ADVERTISEMENT

If you want a chuckle go on Twitter and look at the THOUSANDS of IU fans who think they are in the National Championship.

Abugabby

Junior
Jun 1, 2001
IU fans are posting in the thousands about Michael Penix...a guy who ditched their school to go play for a real football team, being in the championship game. They are also calling for Harbaugh to bench McCarthy so the OTHER quarterback that ditched IU to play on a real football team can play in an all-IU championship game. What world are we living in?

Reactions: Flot and ChuckJr
It doesn't matter who recruited what. It only matters what you are able to achieve with and through the talent you have.

IU was not and likely will always be a high quality university with a sports program. Their own media page makes it clear, women sports are the only thing going in the right direction for IU.

That being said, Purdue must dominate the B10 and put teams like IU (and Maryland) away early and for good.

Reactions: Abugabby
IU fans are posting in the thousands about Michael Penix...a guy who ditched their school to go play for a real football team, being in the championship game. They are also calling for Harbaugh to bench McCarthy so the OTHER quarterback that ditched IU to play on a real football team can play in an all-IU championship game. What world are we living in?
Hey ...hey....wait a minute. Dwayne Wade played at IU and crean got IU to a F4...don't forget 😉😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Flot and Abugabby
I am not shocked by this. Several of their fans thought that they should have represented the East in the 2020 BT Championship, instead of Ohio State, and have been given a shot at the CFP that year.

Penix was smart to leave. He would have been injured every other week with their OL. Also, he had not talent at WR to throw to. Too bad Washington was not in the BT this year. It would have been fun to see him beat his former team by about 60.

I am not shocked by this. Several of their fans thought that they should have represented the East in the 2020 BT Championship, instead of Ohio State, and have been given a shot at the CFP that year.

Penix was smart to leave. He would have been injured every other week with their OL. Also, he had not talent at WR to throw to. Too bad Washington was not in the BT this year. It would have been fun to see him beat his former team by about 60.
I mean... Indiana should have represented the East in 2020. The Big Ten changed the rules when Ohio State wouldn't have been eligible.

If you don't understand the relationship between Penix and fans, you can just say that.

Same Purdue fans said Brohm was taking Purdue to the CFP games.
I'm a IU guy..I don't live in that reality.
Let's see where both programs go in the next few yrs..

Same Purdue fans said Brohm was taking Purdue to the CFP games.
I'm a IU guy..I don't live in that reality.
Let's see where both programs go in the next few yrs..
The last 50 years haven't been a large enough sample size? How about the last 100 years? IU is the losingest team in the history of college football. Hiring a dickhead to run your team won't change that.

Your new coach is bringing half his team with him...good for him. But what about next year and the next 5...that talent will move through the pipeline and then you will be right back where you started.

Reactions: z_one and cillerdo
The last 50 years haven't been a large enough sample size? How about the last 100 years? IU is the losingest team in the history of college football. Hiring a dickhead to run your team won't change that.

Your new coach is bringing half his team with him...good for him. But what about next year and the next 5...that talent will move through the pipeline and then you will be right back where you started.
Please be respectful to Don Cignetti. He knows some “guys”……

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT