ADVERTISEMENT

Well I was wrong about one thing

Plummer is definitely better than Card. I'm not sure it's close.
And Plummer isn’t good. Says a lot. I’d be up for Card to transfer out and chase a bowl and payday and us start over at QB. Not sure I can watch another year of him here.

Plummer is definitely better than Card. I'm not sure it's close.

The difference between Plummer and Card is that Plummer actually has some weapons to throw to.

None of the receivers on this team can get separation, nor can they catch the ball.

ARY - 5 targets - 1 catch (2 home run balls dropped)
Burks - 9 targets - 4 catches
Sheffield - 9 targets - 6 catches

The only guy on the team that reliably caught anything was Garrett Miller. He was 8 for 8.

Give Card a weapon like Thrash and you'll see the difference...

I dont know. Burks, Shef, Miller, and Mock are pretty good weapons. I didn't see the last game so I'm not sure if Burks dropped any, but he's had some spectacular catches this year.

Very surprising Yaseen had the drops as he's usually very reliable. But thats Purdue football, correct a few things, then new problems pop up.

The difference between Plummer and Card is that Plummer actually has some weapons to throw to.

None of the receivers on this team can get separation, nor can they catch the ball.

The only guy on the team that reliably caught anything was Garrett Miller. He was 8 for 8.

Yeh, our WRs don’t get a lot of separation. Would be interesting to see their 40 times. Burks is supposed to be fast but even on the go routes, he’s not that open most of the time. Might be a coaching/route running issue also. David Bell wasn’t a burner but got open.

Reactions: purduepat1969

My biggest fear going into the game was our receivers getting separation......and on most occasions they didn't...

Reactions: purduepat1969
Yeh, our WRs don’t get a lot of separation. Would be interesting to see their 40 times. Burks is supposed to be fast but even on the go routes, he’s not that open most of the time. Might be a coaching/route running issue also. David Bell wasn’t a burner but got open.

Taylor Stubblefield was probably slower than any of our current receivers. A race between Taylor and Anthony Chambers would determine the slowest WR Purdue ever had. That is why I would love to see Taylor as our receiver coach. He knew how to get the most out of what he had.

Burks was open on the PI play early, underthrown, could have been a TD. A TD was missed long on another play where the receiver had separation. Both INTs were poor, inaccurate throws. Several of the sacks were unnecessary because of again poor decision making.

I'm sorry but this is at least as much on the QB as the receivers.

The problem is he has no protection and the coach is giving him a horrible awful bad game plan.
There were a few times he had many seconds of pass protection and still held it too long.
He's not been bad for a first year guy, but certainly nothing to write home about.

Reactions: Beorik
This is not about the protection from the o line or receivers lack of separation. Card was just bad. Both interceptions were just horrendous. The play they overturned Burks is out because the QB threw the ball 3 yards out of bounds. He hit a defender in the back under throwing Sheffield by 5 yards on a big 3rd down. The last 4th down, Burks is open for an easy conversion but has to lay out for it. He stands back there for 5 seconds then tries to scramble and takes terrible sacks and or leads to holding calls.

We are 5 games in and he’s got 6 TD, 5 INT and a couple fumbles. He just isn’t very good.

This is not about the protection from the o line or receivers lack of separation. Card was just bad. Both interceptions were just horrendous. The play they overturned Burks is out because the QB threw the ball 3 yards out of bounds. He hit a defender in the back under throwing Sheffield by 5 yards on a big 3rd down. The last 4th down, Burks is open for an easy conversion but has to lay out for it. He stands back there for 5 seconds then tries to scramble and takes terrible sacks and or leads to holding calls.

We are 5 games in and he’s got 6 TD, 5 INT and a couple fumbles. He just isn’t very good.
Ouch. Glad I didn't watch this one.

He's missing the clutch gene for sure, but then again not a lot of guys have it.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

I think you are right.Hopefully he will improve as the season goes on.I just dont think he will be benched now.

6 games in

Reactions: pboiler18
I think you are right.Hopefully he will improve as the season goes on.I just dont think he will be benched now.
Agreed and I hope both he and our play calling improves. But he should have been benched last game. Not for good, but about 3 boneheaded plays for most coaches is enough to get you pulled that game.

Reactions: ChuckJr
The problem is he has no protection and the coach is giving him a horrible awful bad game plan.
Agreed. Purdue is lacking in coaching and schemes on both sides of the ball. Card has very few options when options 1&2 are not there. The defense seems to be playing better but is getting beat up front in the run game. When you can't stop the run and you give up big plays in the passing game, that spells doom...

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
quit talking to yourself in my thread lol

BTW I used to live on 886 W in Bippus. Good times.

Not to mention him tossing it just anywhere when going to the ground. Just throw it away. Not sure I have seen him just throw it away all year. He needs to stop losing yards and just losing the down. Terrible decision making.

Agreed. Purdue is lacking in coaching and schemes on both sides of the ball. Card has very few options when options 1&2 are not there. The defense seems to be playing better but is getting beat up front in the run game. When you can't stop the run and you give up big plays in the passing game, that spells doom...
Our defense has been playing pretty good since the 2nd half of the Wisconsin game. They are the only reason we haven't been losing by 30 each game.

Our defense has been playing pretty good since the 2nd half of the Wisconsin game. They are the only reason we haven't been losing by 30 each game.
well, it looks like I was wrong about Macias, I thought he looked like a good young kicker, but has missed 3 easy FG's lately.

Very bad decision to kick it there. This is guy is in way over his head. Does he have a mentor he can call and get some guidance?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT