ADVERTISEMENT

who takes over the offense?

The only person on the offensive staff who was here when we were winning. Was a decent TE…can’t be worse than what we had calling the plays.

Newsflash…we aren’t hiring somebody mid year to step in. The offense is already installed. We won’t be switching it up. We are only switching the play caller.

The only person on the offensive staff who was here when we were winning. Was a decent TE…can’t be worse than what we had calling the plays.
I guess. He's never called plays. Most likely, it will be someone who worked with the QBs

Newsflash…we aren’t hiring somebody mid year to step in. The offense is already installed. We won’t be switching it up. We are only switching the play caller.
We won't be switching it up, but I would think the entire rest of the staff, Walters included, has some different ideas. Maybe not major changes, but minor ones that might be helpful.

Nobody on staff anymore has.
Dub is saying the QB offensive analyst. Patterson has more offensive experience with RB and WR. I'd be willing to bet Card has a good command of the air raid offense and was limited in what he wanted to do so he might just needs to release the offense play book. That offense against NE was atrocious.

Reactions: pboiler18
When Walters was a player, what position did he play again?

Walters says screw it, he's going to call the offense and defense rest of the season.

Yeah, probably not happening, but also not like he doesn't know a little about offense and probably going to have to take more of hands on approach regardless of he takes on the play calling duties.

When Walters was a player, what position did he play again?

Walters says screw it, he's going to call the offense and defense rest of the season.

Yeah, probably not happening, but also not like he doesn't know a little about offense and probably going to have to take more of hands on approach regardless of he takes on the play calling duties.
maybe. he didn't play offense after high school. He was a DB since his sophomore year and was a damn good one.

Dub is saying the QB offensive analyst. Patterson has more offensive experience with RB and WR. I'd be willing to bet Card has a good command of the air raid offense and was limited in what he wanted to do so he might just needs to release the offense play book. That offense against NE was atrocious.
MBob calls the rest of the staff into his office tomorrow morning. “I’ve got bad news and good news. The bad news is you’re all fired. The good news is you’ve got 8 games to earn your jobs back.”

I guess Walters was feeling the heat. People that thought that Walters would not be let go after 2 years might be convinced otherwise now. Walters will now be fighting to prove he deserves to be the head coach. I think he is over his head, but willing to give him a chance to show otherwise.

It was the right decision to let Harrell go. We were taking steps backwards on offense. If Card does not improve with a new coordinator, then he needs to be benched. There are no other excuses that can be used.

Hopefully, we will see the offense offer a little excitement going forward.

MBob calls the rest of the staff into his office tomorrow morning. “I’ve got bad news and good news. The bad news is you’re all fired. The good news is you’ve got 8 games to earn your jobs back.”
I don't think MBob was involved. It was pretty obvious that the O wasn't working and the guy in charge made a quick fire. What happens next will determine his outcome.

Reactions: pboiler18
Jerry Kill is now a consultant with Vanderbilt, and see how they've improved. I doubt that he'd leave them for us, but we should try to hire a similar consultant to help call the plays. Always an overachiever with what players he's been given. In 2009 his NIU team whipped Purdue handily, and I'm sure he also beat them while coaching at Minnesota. Just a highly successful coach wherever he goes, and probably would be now a top name coach if it hadn't been for his medical issues.

Jerry Kill is now a consultant with Vanderbilt, and see how they've improved. I doubt that he'd leave them for us, but we should try to hire a similar consultant to help call the plays. Always an overachiever with what players he's been given. In 2009 his NIU team whipped Purdue handily, and I'm sure he also beat them while coaching at Minnesota. Just a highly successful coach wherever he goes, and probably would be now a top name coach if it hadn't been for his medical issues.
What's Jim Chaney doing these days?

Reactions: Thordog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT