ADVERTISEMENT

what are we drinking tonight ?

Pretty high rye for sure. Now, is it time for the good good stuff? What that might be? Maybe something from the BTAC?
I already mowed though my Thomas H Handy bottle. Didn’t last long!

My local store just transitioned owners so I’m imagining I’ll be SOL in the future when it comes to getting the allocated stuff. My old owner used to give me pretty open access to a lot of mid level stuff. The new owner doesn’t want to play ball it seems.

• Angry
Reactions: Do Dah Day

My local store just transitioned owners so I’m imagining I’ll be SOL in the future when it comes to getting the allocated stuff. My old owner used to give me pretty open access to a lot of mid level stuff. The new owner doesn’t want to play ball it seems.
Damn, that sucks. To bad relationships couldn't pass on to the next owner.

I'm pretty lucky up here in the Fort. I usually tell people it's not just getting the stuff but trying to hide/pay for it under from my wife. I have moved on from CC transactions to cash only😉🤣

I'll probably go to an Old Fitz 19 or my VWinkle 10. Like you say though. This stuff just isn't dropped all year long. So getting additional bottles of allocated stuff can be difficult at times.

I'll probably go to an Old Fitz 19 or my VWinkle 10. Like you say though. This stuff just isn't dropped all year long. So getting additional bottles of allocated stuff can be difficult at times.
Yeah. Any OF15+ stuff I generally didn’t get but always get the sub 13 year stuff.

Used to have ORVW10 as my everyday until about 2017 when the market on this stuff went bananas. Even that’s slid to the tier my guy wouldn’t let me have.

I was a THH, Four Roses LE, EHT BP, younger old fitz, and the occasional W12 from him a year. Got his ER17 2 years ago when I promised to buy all my pool beer for the year from him. Best thing I ever did! Sad to see him retire.

Bought 3 cases of a tequila pick he couldn’t sell but I liked and he sold me a case of Wrller full proof at retail when he got his last barrel. Relationships like that are irreplaceable!

This new guy. Asked me to pay $600 for his last bottle of Handy. Told him I’m not coming back!

I have one I’d be glad to sell him! lol. Not an OF guy
That's why I love hearing people discuss their palette vs attraction.

It might not be for everyone but i always fill my barrel with either an overholt rye or a wild turkey 101. I love it for an everyday sipper.

That's why I love hearing people discuss their palette vs attraction.

It might not be for everyone but i always fill my barrel with either an overholt rye or a wild turkey 101. I love it for an everyday sipper.
I’ll pretty much drink any rye. Not a wild turkey fan but wish I was. Have a cool Jimmy Russell story that’s not just a cool bourbon moment but a cool life moment too. Got to pick a barrell from his Nelson rick house with him and a buddy. Crazy time.

• Love
Reactions: Poprudy
Yeah. Any OF15+ stuff I generally didn’t get but always get the sub 13 year stuff.

Used to have ORVW10 as my everyday until about 2017 when the market on this stuff went bananas. Even that’s slid to the tier my guy wouldn’t let me have.

I was a THH, Four Roses LE, EHT BP, younger old fitz, and the occasional W12 from him a year. Got his ER17 2 years ago when I promised to buy all my pool beer for the year from him. Best thing I ever did! Sad to see him retire.

Bought 3 cases of a tequila pick he couldn’t sell but I liked and he sold me a case of Wrller full proof at retail when he got his last barrel. Relationships like that are irreplaceable!

This new guy. Asked me to pay $600 for his last bottle of Handy. Told him I’m not coming back!
Yep, I love these guys that continue price gouging the regular day-to-day customer. They don't even realize the loss of sales from that one bottle that'll collect dust.

Reactions: pboiler18
I’ll pretty much drink any rye. Not a wild turkey fan but wish I was. Have a cool Jimmy Russell story that’s not just a cool bourbon moment but a cool life moment too. Got to pick a barrell from his Nelson rick house with him and a buddy. Crazy time.
That's awesome!

Kind of a bourbon story. My uncle down in Naples was playing tennis and his tennis partner is Scott Turow's wife. They won their co-ed clubhouse championship and afterwards got to share a Pappy 15, shared some stories and he signed a book for me.

Reactions: pboiler18

Also, logistics is nuts on how and where stuff is allocated.

I was in Mexico in May and met a retired NY state maximum prison lieutenant and he was telling me in Syracuse BT and ER are never seen in the wild . We developed a relationship and I was able to send him a few bottles... shhhh don't tell. 😂

Damn, that sucks. To bad relationships couldn't pass on to the next owner.

I'm pretty lucky up here in the Fort. I usually tell people it's not just getting the stuff but trying to hide/pay for it under from my wife. I have moved on from CC transactions to cash only😉🤣
Yeah, me too ... I have an owner with, I swear, a 600 sq foot store that gets the good stuff ... people drive hours to his store. It's really unbelievable. I live 3 miles away and we chew the fat at breakfast at the local cash-only place.

22d6afed-4f87-403e-94fb-f13949d82ee7_text.gif

I want to be wearing T-Pain's outfit next weekend in Phoenix... shades, top hat and all!

I abstained from alcohol over lent , so the frosty 20 oz Budweiser I’m celebrating our Final Four with is WONDERFUL.

…”you can take the boy out of St. Louis, but…”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT