ADVERTISEMENT

Walters

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
As I stated in an earlier thread I was underwhelmed by the selection but would wait until at least he names his OC and DC and see what they and other Football staff he hires bring to Purdue!

Last edited:
I think it’s wise to be skeptical of any hire, particularly of one who has never led a program. There is no sure thing when hiring a coach, even a "name" coach.

Let's see what Walters has to say when he is introduced. Brohm won his first press conference six years ago. I think it's safe to say Walters won his first meeting with the players.

I think it’s wise to be skeptical of any hire, particularly of one who has never led a program. There is no sure thing when hiring a coach, even a "name" coach.

Let's see what Walters has to say when he is introduced. Brohm won his first press conference six years ago. I think it's safe to say Walters won his first meeting with the players.
I can understand why Purdue fans might not be altogether happy with Ryan’s hire. However, Illini fans are sad to see him go.
He’s young, has a brilliant defensive mind and is an excellent communicator. I cannot imagine he won’t win his initial press conference. To say he’s an impressive guy would be an understatement. Obviously his success/failure will be determined by who he hires on the offensive side of the ball but give him a chance. I think Purdue fans will come around after a short while.

From a buddy who has a friend connected to the Illini program:

"great recruiter, made Illinois relevant in his 2 years there, player relatable, knows his X's and O's.

And just maybe he may bring a few players with him that liked playing for the guy! Probably some of his players might enjoy playing in front of fans that actually show up for games! Saw maybe 2 or 3 games of IL.....smaller stadium that always appeared to be only 75% full! Pathetic!

Reactions: Tommaker
I can understand why Purdue fans might not be altogether happy with Ryan’s hire. However, Illini fans are sad to see him go.
He’s young, has a brilliant defensive mind and is an excellent communicator. I cannot imagine he won’t win his initial press conference. To say he’s an impressive guy would be an understatement. Obviously his success/failure will be determined by who he hires on the offensive side of the ball but give him a chance. I think Purdue fans will come around after a short while.
I hope Walters leaves your offensive staff intact.

And just maybe he may bring a few players with him that liked playing for the guy! Probably some of his players might enjoy playing in front of fans that actually show up for games! Saw maybe 2 or 3 games of IL.....smaller stadium that always appeared to be only 75% full! Pathetic!
Hard to blame the fans…I wouldn’t burn an entire Saturday to watch BielemaBall either.

Reactions: purduepat1969
So far what I've seen and heard about him, I've been impressed although I had to wonder who he was when he was hired. I can't understand all the gloom and doom, give him a chance and hopefully he will more than succeed and take us to the next level. The press conference today should be interesting.

While all the right things were said at yesterday’s presser until the names of the OC and DC are announced I will remain silent on the hire! Could be they are coaching in upcoming bowl games or are still negotiating!

USA Today rated the hiring as a B/B-. It also revealed Walters was in line for the Colorado head coaching job before Prime Time entered the picture!

i noticed that was from the indy star and they did not post one single negative twitter comment. talk about a slanted and less than objective post.
Kids got alot of connections. The fact that he hangs out with Bienemy and discusses offenses and defenses is pretty cool. Should be interesting to hear who he is looking at for an OC.

He can also assist in recruiting.
Yes, agreed. Boise State fired their offensive coordinator a few games into this season and brought in Dirk Koetter for the rest of the year. It actually worked out pretty well. Mr. Brees, with his game wisdom, and his competitive personality may turn out to lead to something more. I'm just thinking out loud.

Go Boilers!

Last edited:
With the new head coach and the naming of the new OC this is beginning to look like a Win Win situation for both Purdue and Louisville. I'll be forever grateful for Brohm turning the program around and bringing us to this point, and the Purdue future now beckons brightly!

I'd take their running backs coach, Cory Patterson. He coached up Chase Brown and he has recruiting ties in St Louis which produces some good football players. Everyone else on the offensive side can stay there.
their one Rb Josh McCray ran all over us last year. He's 6'1 235, would be a nice complement to Mock. Played only 3 games this year musy have been hurt

Reactions: Travisty13
their one Rb Josh McCray ran all over us last year. He's 6'1 235, would be a nice complement to Mock. Played only 3 games this year musy have been hurt
Just looked it up, you're right. Says he battled injuries all season and took a redshirt this season since he only played in 3 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT