ADVERTISEMENT

Walker

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
Question for MSU lurkers:
How did Walker end up at MSU? I see he was at Wake Forest prior and got a decent chunk of yards last year, 579 yards and 13 TD in only 7 games. But he apparently was splitting carries with Christian Beal-Smith, who is their leading rusher again this year.
Now crazy enough Wake and MSU are both 8-0 this year after being 4-5 and 2-5 last year. But it wasn't like Walker was transferring to a sure thing.

My other question is who is doing the RB recruiting and development for Wake and how much is he getting paid?

Question for MSU lurkers:
How did Walker end up at MSU? I see he was at Wake Forest prior and got a decent chunk of yards last year, 579 yards and 13 TD in only 7 games. But he apparently was splitting carries with Christian Beal-Smith, who is their leading rusher again this year.
Now crazy enough Wake and MSU are both 8-0 this year after being 4-5 and 2-5 last year. But it wasn't like Walker was transferring to a sure thing.

My other question is who is doing the RB recruiting and development for Wake and how much is he getting paid?
It's tough to say. Walker wasn't happy with WF's style of play. He didn't think it would help him get to the NFL. He entered the transfer portal. MSU was active in the tranfer portal and was able to convince him to come here. I don't have any inside information. That is what I gather from Walker's interviews and following MSU.

It's tough to say. Walker wasn't happy with WF's style of play. He didn't think it would help him get to the NFL. He entered the transfer portal. MSU was active in the tranfer portal and was able to convince him to come here. I don't have any inside information. That is what I gather from Walker's interviews and following MSU.
Well, turns out he made a pretty solid business decision.

I still think MSU is imminently beatable. But he's one of the handful of non-QBs I can think of that really made a transfer pay off.

Well, turns out he made a pretty solid business decision.

I still think MSU is imminently beatable. But he's one of the handful of non-QBs I can think of that really made a transfer pay off.
MSU is for sure beatable. They were projected to win 4.5 games. Hopefully they can continue to get better and this Cinderella season continues. But this Purdue game will be tough. It's a coin flip.

Reactions: pboiler18
MSU is for sure beatable. They were projected to win 4.5 games. Hopefully they can continue to get better and this Cinderella season continues. But this Purdue game will be tough. It's a coin flip.
Only projected to win 4.5 games. I didn't realize that. Wow!

What do the MSU fans think of the QB? Is he good enough? I've seen him play a limited amount and he was up and down.

What do the MSU fans think of the QB? Is he good enough? I've seen him play a limited amount and he was up and down.
I think he is fantastic. He got hit a few times against Nebraska and missed some throws in the second half. Other than that he has been good. It is his first year starting. He did start at the end of last year. But he will be a 3 year stater for us. He is one of our best players. Oline just has to keep him upright. TE is the biggest weakness on offense.

I think he is fantastic. He got hit a few times against Nebraska and missed some throws in the second half. Other than that he has been good. It is his first year starting. He did start at the end of last year. But he will be a 3 year stater for us. He is one of our best players. Oline just has to keep him upright. TE is the biggest weakness on offense.

He’s a winner. Doesn’t seem like he turns it over. Good stats.

Wow! I didn't realize Kenneth Walker came from Wake Forest. Remarkable that they could lose a talent like that only to rebound to a top-10 season. I guess that one worked out all around.

Reactions: indyogb

Yeah but is he as good as Rocky Lombardi?

Where was Barclay on this guy since he's a Wake grad?
Wow! I didn't realize Kenneth Walker came from Wake Forest. Remarkable that they could lose a talent like that only to rebound to a top-10 season. I guess that one worked out all around.

Reactions: pboiler18
If he left Wake because he didn't like their style he wasn't coming to Purdue's pass happy offense. Pretty satisfied that we landed James considering.
There was nothing about Michigan State last year that said go there.

Shows what the prognosticators know. MSU is having a Cinderella season. I hope the glass slipper breaks & chariot turns to a pumpkin, but I'm not planning on a Purdue win since MSU has more experience closing out close games. MSU simply finds a way to win. Some of it may be luck, but good teams find a way.
I do expect a competitive game, but WI is the template of running that Purdue has a weakness against.

Reactions: bonefish1
MSUs QB is decent. He's not great but he can make big time throws and can move a bit. Hes been a little more turnover prone in conference play.

Shows what the prognosticators know. MSU is having a Cinderella season. I hope the glass slipper breaks & chariot turns to a pumpkin, but I'm not planning on a Purdue win since MSU has more experience closing out close games. MSU simply finds a way to win. Some of it may be luck, but good teams find a way.
I do expect a competitive game, but WI is the template of running that Purdue has a weakness against.

I would tend to agree but the MSU defense isn't close to the Wisky one. The offense should move the ball fairly easily.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
You guys will pass it on us. Our defense gives up the soft coverage underneath but has rarely been beat for long explosive pass plays and then we tighten up in the red zone.

MSUs QB is decent. He's not great but he can make big time throws and can move a bit. Hes been a little more turnover prone in conference play.

He seems to make the plays that are needed - as does the defense. Purdue can't afford any big mistakes with turnovers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT