ADVERTISEMENT

Who signs with Purdue this fall?

Johnson was extremely overrated. Athletic, but a head case (reminded me of Ronnie Johnson with a better outside shot). IU played better without him. Woodson was finally able to get TJD to play team ball, but never got through to X.
Agree completely about how Johnson played, but IU’s record was so much better with him than without him, because he was a very good on ball defender and their other options were far worse—freshman Cupps and CJ Gunn

Last edited:
So based on visit schedule, we are 100% out on Mullins? Is that what I understand?

I still think we get Sisley. The rest - who knows.

Haralson - wouldn’t surprise me if Shrews pulls him in. I can see the comp to Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
So based on visit schedule, we are 100% out on Mullins? Is that what I understand?

I still think we get Sisley. The rest - who knows.

Haralson - wouldn’t surprise me if Shrews pulls him in. I can see the comp to Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum.
I probably shouldn’t be but I’d be happy for Shrews if he landed Haralson. He’d certainly be featured there and would get good coaching.

Completely out on Mullins but not on Haralson. Extreme longshot but given the family relationship there’s a world in which he comes in to play an important (not lead) role on a championship team.

I probably shouldn’t be but I’d be happy for Shrews if he landed Haralson. He’d certainly be featured there and would get good coaching.

Completely out on Mullins but not on Haralson. Extreme longshot but given the family relationship there’s a world in which he comes in to play an important (not lead) role on a championship team.
I share the same opinion

I just really don't see any reason why Shrews would get him over us, but been surprised before on occasion.
I can think of at least two reasons:
1) unlimited guaranteed minutes and the opportunity to be 'the guy'
2) potentially (likely?) a larger guaranteed NIL payout

A potential third selling point is the NBA connection, i.e. 'we'd run for you similar stuff that we ran for Tatum, Brown, etc.

Surprised OSU was left off.
Yeah, agree. I'd guess that he either doesn't have a committable offer or he's just cut down to the programs that have made him a priority. Toledo is also kind of a weird part of Ohio for OSU. There are definitely a lot of OSU fans there but it's closer to Ann Arbor and East Lansing than it is to Columbus.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Yeah, agree. I'd guess that he either doesn't have a committable offer or he's just cut down to the programs that have made him a priority. Toledo is also kind of a weird part of Ohio for OSU. There are definitely a lot of OSU fans there but it's closer to Ann Arbor and East Lansing than it is to Columbus.
Agreed. I feel like someone posted that Purdue was too far away for him…and now he’s chosen two programs not really near where he grew up 😂

What was the NCAA reason for increasing schollies from 13 to 15?
“The removal of scholarship caps and changes to roster limits are part of a major settlement agreement involving three lawsuits against the NCAA and the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC: House v. NCAA, Hubbard v. NCAA and Carter v. NCAA.

These lawsuits address various aspects of benefits for D1 student-athletes, including Name, Image and Likeness (NIL). ”

Reactions: seminolesboilers
“The removal of scholarship caps and changes to roster limits are part of a major settlement agreement involving three lawsuits against the NCAA and the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC: House v. NCAA, Hubbard v. NCAA and Carter v. NCAA.

These lawsuits address various aspects of benefits for D1 student-athletes, including Name, Image and Likeness (NIL). ”
It's too bad the judge is trying to kill the settlement agreement.

Agree completely about how Johnson played, but IU’s record was so much better with him than without him, because he was a very good on ball defender and their other options were far worse—freshman Cupps and CJ Gunn
If he kept his head

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT