Oct 12, 2015
All conference nose tackle to anchor the D line

Competent role players next to Barnes at LB and Karlaftis at DE

Competition/depth driving better secondary play

Genius play caller who could get the most out of any offense

Star-in-the making at running back

Much improved offensive line

Improved special teams

That pretty much sums it up......and not one box can we put a check mark through....

If there's any consolation to a disappointing season, it should be that Horvath is low-key putting in an All-B1G caliber season, Bell is like damned Spiderman catching everything, & Moore is still a complete stud. Just some bad breaks for you guys. Hang tough!

That pretty much sums it up......and not one box can we put a check mark through....
The check marks (cue Dennis Green “they are who we thought they were):
Karlaftis (when healthy)
Barnes
Moore
Durham
Decent QB play
Dellinger
Trice

The overachievers:
Bell
Horvath

All conference nose tackle to anchor the D line

Competent role players next to Barnes at LB and Karlaftis at DE

Competition/depth driving better secondary play

Genius play caller who could get the most out of any offense

Star-in-the making at running back

Much improved offensive line

Improved special teams

we have a much improved offensive line even with cam Craig out

we have a much improved offensive line even with cam Craig out

Vastly improved offensive line. We’ve seen some decent fronts in NW and Iowa. We’ve been able to run the ball almost every game. It’s not been dominant, but better than I though it’d be.

Any chance Barnes comes back next year with the added COVID eligibility? Fun player to watch.

I’m not sure about where he is with his degree, but he would definitely be welcomed back. I think he’s probably a FA at the next level right now. He might be able to improve his status by returning.

What round do you think he goes?

don’t know but I think he’ll know he will be in the league and bounce. Maybe 5th

ill tell you this .. I never thought I’d see the day where I’d be willing to bet that Derrick Barnes gets drafted ahead of Lorenzo
Neal

I’ll say this.. if Barnes runs well at the combine he could go a bit higher than the 5th

Last edited:
Reactions: krf3632
don’t know but I think he’ll know he will be in the league and bounce. Maybe 5th

ill tell you this .. I never thought I’d see the day where I’d be willing to bet that Derrick Barnes gets drafted ahead of Lorenzo
Neal

I’ll say this.. if Barnes runs well at the combine he could go a bit higher than the 5th

Neal goes earlier. No question.

Barnes was never dominant IMO. He’s been playing well at ILB, but he’s not a guy that opponents fear. He had 9 tackles in the first half vs Rutgers, so maybe he’s turning a corner.

I can buy 5th-FA if he runs well.

Barnes was never dominant IMO. He’s been playing well at ILB, but he’s not a guy that opponents fear. He had 9 tackles in the first half vs Rutgers, so maybe he’s turning a corner.

Who do you think is playing better right now, Barnes or Neal?

Seems like a pretty good comp would be Bentley who is a captain and had 13 tackles today. Bentley was drafted in the 5th.

neal has been pushed around worse than the 2005 DTs man .. he’s got the weight. He doesn’t play with as much explosiveness as he did in 2017.

Neal seems like he's easily 340, though listed at 325. He is easily the largest man on the filed game in and game out.

does pFF dock for “rugby pushed ten yards downfield”

heh, maybe.

I will say this...After a very slow first couple games, Neal has actually played pretty well in the the last few overall. IMO, him getting pushed around is more of a result of Dibacle's horrible schemes and not properly utilizing the good players we do have.

heh, maybe.

I will say this...After a very slow first couple games, Neal has actually played pretty well in the the last few overall. IMO, him getting pushed around is more of a result of Dibacle's horrible schemes and not properly utilizing the good players we do have.

neal got pushed around yesterday .. but he still isn’t as bad as Diaco delusionally putting two 4-3 SSDEs out there up front with Neal

and even if I agreed with you, he didn’t play like a day one pick .. that was the consensus before his injury In 2018

Neal has made some plays. He’s 330 plus. He’s not in great shape but he’s a load. Probably gets worn out after being on the field for 10 straight plays.

Neal could be valuable as a nose in a 3-4 or a 1 tech in a 4-3. I think he goes in the 3rd or 4th.

neal got pushed around yesterday .. but he still isn’t as bad as Diaco delusionally putting two 4-3 SSDEs out there up front with Neal

and even if I agreed with you, he didn’t play like a day one pick .. that was the consensus before his injury In 2018

I didn't say Neal was playing at an all big ten -level or anything like that. But he's played pretty well starting with Northwestern. And that's saying something considering this shitshow of a defense. Then again, you probably know more than PFF.

I didn't say Neal was playing at an all big ten -level or anything like that. But he's played pretty well starting with Northwestern. And that's saying something considering this shitshow of a defense. Then again, you probably know more than PFF.

Ideally he’d play on running downs and then get off the field. He’s not been playing great, but he has some flashes. He definitely get doubled a lot.

I didn’t say I know more I’m just saying maybe they don’t grade everything.. how do you quantify pushed around lol

I didn’t say I know more I’m just saying maybe they don’t grade everything.. how do you quantify pushed around lol

Well, you have made a few posts about him being "pushed around" like inferior lineman. So in other words, you've indicated multiple times he's playing poorly. I have disagreed; I think since NU, he's played pretty well...so much that PFF rated him our best def player this last game, and I believe fairly high in the last 3 games.

He had a slow start. He clearly wasn't in game-shape coming off a serious knee injury but is trending up. But you keep harping on being pushed around. Is he playing well or not in your opinion? C'mon my dude, which is it, lol

Well, you have made a few posts about him being "pushed around" like inferior lineman. So in other words, you've indicated multiple times he's playing poorly. I have disagreed; I think since NU, he's played pretty well...so much that PFF rated him our best def player this last game, and I believe fairly high in the last 3 games.

He had a slow start. He clearly wasn't in game-shape coming off a serious knee injury but is trending up. But you keep harping on being pushed around. Is he playing well or not in your opinion? C'mon my dude, which is it, lol

you just explained how to quantify getting pushed around or no?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT