ADVERTISEMENT

What's the Defense to This?

Army Officer Who Heard Trump’s Ukraine Call Reported Concerns and is ready to testify tomorrow per NY Times

Reported "concerns". Hell, I'm concerned about all the hatred, I'm concerned about Nojel's ankle. I'm concerned about Brohm's lack of coaching ability. And I'm very concerned about the health of all you Trump haters when you find out he's been elected AGAIN in 2020 because the Dem's have no one who can beat him.

1) Think Vindman " sounds like a lobbyist " ?? " Sounds " like you might be well advised to do more
informative reading
2) Biden - V.Pres. As all Veeps, has about as much power as the White House kitchen staff supervisor.
3)What " it all comes down to " is how Trump, Rudy et al were involved in the separate shadow diplomacy venture, involving political corruption on the part of THEM...……..not Ukrainian officials (a separate issue)
4) EIGHT FIGURE net worths ON THE BACKS OF AMERICAN TAXPAYERS ???!! 97 - you're infrequently the author of that level of goofy, here.

-Sounds like a lobbyist in the sense he spoke up when money stopped flowing to his home country. But did nothing about the actions that got money flowing there in first place. If he is fair and impartial expert he should have had issues with both. In this case I could not care less about his military service overseas-it is irrelevant to the case.

-I will say I have an issue with Rudy being involved. Should have just appointed him an envoy or gave him a role at State. I never got that whole deal. And while I liked RudyG back in the day, some of his behavior on tv seems pretty similar to elderly that are attended to by EMTs due to issues with dementia or early stage Alzheimers. Just the angry, non-seniscal, rambling part. JMO. Eerily similar.

-Still does not change the fact that Biden was VP and not a civilian at time this went on.

Hey, I just have an issue with foreign aid(which is taxpayer money):
-going to countries that suddenly have children of politicians on the boards of companies run by oligarchs,
-donated roughly $10 million to a foundation of a SoS,
-or a defense company that works in that country is awarded 8 figure defense contracts that were pushed for by politicians after owners of company held fundraisers for them.

Is it national interest at play there or something else?

[QUOTE="indy35, post: 2352548, member: 4166" You guys are all completely delusional.
And you're not?[/QUOTE]
Right, see when you use facts and form opinions based on actual evidence that’s not delusional. You post things constantly that are completely untrue, things that can be fact checked within a matter of minutes. Your entire worldview has been twisted by propaganda, you don’t have the first clue what’s real.

Purdue97: Having Rudy involved is also a big issue for me. No way should he be conducting foreign affairs. Plus I agree with your assessment of his rambling nonsensical interviews.

Reactions: Bill4411
-Sounds like a lobbyist in the sense he spoke up when money stopped flowing to his home country. But did nothing about the actions that got money flowing there in first place. If he is fair and impartial expert he should have had issues with both. In this case I could not care less about his military service overseas-it is irrelevant to the case.

-I will say I have an issue with Rudy being involved. Should have just appointed him an envoy or gave him a role at State. I never got that whole deal. And while I liked RudyG back in the day, some of his behavior on tv seems pretty similar to elderly that are attended to by EMTs due to issues with dementia or early stage Alzheimers. Just the angry, non-seniscal, rambling part. JMO. Eerily similar.

-Still does not change the fact that Biden was VP and not a civilian at time this went on.

Hey, I just have an issue with foreign aid(which is taxpayer money):
-going to countries that suddenly have children of politicians on the boards of companies run by oligarchs,
-donated roughly $10 million to a foundation of a SoS,
-or a defense company that works in that country is awarded 8 figure defense contracts that were pushed for by politicians after owners of company held fundraisers for them.

Is it national interest at play there or something else?
Republicans continue to show they don’t give a shit about our country. Money and power, that’s all that matters. Anything goes, no matter how illegal, no matter how unethical. Right wing propaganda will excuse it and useful idiots will lap it up.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
This is a true statement. Where exactly does Rudy Gulliani fall in this spectrum of State department, Secretaries, and Executive Positions?
There is a reason that ambassadors are appointed and state department officials who work in foreign countries have to get security clearances. Those security background checks make sure that you have no conflicts of interest compared to the duties you will be performing. Gulliani said that he was going to apply for his security clearance two years ago, but when asked about it directly a few weeks ago, he dodged the question. My guess is that his business dealings with foreign nationals (it might be in your best interests to check out what Gulliani was doing during the years between being Mayor of New York and 2016) probably drew enough red flags that he wasn't able to get clearance. While Trump is able to declassify information directly to Gulliani, that still does not mean that he can dictate policy on foreign soil as a private citizen without security clearance.

Right. No idea about RudyG. Trump should have appointed him to DoJ, State, or made him a special envoy like Vocker if Trump wanted him involved.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Trump pressuring a foreign country to investigate a political opponent = totally ok!
Officials raising concerns about illegal and unethical behavior of withholding aid unless a political investigation was started = maybe those people aren’t acting in interest of the US

How does your mind end up with all this stuff?

I have said I would like to hear the phone call about Trump and pressuring the Ukraine about Biden, then make my own mind up. The note version is great and all but it leaves out context, tone, etc. This second and third hand info, is middle school and high schoolish. Unfortunately, Langley and other intel agencies have that reputation

People keep conveniently forgetting that Biden was VP, and their statement taken under oath in Ukraine that state people were fired due to his request.

As for your last statement, maybe they are or are not. That is why I think the entire deal should be investigated.

It may be the absolute epitome of irony that we see "conservative" Republicans challenging the honor of a decorated, wounded, career military person solely in an attempt to protect the position of someone who avoided a "wartime" military draft based upon the questionable medical assertion of bone spurs in the feet. I never would have thought such a thing would happen. How times have changed.

Respect the troops. Get mad at NFL players kneeling. But eviscerate a guy with a Purple Heart because he is an immigrant. This is some Orwellian shit.

And you're not?
Right, see when you use facts and form opinions based on actual evidence that’s not delusional. You post things constantly that are completely untrue, things that can be fact checked within a matter of minutes. Your entire worldview has been twisted by propaganda, you don’t have the first clue what’s real.[/QUOTE]
Like you have any clue what is real? You and the magnificent 6 are so laughable. If I try and post in a certain way it means my view is right. You, 2U and your crew are so laughable. I enjoy the entertainment! Carry on in your tinfoil bubble I love it!

I was a Republican, but I am an American first. Country trumps party.

Thankfully a lot of people are agreeing with you. There have been so many lines crossed. Not obeying subpoenas blows my mind - that is setting a very bad precedent. Since when can people just decide not to obey a subpoena from Congress?

spare me, dude. I have been saying form day one this is a political dog and pony show and it keeps getting exposed. Nancy is clearing CYA'ing for the reps in Trump districts who don't want to be put on the record. Bring it to a vote or shut up about it and stop holding secret meetings ;)

They are once again using their media operatives and trying to get ahead of something (my guess is the IG report).

Why couldn't they just accept the results and try to win in 2020? They have no shot and they know it.
Spare the part of the US population that has access to the truth.
What fool gives a damn what YOU'VE "been saying from day one " , inasmuch as bathroom wall scribblings have more intelligible content than anything coming from you.
The actual floor vote for bringing finalized articles will come when the House gets damn good and ready to have it....not when roadblock-level people call for it.
Oh, and the "secret " House hearings for depositions and testimony included the 47 GOP members who had rights and privileges equal to the Dem. members.

It won't be long, as was announced, today, before OPEN hearings begin on the House chamber....
You ain't gonna like 'em…..they'll be takin' your boy behind the woodshed......

Spare the part of the US population that has access to the truth.
What fool gives a damn what YOU'VE "been saying from day one " , inasmuch as bathroom wall scribblings have more intelligible content than anything coming from you.
The actual floor vote for bringing finalized articles will come when the House gets damn good and ready to have it....not when roadblock-level people call for it.
Oh, and the "secret " House hearings for depositions and testimony included the 47 GOP members who had rights and privileges equal to the Dem. members.

It won't be long, as was announced, today, before OPEN hearings begin on the House chamber....
You ain't gonna like 'em…..they'll be takin' your boy behind the woodshed......
Wow , do you work to be a 24/7 asshole and verbally abuse anyone that doesn't share your warped views? Also speaking English when you post your worthless drivel when attacking people would at least be helpful. How many times have you been banned from this board? Your propensity for posting and aggressive nature suggest many times before 2017

Wow , do you work to be a 24/7 asshole and verbally abuse anyone that doesn't share your warped views? Also speaking English when you post your worthless drivel when attacking people would at least be helpful. How many times have you been banned from this board? Your propensity for posting and aggressive nature suggest many times before 2017
I was addressing another poster. You & I have nothing to say to each other.

When this is all over, it’ll be a question that people ask. Did you support Trump? It’ll be a shameful thing for those that don’t have the courage or values to stand against Trump while it’s happening.

It's also important to remember that one of the more difficult things to do as a human is to admit you've been fooled. I don't think it's appropriate to spike the football on those who gradually come around to this realization.

This has the potential to become one of the uglier periods in the history of this country, and it will get much worse as Trump continues to sink.

And you're not?
Right, see when you use facts and form opinions based on actual evidence that’s not delusional. You post things constantly that are completely untrue, things that can be fact checked within a matter of minutes. Your entire worldview has been twisted by propaganda, you don’t have the first clue what’s real.[/QUOTE]
As someone else told you in another post.."You can't be this dumb." You just can't.

And now you have Laura KKK Ingraham saying Vindman is a double agent on her show tonight. The spin isn’t even ridiculous anymore. It’s just embarrassing. Anyone who agrees with her line of thinking needs to be horse-kicked square in the temple. Just get in line right behind her.

Reactions: Bill4411 and indy35
And now you have Laura KKK Ingraham saying Vindman is a double agent on her show tonight. The spin isn’t even ridiculous anymore. It’s just embarrassing. Anyone who agrees with her line of thinking needs to be horse-kicked square in the temple. Just get in line right behind her.
She's also calling on McConnell to change the impeachment rules in the Senate.

She's also calling on McConnell to change the impeachment rules in the Senate.

Of course she is. Trump over everything else.

Why is it that you need to weaken your arguments by calling anyone KKK? That is embarrassing.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Why is it that you need to weaken your arguments by calling anyone KKK? That is embarrassing.

You wanna die on the Laura Ingraham hill, twin, then by all means, knock yourself out.

Reactions: atmafola

Ol' Shitty Shifty Schiff will just keep telling more and more lies until someone has to guts to take him to task. But we know Pelosi won't do it.

Well isn't this ironic. Twin cares about decorum only when it suits him....

Shocker a Trump supporter would have such double standards....

Ol' Shitty Shifty Schiff will just keep telling more and more lies until someone has to guts to take him to task. But we know Pelosi won't do it.

Well isn't this ironic. Twin cares about decorum only when it suits him....

Shocker a Trump supporter would have such double standards....

Well isn’t that just soooooo unsurprisingly and predictably hypocritical.

It’s actually pretty mortifying. What’s sad is the people who will rush to Trump’s defense. Imagine defending a draft-dodger over a Purple Heart recipient. Yet that’s where we are. That’s what’s sad.
All of that is true, but I can't accept that as being more saddening than the President of the the United States engaging in the conduct that it is more and more clear that he did. I detest him for the personal things that I have regularly mentioned but cannot avoid a true depression given what this means in relationship to the office itself, let alone where his choices are going to lead given the thought processes of his supporters. It is Nixon on steroids and I never remotely expected that we would ever see anything like that again. It was horrendous then, and this is becoming far worse.

All of that is true, but I can't accept that as being more saddening than the President of the the United States engaging in the conduct that it is more and more clear that he did. I detest him for the personal things that I have regularly mentioned but cannot avoid a true depression given what this means in relationship to the office itself, let alone where his choices are going to lead given the thought processes of his supporters. It is Nixon on steroids and I never remotely expected that we would ever see anything like that again. It was horrendous then, and this is becoming far worse.
Praying for you and all of your problems .............You seem to be a really troubled person so I ask everyone to pray for you because you clearly have a lot of issues

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT