU board where you can revel in almost beating a team with a pulse.

this is as stupid as IU fans being unwilling to give the 03 boilers props lol

How about you post your IU stuff on the IU forum where it belongs? I honestly don't buy you aren't a closet IU fan with as much as you drool over them.

nat can verify that I’m a long time Purdue poster. When IU sucks I will say so...In 04 IU sucked .. this Year they don’t

this is as stupid as IU fans being unwilling to give the 03 boilers props lol

No, I'm willing to admit it, when they earn it. I was looking at their ranking and wondering if it is legit. So actually looked at who they played (not just the name on the jersey) and it's not looking like an impressive group. So as usual, they beat the teams they are supposed to beat.

Even more importantly, clownpants football has love - as shown selflessly by Hendershot and his respect for women, and now by this love-inspired speech by Rev. Coach Allen.

The speech, to be known as his Sermon on the Shoe, will be recorded for the coming generations of goosepoopers in the First Book of Clownpants:

Even more importantly, clownpants football has love - as shown selflessly by Hendershot and his respect for women, and now by this love-inspired speech by Rev. Coach Allen.

The speech, to be known as his Sermon on the Shoe, will be recorded for the coming generations of goosepoopers in the First Book of Clownpants:

Brilliant!
Hope Coach Allen to his blood pressure medicine before that speech.

Last edited:
No, I'm willing to admit it, when they earn it. I was looking at their ranking and wondering if it is legit. So actually looked at who they played (not just the name on the jersey) and it's not looking like an impressive group. So as usual, they beat the teams they are supposed to beat.

I’m sorry .., they’re a good team man. You’re getting too far into who you want to be good or not good.

they suffer from one not knowing to an extent .. because the west has those in between teams that aren’t so good as Ohio state (and therefore you can’t say “oh anyone would lose, it’s Ohio state”) but don’t suck like Michigan and penn state this year.. I’d love to see IU against Iowa or northwestern

Good chance we don’t beat Rutgers by 16.. I’ll tell you that

but let’s presume they really suck. Good.. If they beat us, maybe the alumni base comes off the rah rah shit And starts asking why we haven’t had two good athletic safeties since 2003...

Let the record show I feel the '03 PU squad was very, very good. Lost a heartbreaker at OSU the week before the Bucket iirc.

I am sure they came in flat thinking they would roll. Spread was what, 30 points? GD had IU fired up that day. Lovecchio was just terrible though, missing open guys in the EZ multiple times.

Having watched the rivalry for 45 years, I think both sides can agree the better team on paper or favored team has often come away with an L, or the game was closer than should have been. That's what makes it fun. Enjoy.

Let the record show I feel the '03 PU squad was very, very good. Lost a heartbreaker at OSU the week before the Bucket iirc.

I am sure they came in flat thinking they would roll. Spread was what, 30 points? GD had IU fired up that day. Lovecchio was just terrible though, missing open guys in the EZ multiple times.

Having watched the rivalry for 45 years, I think both sides can agree the better team on paper or favored team has often come away with an L, or the game was closer than should have been. That's what makes it fun. Enjoy.

after watching that game I will never expect even The best Purdue team to just roll IU.. and that would be the same if I was a Washington fan and we were talking Washington state and vice versa..

I mean even in 1999 it wasn’t like drew brees went down to IU and just lit the Hoosiers up.

Reactions: 4IUSox2

Penix is good. So is Fry and the other guy. Problem is, you have Tom Allen just like you had Crean. Peas in a pod. Don't get your hopes up real high because losing in Bloomington has become normal. But then, it always was.

Penix is good. So is Fry and the other guy. Problem is, you have Tom Allen just like you had Crean. Peas in a pod. Don't get your hopes up real high because losing in Bloomington has become normal. But then, it always was.

id love to have Allen give us an athletic defense that hasn’t been meh for three years

Lol, we'll be one of the league favorites next year, dummy!

Hopefully, purdue will be able to play the next few weeks. I really think playing Minnesota screwed up the rest of the season. Purdue will have more than Karlaftis testing positive. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT