ADVERTISEMENT

What I learned in the third quarter yesterday about pass coverage that our coaches can use

BoilermakerD

All-American
Apr 18, 2010
Right as analysts were praising michigans coverage on the backside. Basically turn your back and run with the wide receiver and as long as you look back for the ball, you can take your outside arm and backhand clothesline the receiver across his body for 10 yards.

Powerful tool for holt to know about

Oh, also, on a slant, two defenders can just stand in the way of the receivers route, pick the receiver and then turn and play the ball.

These are tools we can use to take pass coverage to the next level

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

48:41 - mahoungu with long covering him. So ... sweet. Look back for the ball and you can do anything with your off arm. Officials won't blink and Brady "now I'm done (lol!)" Quinn will call it textbook coverage

Right as analysts were praising michigans coverage on the backside. Basically turn your back and run with the wide receiver and as long as you look back for the ball, you can take your outside arm and backhand clothesline the receiver across his body for 10 yards.

Oh, also, on a slant, two defenders can just stand in the way of the receivers route, pick the receiver and then turn and play the ball.

This has been going on in the big ten for as long as I have been watching.

Their dbs were physical. Our wr were not. Same thing happened in the tiller years

This has been going on in the big ten for as long as I have been watching.

Their dbs were physical. Our wr were not. Same thing happened in the tiller years

We both know had mahoungo been mad and just shot his body through long he would have been called for offensive PI... or did you miss the Offensive PI that coincided with a phantom chop block earlier...?

I wish it was as simple as "be as physical as Michigan and the officials will go 'alright! Playing as physical as Michigan! That's how you do it boys.'"

We both know had mahoungo been mad and just shot his body through long he would have been called for offensive PI... or did you miss the Offensive PI that coincided with a phantom chop block earlier...?

I wish it was as simple as "be as physical as Michigan and the officials will go 'alright! Playing as physical as Michigan! That's how you do it boys.'"

It's better to fight for the ball and let the ref call an offensive pi than it is to be ridden out of the play.

Relying on refs to call it your way every time Isn't a recipe for success

Don't quite know what you mean by backhand clothesline...using your arm on the receiver without pushing off????

It's better to fight for the ball and let the ref call an offensive pi than it is to be ridden out of the play.

Relying on refs to call it your way every time Isn't a recipe for success

I'm not saying don't fight. Obviously that has to improve ... but I'm sure the officials would be happy to oblige and call an offensive PI

Don't rely on the ref to bail you out. Make a play
In D's defense there was a play where the Purdue receiver did push back and he got called for offensive PI. It was shortly after the non call PI on Michigan in the second quarter IIRC.

Not meaning to hijack the thread but you have the link to the video.

At 1:09 there is a play where Wright gets nailed in the head. Should that be a personal foul or targeting? It looks like the defensive player aims for his head.

Thoughts?

Not meaning to hijack the thread but you have the link to the video.

At 1:09 there is a play where Wright gets nailed in the head. Should that be a personal foul or targeting? It looks like the defensive player aims for his head.

Thoughts?
Runners do not have the same protections by rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT