ADVERTISEMENT

What is everyone looking for against Creighton?

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
I am most interested in who separates themselves at the five position. We have a lot of depth there but so far it’s unsure who will stand out. Does Berg take advantage of his first chance at meaningful minutes? Does Jacobson jump Berg on the depth chart? Does small ball with TKR work against a good big? Does Burgess put an end to the RS talk? Lots of questions.

I am also interested in seeing how the frosh mesh with Smith, Loyer, and TKR. Can Harris take the starting spot? Can Cox shoot his way into big minutes?

Finally I am sure everyone is excited to see the sophomore jump from Heide and Colvin. Do they make a jump and solidify their spots in the rotation?

Overall I am just excited that the season is finally here. This team will probably take some lumps early on but I expect the team to gel come January and February and to be a tough out in big ten play.

I am most interested in who separates themselves at the five position. We have a lot of depth there but so far it’s unsure who will stand out. Does Berg take advantage of his first chance at meaningful minutes? Does Jacobson jump Berg on the depth chart? Does small ball with TKR work against a good big? Does Burgess put an end to the RS talk? Lots of questions.

I am also interested in seeing how the frosh mesh with Smith, Loyer, and TKR. Can Harris take the starting spot? Can Cox shoot his way into big minutes?

Finally I am sure everyone is excited to see the sophomore jump from Heide and Colvin. Do they make a jump and solidify their spots in the rotation?

Overall I am just excited that the season is finally here. This team will probably take some lumps early on but I expect the team to gel come January and February and to be a tough out in big ten play.
I agree!

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I am excited for all things listed.

I take these games with a grain of salt because Painter has said that he won't be running it like a normal game. He is going to do some strange lineups and use it as an experiment. Remember the Arkansas game and how our seasons went after.

I won't be surprised if we run a lineup without Smith and have Harris/Cox running the 1&2 with either Loyer/Cam/Colvin at the 3.

Should be fun - hoping some of the bootleg streaming sites carry it.....

We might still be figuring out certain things with this team, but with this complete joke of a football team; it will be nice to be competitive and relevant in a sport.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Rumor is the "starting lineup at Creighton" will be: Furst, Harris, Loyer, Smith, and TKR.
Depending on game flow, we will see both small ball and jumbo ball at some point.
Only disappointment, is that Painter says it's unlikely that everyone will play.
Will be interested to see which lineup plays the best D and rebounds well.

Rumor is the "starting lineup at Creighton" will be: Furst, Harris, Loyer, Smith, and TKR.
Depending on game flow, we will see both small ball and jumbo ball at some point.
Only disappointment, is that Painter says it's unlikely that everyone will play.
Will be interested to see which lineup plays the best D and rebounds well.
I’m hoping he gives everyone who might be in the mix a true game situation chance to maybe make a statement and separate from others besides practice time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT