ADVERTISEMENT

Vs Wisconsin

jindy

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 17, 2007
Need to defend the home court this afternoon, especially with a tough stretch to follow. Wisconsin comes in with a winning record but has struggled against other P5 teams. Looks like they rebound pretty well but have some shooting struggles. Hopefully Purdue can have a game similar to the OSU game, but with significantly fewer turnovers (one can hope, huh?).

Reactions: DocRon
Good win - still tied for 1st! Great to see that McLaughlin and Oden shot well in same game, and turnover total relatively low (12). Going to need more bench production in upcoming games than today's 3 points but defense was solid.

At last check Ohio State was winning by double digits at Minnesota - makes Purdue's win over OSU look even better.

Reactions: TC4THREE and DocRon
Good win - still tied for 1st! Great to see that McLaughlin and Oden shot well in same game, and turnover total relatively low (12). Going to need more bench production in upcoming games than today's 3 points but defense was solid.

At last check Ohio State was winning by double digits at Minnesota - makes Purdue's win over OSU look even better.
And this win was without Whilby who was out with some type of "sickness." They played well with a lot of contributors. Harris had 4 blocks.

And yes, tOSU did squeak out a win over #24 Minnesota at their (Minnesota's) place. But so did IU at Rutgers. IU will be tough.

Meanwhile #12 Maryland got clobbered at Northwestern (unranked) who has only lost once (to #16 DePaul).

Should be a really interesting B1G season.

Last edited:
Reactions: jindy
And this win was without Whilby who was out with some type of "sickness." They played well with a lot of contributors. Harris had 4 blocks.

And yes, tOSU did squeak out a win over #24 Minnesota at their place. But so did IU at Rutgers. IU will be tough.

Meanwhile #12 Maryland got clobbered at Northwestern (unranked) who has only lost once (to #16 DePaul).

Should be a really interesting B1G season.

I hadn't noticed that Whilby wasn't listed in the box score - is she expected back soon? Noticed that Purdue was in the top 20 of RPI before these two wins - things seem to be on an upswing (knock on wood). You're right, it's shaping up to be an interesting Big Ten season and glad(and a bit surprised) to see the Boilermakers be tied for first, even if only 2 games in.

Yes we play solid D and win when we shoot. But D in paint was pathetic. Gave them oodles of layups off driving bounce passes and O rebounds. Yes looks like BT will
Be wild with a lot of parity. Like the men. And yes Indiana is good.

I hadn't noticed that Whilby wasn't listed in the box score - is she expected back soon? Noticed that Purdue was in the top 20 of RPI before these two wins - things seem to be on an upswing (knock on wood). You're right, it's shaping up to be an interesting Big Ten season and glad(and a bit surprised) to see the Boilermakers be tied for first, even if only 2 games in.
Tim Newton said they were hoping Whilby would be well enough to play some on Sunday.

Reactions: jindy
Yes we play solid D and win when we shoot. But D in paint was pathetic. Gave them oodles of layups off driving bounce passes and O rebounds. Yes looks like BT will
Be wild with a lot of parity. Like the men. And yes Indiana is good.
I agree the D in under the basket was not good but, as Versyp predicted in her show, Wisconsin's strengths are their posts. They are very talented there. Their guards... not so much.

Interesting to see Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton on Wisconsin's sidelines. The camera work on BTN+ did not show Versyp and her meet but did show that she was being embraced by several of Purdue's assistant coaches. Still have not heard the story behind why she so abruptly left. Lindsay was wonderful to watch play for the Gold & Black on the court.

Yes, hard not to believe that things didn't go south in some way with Lindsay and, if so, it was too bad. I actually saw her at an Illinois basketball game vs Purdue when she was a senior in high school and had just committed to the Boilers. She and her teammates went to that game and I saw her name on her jacket and said hi. She was really gracious. She did have a wonderful career here.

Reactions: pufan73
Yes, hard not to believe that things didn't go south in some way with Lindsay and, if so, it was too bad. I actually saw her at an Illinois basketball game vs Purdue when she was a senior in high school and had just committed to the Boilers. She and her teammates went to that game and I saw her name on her jacket and said hi. She was really gracious. She did have a wonderful career here.

LWH was and is a delightful and classy lady. Met her during her first week in campus and saw her two years ago on campus. Older but unchanged.

LWH was and is a delightful and classy lady. Met her during her first week in campus and saw her two years ago on campus. Older but unchanged.
This just a guess--no inside information. The A.D. may have told SV that she needed an assistant coach with whom he had worked who was known for her knowledge of offense and hiring her was a condition of her staying.. As a result, she had to drop one of her assistants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT