ADVERTISEMENT

Whole lot of arm-chair ADs here

OSU, Alabama, USC, TCU, Clemson, and Michigan all feature high powered offenses. and that's the direction texas is going. Manning is not going to play db.

I would have loved to hire this guy to be our next DC. it would have been a lateral move, and we could have offered him more money than Illinois.

What was needed then?
Somebody with a proven track record of being in the 1% most effective OCs or offensive minded coaches. Somebody whose team leads their conference and a top 5 or so national offense in passing. I actually don’t think it needed to be a head coach, but it must be somebody with proven genius in this one super critical area, and enough reason to believe they can put the rest of the pieces together. It must start with this, or we are doomed. We struck out.

Jesus. Give our new coach a chance. No one here knows what went on behind the scenes. No one here was present at Walters' interview process. No one here knows who turned it down or was even offered. No one here knows what the plan is for a new OC.

Give this a chance. Please.
I'd like to. But there is no time anymore to lose a season or two being mediocre. Everyone else is adding Coaches that are running high powered offenses. Nobody cares about defense. This sounds a lot like the Hazel hire. "give him time" there is no time and Purdue never has had a good running team. Illinois tried it and we beat them passing.

Jesus. Give our new coach a chance. No one here knows what went on behind the scenes. No one here was present at Walters' interview process. No one here knows who turned it down or was even offered. No one here knows what the plan is for a new OC.

You don't hire a developmental coach for a P5 Big Ten program. You just don't.

If Walters were hired at a G5 school as head coach, I could see that being a good hire.

In big boy football, I just don't.

Just a reminder that Kirby Smart was never a head coach or offensive coordinator until he took the head position at UGA.

His offenses have been decent most seasons, as well.
If Walters recruits like Kirby Smart, then his offenses will be fine, no matter who the OC is.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Part of the problem with hiring a young assistant coach is that he will not be able to bring recruits or staff with him. Brohm took our staff and several of our best recruits. When he came to Purdue he did the same from Western Michigan.

I doubt Walters will flip anyone from Illinois and getting a staff together will probably take some time.

We may know shortly. As a Bears fan I was skeptical pretty early when Haze brought in Shoop and said we were going to run the ball, Our fate was sealed before the first snap of the season.

and therein lies the problem. too many questions about this new coach. are we getting another of the many failures since 1970 or are we getting one of the three coaches that had some success? would have preferred a proven coach

Reactions: purduepat1969
If Walters recruits like Kirby Smart, then his offenses will be fine, no matter who the OC is.
Recruit like Kirby Smart? He has Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennesse 5/4 stars coming in every year, are you serious and yes we are all hopeful, Recruits want to play in big time offenses with a lot of touches.

it's my fault. I said I'd rather have wins than a flashy pass happy offense. I said on he day he was hired, hazell was a terrible choice and people called me crazy and said we had to give him 4 years before making a judgement. and we had to see 4 years of his recruiting classes before we could critisiz him or his players. and my account was suspended from posting for being so negative about the coach and the players he recruited.

I hate to repeat myself, but this hire is not what the fans wanted. this hire is not going to put fans in the stands. this hire is not going to bring talent to Purdue. this hire is not going to attract 4/5 stars. hopefully Purdue got him at a discount. I'd hate to believe we paid over $4 mil for him.

we're going to need an OC. is it going to be brian brohm?

I'd like to know who BOBO was trying to hire, and who turned us down.

as I said before, if BOBO had any wisdom as an AD, he knew brohm was going to leave and should have had a short list of candidates already on file to replace him. We all knew Brohm was going to leave. how can an AD not prepare himself for the inevitable? I doubt this guy was on anybody's short list. This is more like a plan E because Plans a-d turned us down.

You can spin it anyway you want. You can be as positive as you want. This was not a big name hire. this was not somebody who is going to elevate the program even higher. This was not even a lateral hire like hiring the WV or ISU coach. This was a reach. this was a panic decision . Purdue could have waited until January to make this decision. a couple of players decommitted and BOBO panicked. those kentucky players were going to decommit regardless of who we hired.

And you can (try) to piss on it any way you want. Right?
Fact is you don't know squat about coach Walters and how he will fare.
You are making panic driven posts.
Sounds stupid doesn't it........

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

Jesus....wonderful person...not sure how he feels about the new coaching hire....😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT