ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Mr. Strickland!

Matt is no slouch for sure. I didn't think he would beat Joey Beltran. I was at ring side when my buddy fought Joey in Newkirk.

Funny you said Beltran. My buddy lost to him in Newkirk, Oklahoma in Bellator.
I hung out with Joey after the fight for a few minutes at Matt’s after party. He stopped by real quick.

I follow Cathedral closely. Definitely has the size and measurables that make your head turn. Need to see him produce on the field though first, played limited snaps as a sophomore last year. Believe he showed out well in numerous camps and P5 offers started coming in. I know IU and Iowa have offered and believe Purdue has as well.
I watched Cathedral a bunch when Stepp was there. Crazy he is now at Nebraska, and hurt again…

Welcome aboard! This one feels really good. I feel like we got the two Indiana players we were in reasonable position to get in Brady and Strickland. Cooper is next highest ranked but we are so deep at WR that one does not really hurt and the next guy is another QB and we got our guy in Brady. Popeye Jones would have been nice but we got the better DL in Strickland.

Reactions: Sophie1970
Welcome aboard! This one feels really good. I feel like we got the two Indiana players we were in reasonable position to get in Brady and Strickland. Cooper is next highest ranked but we are so deep at WR that one does not really hurt and the next guy is another QB and we got our guy in Brady. Popeye Jones would have been nice but we got the better DL in Strickland.
You in Nashville?

I watched Cathedral a bunch when Stepp was there. Crazy he is now at Nebraska, and hurt again…
I was teammates and friends with his dad when we younger. He was a machine at Luers and never injured. Seems odd his son is so fragile.

Where at?
I was his teammate & sparring partner starting with his Kimbo fight then Beltran fight in Indy, all the way up a couple years ago when I stopped competing.
Damn, you must be a pretty big guy yourself. Mitrione was a beast in the ufc. Put some huge men to sleep.

Where at?
I was his teammate & sparring partner starting with his Kimbo fight then Beltran fight in Indy, all the way up a couple years ago when I stopped competing.
it was all football-focused, couple different gyms and facilities around Carmel/Westfield area. This was back when he was working on that supplement company, before ever getting into MMA as far as I know.

Damn, you must be a pretty big guy yourself. Mitrione was a beast in the ufc. Put some huge men to sleep.
Not really. I walk around about 205 & fought at 185. I was just very aggressive, lots of cardio & a high level ground game. So it was a different approach for him to train with. Heck, Lytle is a weight class below me & sparred with Matt every day too. Then Holbrook was a 155er & trained with him. We all sparred & grappled each other.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
He’ll probably flip after you go 3-9

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT