ADVERTISEMENT

Walter's first commitment?

Jeff George and Rob Woodson. One a freshman that played and the other a senior.

Jeff George is right there with Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers as the best arm tallent of all time. Unfortunately he is right their with Leaf as one of the biggest a-holes to play QB of all time, lol.

Woodson is possibly the best player to play at Purdue, class act and in the conversation for greatest corner of all time. Big fan of Rod. I know some will come back with Brees and rightfully so, but if I had to pick one, Woodson gets the nod for me, but it is close. I knew Drew pretty well in college and was always super nice in the 2 dozen or so sports debates we had over the years, lol...so I appologize i am picking Woodson over you, but it is close.

Jeff George is right there with Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers as the best arm tallent of all time. Unfortunately he is right their with Leaf as one of the biggest a-holes to play QB of all time, lol.

Woodson is possibly the best player to play at Purdue, class act and in the conversation for greatest corner of all time. Big fan of Rod. I know some will come back with Brees and rightfully so, but if I had to pick one, Woodson gets the nod for me, but it is close. I knew Drew pretty well in college and was always super nice in the 2 dozen or so sports debates we had over the years, lol...so I appologize i am picking Woodson over you, but it is close.
George wasn’t/isn’t an a-hole. His failure in the NFL was due to his lack of leadership ability and his lifelong dislike of film study.

Reactions: Lee3370
George wasn’t/isn’t an a-hole. His failure in the NFL was due to his lack of leadership ability and his lifelong dislike of film study.

I have heard different, but honestly never met the guy and have zero interactions and have not heard first hand accounts of anyone that played with him or new him, so you could be 100% correct. Bonds for example is an athlete I have known people in baseball that know he is an a-hole...altough arguable the greatest all around player ( I take Mays and Aaron over him, but still)....do you know Jeff George or know people that do, serious question, I might have spoke out of line on him.

I have heard different, but honestly never met the guy and have zero interactions and have not heard first hand accounts of anyone that played with him or new him, so you could be 100% correct. Bonds for example is an athlete I have known people in baseball that know he is an a-hole...altough arguable the greatest all around player ( I take Mays and Aaron over him, but still)....do you know Jeff George or know people that do, serious question, I might have spoke out of line on him.
Have a client who played ball with him at Warren.

My coworker’s son played on his AAU basketball team.

Both said he is a nice, humble guy.

Was never a rah-rah/type A, Brady/Brees/Manning guy.

Also he kept to himself. Practice was over, he went home. Didn’t go have drinks with teammates or whatever. Total introvert but he got perceived as being aloof by many.

And he didn’t study film much.

Reactions: Lee3370
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT