ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the 4* RB that transferred from IU?

Sep 2, 2001
Is this boy eligible to play? I thought he was a recruit Ohio State wanted but he went to IU instead. Why is he not playing for Purdue?

Is this boy eligible to play? I thought he was a recruit Ohio State wanted but he went to IU instead. Why is he not playing for Purdue?
There is a "search" feature on this page. Here's what you find if you insert "IU transfer RB"

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/search/111222/?q=IU+transfer+RB&o=relevance

This is why people are trolling you -- you're asking a question that has been extensively discussed and reported here, so 1) you're obviously not "here" very often (or you'd know the answer to the questions), and 2) you ask questions without doing even a cursory search for the info (...or you'd have already received the answer to the questions).

There is a "search" feature on this page. Here's what you find if you insert "IU transfer RB"

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/search/111222/?q=IU+transfer+RB&o=relevance

This is why people are trolling you -- you're asking a question that has been extensively discussed and reported here, so 1) you're obviously not "here" very often (or you'd know the answer to the questions), and 2) you ask questions without doing even a cursory search for the info (...or you'd have already received the answer to the questions).
Secondarily, Google can also be used to look up RB grad transfers...it's not hard to do.

I guess what I don't understand is, if his eligibility for this year has already been turned down by the NCAA, why was Brohm saying he's still hopeful?

And then, 10 days later, he's suddenly no longer hopeful:

Has the NCAA released a definitive statement within the past couple of weeks or is Brohm just reading the tea leaves?

I guess what I don't understand is, if his eligibility for this year has already been turned down by the NCAA, why was Brohm saying he's still hopeful?

And then, 10 days later, he's suddenly no longer hopeful:

Has the NCAA released a definitive statement within the past couple of weeks or is Brohm just reading the tea leaves?
They are appealing the ruling.

Thanks for the update...it seems as if these things should be pretty cut and dried and shouldn't drag out over weeks. Either way, I hope Purdue hears quickly so it can move on one way or the other.

NCAA followed their process and denied it. I dont see an issue here.
When the NCAA follows all of their processes consistently, I won't be critical. I get they may have followed it here. But there have been too many exceptions elsewhere...

When the NCAA follows all of their processes consistently, I won't be critical. I get they may have followed it here. But there have been too many exceptions elsewhere...
Who says the process wasnt followed there?

Ah, meh. NCAA hasnt had real authority over football in 20+ years.
Or basketball...Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona...NCAA is a joke as a whole. We know the process is never handled mono-e-mono. I believe this is where he stands.

Or basketball...Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona...NCAA is a joke as a whole. We know the process is never handled mono-e-mono. I believe this is where he stands.
NCAA wont give up bball. The tourney rakes in too much money.

Reactions: Poprudy
If the big boys band together and breakaway, my opinion is they leave the middling programs behind.
Yeah, not to open up this whole argument back up again, but a program like Purdue does not want to find itself in the vulnerable position of low man on the totem pole. There is strength in numbers, checks and balances, having peer programs in the conference, and only a few big boys to contend with while sharing the big boy revenue. Need to keep it that way as long as possible.

NCAA wont give up bball. The tourney rakes in too much money.
Agree 💯 and this is exactly why big programs will never fail under NCAA. Money will always be the common denominator and the larger contributors get the most privileges. I think you both are correct

Thanks for the update...it seems as if these things should be pretty cut and dried and shouldn't drag out over weeks. Either way, I hope Purdue hears quickly so it can move on one way or the other.
It was a clear cut deadline of July 1st be in the Portal or be left behind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT