ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Zach

You can't teach 7'3 I have researched him some what . Just wait till people hear he probably wont start for his hs team IMG academy they have a 7'1 kid who is committed to Duke also 6'11 , 6'10 and 6'10 the team is ranked either # 1 or # 2 in the U.S . Some cool looking video out there of him playing baseball . I like this pick up especially considering he has only been playing for a few years . Probably will end up ranked higher that Haarms . I also like the fact he will have plenty of skilled big men to battle with in practice .

You can't teach 7'3 I have researched him some what . Just wait till people hear he probably wont start for his hs team IMG academy they have a 7'1 kid who is committed to Duke also 6'11 , 6'10 and 6'10 the team is ranked either # 1 or # 2 in the U.S . Some cool looking video out there of him playing baseball . I like this pick up especially considering he has only been playing for a few years . Probably will end up ranked higher that Haarms . I also like the fact he will have plenty of skilled big men to battle with in practice .
The skilled big men to practice against was my thought! Priceless and rare.

Project or not I think history shows us that CMP is very good at helping most guys reach their potential.

except for Patrick Bade, Kelsey Barlow, Anthony Johnson, Sandi Marcius... just to name a few off the top of my head.

I like edey and I like the move of reaching out now rather than trying to bank the scholarship and hoping we can land one of the big men in 2021. At worst, he could redshirt, gain a year of experience at purdue under Painter and probably be just as good as Furst or Chet.

Reactions: milkdude
I like edey and I like the move of reaching out now rather than trying to bank the scholarship and hoping we can land one of the big men in 2021. At worst, he could redshirt, gain a year of experience at purdue under Painter and probably be just as good as Furst or Chet.
Good lord that last comment. Please edit so you don't look like a complete idiot.

Chet is pretty good. his highlight reels are fantastic. but what are the odds of him coming to Purdue ? about the same as Dickinson's? I forgot, where did he end up anyway?

Call me crazy or an idiot if you want, but I'm not sold on Chet. he looks too thin. and I'm not sold on the competition Minnesota high school basketball offers.

Chet looks great in his highlight reals, but who doesn't?

Like i said, I'd rather have Edey for a year than banking the scholarship and hoping for Chet the following year. And if Furst's natural position is the 5 verses the 4, my desire for him is not as great as it once was. I really want to add two complementary wings in the 2021 class. And I really want one of those wings to be a 6'8 scoring machine to play the 3 rather than using all of these shooting guards in that position.

Chet is a great player and will be a great player for some team.

But I believe you underestimate the ability of Purdue to develop big men. A given is Edey is raw and rather new to the game. I am a firm believer that Edey with one year at Purdue could be as good as Furst and Chet coming out of high school in 2021. if you doubt my beliefs, then you also doubt painter's ability to develop big men. You've all witnessed how great painter is at developing big men. Is it crazy to believe that in one year he could develop Edey to be as good as Furst or Chet?

I'm doubling down on Painter's ability and me being crazy. I'm not sure you want to bet against me.

Reactions: DAG10
Is it crazy to believe that in one year he could develop Edey to be as good as Furst or Chet?
Yes that's crazy. It's crazy that you're even putting Furst in with Chet. Chet could go to the NBA out of high school.

Edey will be a really good player in time which is why Purdue is a good fit for him. They have a good group of bigs that he can come in and work with while he redshirts. Then by his redshirt sophmore year he'll be able to contribute with a senior Duwuona and anyone they get in the 21/22 classes.

Zach is 7'3" 280-290 lbs.

He has been playing basketball for only a few years and already looks like this. I don't see how anyone can't at least be cautiously excited to see what 2 or 3 more years under Coach MP will do for a guy with size you can't teach.

Welcome to Boiler Nation Zach, Boiler Up!

Some of those players were given every opportunity, but chose not to listen. Ronnie Johnson is another who comes to mind. A coach can do his best teaching, but if a kid won't accept it...

Have any of you "Experts" taken time to look up the word attitude? Barlow was a "druggie" Anthony Johnson and Ronnie Johnson were a little shy on attitude and the understanding of the word "team." Bade was a football player and did not have the skill nor the work ethic to get better and Marcius played about as well as he could play!!! I love reading all the comments here on this site, but I really wonder just how many of you ever EVER were on the road and watched supposed recruits!!!

except for Patrick Bade, Kelsey Barlow, Anthony Johnson, Sandi Marcius... just to name a few off the top of my head.
I would have to say Bade and Marcius were depth players and had probably actually did meet their potential. By reading Barlow's book he wrote, there was no helping him. Johnson is the only one I agree that didn't live up to his billing.

I can’t wait for a big man matchup against Dickinson if he ends up at Michigan or ND. I am surprised it is taking this long for him to announce. Maybe he is waiting for Duke to see if they sign another big man (conditional offer)? Dickinson has the higher ranking now but let’s see what happens a couple years down the road after Edey gets more experience and development.

Reactions: Boilermb
I would have to say Bade and Marcius were depth players and had probably actually did meet their potential. By reading Barlow's book he wrote, there was no helping him. Johnson is the only one I agree that didn't live up to his billing.

Patrick Bade did nothing but commit fouls in his time as a Boiler and then joined the football team to get away from the embarrassment that was his basketball career. He either didn’t meet his potential or Painter made a huge mistake in giving him a scholarship in the first place.

Have any of you "Experts" taken time to look up the word attitude? Barlow was a "druggie" Anthony Johnson and Ronnie Johnson were a little shy on attitude and the understanding of the word "team." Bade was a football player and did not have the skill nor the work ethic to get better and Marcius played about as well as he could play!!! I love reading all the comments here on this site, but I really wonder just how many of you ever EVER were on the road and watched supposed recruits!!!

Then what did Painter see in them?

So we get to throw out the list of players that were talented but didn’t reach their potential because they are head cases?
He made a mistake in calling Barlow very talented. He was a very good athlete that was ahead of his skill or talent. Always liked him, but wish he would have came closer to his potential

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Matt Ten Dam might have been the only player in Purdue history more confused on a basketball floor than Patrick Bade...

Ten dam was the worst player I have ever seen. Only 7 footer that couldn’t dunk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT