ADVERTISEMENT

Walters’ future

Mollenkopf, Tiller, and Young were better than Brohm by every metric other than playing in a BT championship game that was not played at the time they coached. Brohm's record was 36-34 .514. Purdue's over all record is .516. Mollenkopf .670, Jim Young .667, Tiller .583. We were awful before Walters got here ie. the bowl game that wasn't. Unfortunately Walters hasn't made it any better.
Idiots try to excuse this coach for horrid starts but won’t excuse Brohm for the Covid year or 2019 where we had a ton of injuries. Outside of that he had a much better record AND after taking over from the Hazell dumpster fire.

It’s incredibly funny when they try and trash Brohm to defend the awful job Walters has done.

The team was fun to watch when he was the coach - and it did make it to the btn championship game one year.
In a division that Joe tiller would have won going away. You know what you’re never gonna hear about Jim young? “Oh yeah, you know Dedrick Mackey and Kenneth major would have started for him.”

You have to go back 60 years to find 3 guys who YOU think are better. Issue is his last 2 years were basically top 5 results wise the program has ever had.

I hate Walters because he’s been awful from the jump. 30 minutes of good offensive football in a loss does not redeem 1-5 and how awful we’ve been since the day he got here.
Wait, so you’re saying I think Jim young, Joe tiller and Jack mollenkopf are better but I’m wrong?

Two of the previous 6 coaches before brohm were significantly better. Kelly butler and Mike Hawthorne would have looked like Jon Ogden and rod woodson in a brohm practice

Wait, so you’re saying I think Jim young, Joe tiller and Jack mollenkopf are better but I’m wrong?

Two of the previous 6 coaches before brohm were significantly better. Kelly butler and Mike Hawthorne would have looked like Jon Ogden and rod woodson in a brohm practice
Young wasn’t better than Brohm.

Idiots try to excuse this coach for horrid starts but won’t excuse Brohm for the Covid year or 2019 where we had a ton of injuries. Outside of that he had a much better record AND after taking over from the Hazell dumpster fire.

It’s incredibly funny when they try and trash Brohm to defend the awful job Walters has done.
No. Walters has proven to be awful. And everything he said is still true. Walters sucks and brohm is an average coach who couldn’t hold Joe tillers clipboard and ice cup

Reactions: WarrenCoBoiler
In a division that Joe tiller would have won going away. You know what you’re never gonna hear about Jim young? “Oh yeah, you know Dedrick Mackey and Kenneth major would have started for him.”
Don't follow your last sentence but the early Joe Tiller would have won the West by several games.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
no one was/is worshipping Brohm.

Those of us who knew what we were looking at were pushing back against the Walters apologists blaming Brohm for horrible football.
As long as .. once someone acknowledges that Walters has been awful, you aren’t still sitting there acting like Jeff brohm is Lloyd Carr or Jim tressel, that’s all good by me

Don't follow your last sentence but the early Joe Tiller would have won the West by several games.
YOU understand this. Not everyone does. Acting like the brohm era was this great high point shows how far the program fell from the days of tiller pleading with Burke for a greater commitment

Excepting Tiller, a more accurate way to say that is that you have to go back to the early 80s and the 60s to find a Purdue coach that was as good or better than Brohm - and Brohm was better than Joe was in his final few years.

YOU understand this. Not everyone does. Acting like the brohm era was this great high point shows how far the program fell from the days of tiller pleading with Burke for a greater commitment
2021 and 2022. Top 10 seasons in our history. Correct? In a 100+ year history of college football at Purdue. So why would the coach not get credit? Especially coming off of about 10 years of futility?

and there it is. Dude just tell me you’re a guy who grew up in Louisville and started following Purdue in 2017.

@New Pal Boiler thats my point.. there are people who don’t like Walters or thing he’s good. And then there are people who think that because they think Jeff brohm is bo schembechler
Bo was overrated.

Michigan, OSU and just about every school has had its share of mediocre or even bad coaches. Purdue has just had more than its share.

Reactions: Bippus33
Excepting Tiller, a more accurate way to say that is that you have to go back to the early 80s and the 60s to find a Purdue coach that was as good or better than Brohm - and Brohm was better than Joe was in his final few years.
Joe tiller on his worst day wasn’t better than the first FOUR years of brohm?

Man can you imagine tiller if a 5 star with Alabama and Clemson offers lived across the street?

Joe tiller on his worst day wasn’t better than the first FOUR years of brohm?

Man can you imagine tiller if a 5 star with Alabama and Clemson offers lived across the street?
You keep bringing up Brohm. We don’t.

Riveting is right though…his last 2 years were top 6-7 seasons ever for Purdue.

2021 and 2022. Top 10 seasons in our history. Correct? In a 100+ year history of college football at Purdue. So why would the coach not get credit? Especially coming off of about 10 years of futility?
Top ten? A 8-6 season with one of the easiest schedules of all time? Only 2021 deserves a place with 78-80, 97-00 and 03.

You keep bringing up Brohm. We don’t.

Riveting is right though…his last 2 years were top 6-7 seasons ever for Purdue.
You do realize that mollenkopf’s last five years takes up most of that list alone right?

You don’t think 5 of tillers teams would have rolled up and smoked Syracuse in a game Durham’s mouth lost?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT