ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Broc Thompson!

Jan 10, 2007
Welcome home! Glad to have you! The Ben Davis WR is transferring from Marshall with 3 years of eligibility and will be joining a deep and talented WR corps (currently have 11 other scholarship WRs). Lambert was the DC at Marshall. 6-3, 181 out of high school. Assume he will be an Outside WR (not that we necessarily play a standard 3 WR set).

Welcome home! Glad to have you! The Ben Davis WR is transferring from Marshall with 3 years of eligibility and will be joining a deep and talented WR corps (currently have 11 other scholarship WRs). Lambert was the DC at Marshall. 6-3, 181 out of high school. Assume he will be an Outside WR (not that we necessarily play a standard 3 WR set).
Can he play safety ?

Safety at times was a big issue. Opposing team's tight ends ran free and coverage was soft. Yes, Diaco was the big issue. But some players weren't great.
Soft coverage was how he called the defense. That and we couldn’t get pressure with three man rushes (not a knock on the line)

Of course he COULD but I’m looking at his stats and I see 0 career TDs, no 100+ yard games, and max of 5 catches in a fame.

It could be a big addition, however just remember he was only a sophomore last season and broke his leg in the fourth game of season. He doesn’t need to be a star, however should be similar to Anderson.

Bend don’t break defense brought to you by diaco.
Our defense and coverage have been soft under both Holt and Diaco. We've been bend but don't break for years. Although the Diaco hire was a monumental failure, I can't blame him for everything that happened with the D the past two years.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Our defense and coverage have been soft under both Holt and Diaco. We've been bend but don't break for years. Although the Diaco hire was a monumental failure, I can't blame him for everything that happened with the D the past two years.
Our defense was great against Ohio State three years ago when we played aggressive. The potential is there and the fundamentals when we are aggressive which was a priority with Brohm with the change in personnel.

Purdue was 67th in points allowed per game average and 73rd in points per game scored for last season. Both sides of the ball need to be improved.
Part of the issue with the offense was fewer possessions, because the defense couldn’t get off the field.

Reactions: Purdue80
Part of the issue with the offense was fewer possessions, because the defense couldn’t get off the field.

to me the principle issue.. and mind you.. I like both O’Connell and Plummer .. is that we haven’t had a QB both as quick on his feet and as fluid as blough since blough.

O’Connell can’t move and Plummer hasn’t made the quickest decisions and hasn’t gotten the ball out as quickly as he should.

here is hoping the game slows down for Plummer or that O’Connell is doing plyometrics 24/7

to me the principle issue.. and mind you.. I like both O’Connell and Plummer .. is that we haven’t had a QB both as quick on his feet and as fluid as blough since blough.

O’Connell can’t move and Plummer hasn’t made the quickest decisions and hasn’t gotten the ball out as quickly as he should.

here is hoping the game slows down for Plummer or that O’Connell is doing plyometrics 24/7
Agreed.

Sindelar did well in the system and couldn’t move. We have the speed in Burton yet our coaches have decided he is not the solution.

Sindelar did well in the system and couldn’t move. We have the speed in Burton yet our coaches have decided he is not the solution.

sindelar had a rocket arm and was what? 6’4”? I think if O’Connell had that he’d be fine .. to be fair he already has done well

Does this transfer imply something different about our talent and depth at WR than what many of us believe? I suppose this is the Maliq replacement but didn’t think another outside receiver was a priority. Slot, maybe. Running back, yes.

Does this transfer imply something different about our talent and depth at WR than what many of us believe? I suppose this is the Maliq replacement but didn’t think another outside receiver was a priority. Slot, maybe. Running back, yes.
Maybe indicates something about yaseen’s recovery from his knee injury.

probably a depth play. Rice is unproven. Yaseen is unproven. Sullivan is unproven.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Too much over-thinking on this kid.

He's a very good addition for depth. It doesn't mean we suddenly suck at WR. It doesn't mean the other players aren't panning out. It doesn't mean we should push the panic button. He's a good addition who fell in our lap.

Let him show what he can do on the field. Any other conversation/analysis is pointless.

EDIT: Can you imagine the teeth-gnashing that would have occurred when Seth Morales left Butler for Purdue, if at that time we had all the transfer info we have today ... along with all the people today who live to push panic buttons? :cool:

The main problem has been, when you can't generate a consistent pass rush, and your DBs are overly talented, you have to play a soft zone because the QB isn't being pressured and the DBs can't play man. So, you give up the underneath but try to prevent the big play. That's bend don't break for ya.

he had a nice outside the game story. Didn't his brother have cancer, but recovered from it? and he's transferring to purdue, not to become a big star , but rather to be closer to home and help out his family situation and his brother's recovery.

Maybe indicates something about yaseen’s recovery from his knee injury.

probably a depth play. Rice is unproven. Yaseen is unproven. Sullivan is unproven.
hey Nat, how bad was Yaseen's injury and in what game did it occur?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT