ADVERTISEMENT

Weaver and Gibson

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Weaver and Gibson announced in the last 24 hrs that we made their top 6 for Weaver and top 7 for Gibson. They would both be great gets. I hope we get both, but I think we have a better chance with Weaver than Gibson. With Florida and Georgia recently offering Gibson, it is going to be a bigger fight for him now.

Please explain what your saying, sorry.
Schools offer players and place contingencies on what will need to take place before they will accept a commitment. It can be contingent on grades or on whether or not a Plan A guy accepts the offer.

Schools offer players and place contingencies on what will need to take place before they will accept a commitment. It can be contingent on grades or on whether or not a Plan A guy accepts the offer.
Okay, I understand. But do they actually put the contingency on the offer, or not?

Yes. They won’t accept a commitment unless the contingent event happens
I'm not sure the recruits even know 100% about the contingencies. Most of the communication with recruits is geared toward selling the program. Until they call and say "coach I'm ready to commit" they don't see much resembling a yellow flag. This is essentially what happened with Sheffield. He went to claim his Notre Dame offer by calling up the receivers coach who told him welcome aboard. So Sheffield went public with it, but upon further review Kelly said no we won't be needing you after all.

This was talked about back during the Sheffield/Notre Dame fiasco. There was a miscommunication there about a contingency in TJ's offer. He accepted and then they had to pull the offer and they came off looking shitty.

I'm sure we put contingencies on offers too, just maybe not to the degree that the blue chip programs do. It also depends on how many kids get offers from a school.

I don't know their profiles that well, but would it be possible that Weaver and Gibson have contingencies from Purdue as well? Sort of an either or, but not both? We do have to get a couple more bodies on the offensive side of the ball with Mauney de-committing.

This was talked about back during the Sheffield/Notre Dame fiasco. There was a miscommunication there about a contingency in TJ's offer. He accepted and then they had to pull the offer and they came off looking shitty.

I'm sure we put contingencies on offers too, just maybe not to the degree that the blue chip programs do. It also depends on how many kids get offers from a school.

I don't know their profiles that well, but would it be possible that Weaver and Gibson have contingencies from Purdue as well? Sort of an either or, but not both? We do have to get a couple more bodies on the offensive side of the ball with Mauney de-committing.
No. They don’t play the same position. We’ll take both of them if we still have room when they decide.

I'm not sure the recruits even know 100% about the contingencies. Most of the communication with recruits is geared toward selling the program. Until they call and say "coach I'm ready to commit" they don't see much resembling a yellow flag. This is essentially what happened with Sheffield. He went to claim his Notre Dame offer by calling up the receivers coach who told him welcome aboard. So Sheffield went public with it, but upon further review Kelly said no we won't be needing you after all.
This is why I asked the question about Gibson's contingency offers from Georgia and Florida. Do we really know that both of these offers are contingency offers, or is that just a conjecture? And if they are contigency offers, does Gibson even know that?

This is why I asked the question about Gibson's contingency offers from Georgia and Florida. Do we really know that both of these offers are contingency offers, or is that just a conjecture? And if they are contigency offers, does Gibson even know that?
I doubt anyone here has such inside info, but people look at trends. UGa and UF haven't accepted many 3-star commits at this point in the 2019 class.

I doubt anyone here has such inside info, but people look at trends. UGa and UF haven't accepted many 3-star commits at this point in the 2019 class.
Okay, I can see that with UGa, who currently has committments from 2 5*'s, 15 4*'s and only 1 3*. But Weaver is already a 4*. But really, I get your point, thank you.

Considering he didnt tweet out the official offers like he did for other schools, i am comfortable saying they were contingent.

Considering he didnt tweet out the official offers like he did for other schools, i am comfortable saying they were contingent.
Okay, I agree with that. My point with this is that, if I were a recruit, I would have to consider the contingency offers as a negative, when compared to other offers. Assuming that Purdue's offer was not contingent; that would have to be a big advantage, for us.

Okay, I agree with that. My point with this is that, if I were a recruit, I would have to consider the contingency offers as a negative, when compared to other offers. Assuming that Purdue's offer was not contingent; that would have to be a big advantage, for us.
Depends on the player. UF and UGA are elite programs. If you were wait listed by Harvard, wouldnt you wait?

Reactions: ChuckJr
Well, if the offers from UGA and UF and/or Miami aren't commit-able, then that bodes well for us

Weaver and Gibson announced in the last 24 hrs that we made their top 6 for Weaver and top 7 for Gibson. They would both be great gets. I hope we get both, but I think we have a better chance with Weaver than Gibson. With Florida and Georgia recently offering Gibson, it is going to be a bigger fight for him now.
Regardless of the UGA and UF offers, Gibson is a long shot for Purdue.

Reactions: pboiler18
Have you read that somewhere? And if so can you post the link?
I have, but it's premium information and I'm not sure I can or should link it. I don't think Purdue is out of it, only that they're not toward the front of the line.

Weaver and Gibson ... hard to mention them in the same breath, but I'll pay to see anyone who pitches for the Cardinals.

JJ Weaver is gonna be a Monster, listed at 6’5”-235, chiseled already at 17-18 years old. I really believe JJ will be a Great Boiler, along with George K, gonna be fun!

Wisconsin probably
Kern County claimed Purdue was "not toward the front of the line". That implies multiple other schools are ahead of us. Wisky might be ahead of us but I doubt multiple other schools are ahead of us. In fact, we may be tied with Wisky right now.

Wisconsin and one other school are ahead of Purdue. Things can change, but there would have to be a big shift for him to be a Boiler.
What one other school? Florida? Georgia? It's not KY jelly. It's definitely not IU. It's not MSU. It's not Minnesota. It appears that the Florida and Georgia offers are contingent, meaning not actionable right now. I'm beginning to think you're just making this up.

What one other school? Florida? Georgia? It's not KY jelly. It's definitely not IU. It's not MSU. It's not Minnesota. It appears that the Florida and Georgia offers are contingent, meaning not actionable right now. I'm beginning to think you're just making this up.
Believing UGA and UF are "contingent" would be wishful, at best, and the textbook definition of "making this up".

IU fans don't play 'Fantasy Football', they play 'FAIRY TALE Football'...

'Fractured Fairy Tale Football'
at that.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT