ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt v. Purdue Game Thread

Don't want to be a downer - great win tonight - but anyone else think we benefited from some shaky calls on their big men? Maybe I'm just used to being on the other side of that.

Reactions: WarBoiler44
Don't want to be a downer - great win tonight - but anyone else think we benefited from some shaky calls on their big men? Maybe I'm just used to being on the other side of that.
they are holding our guys with both arms. could almost call a foul every time down. not to mention the haas "travel"

Reactions: WarBoiler44

There were a couple bad calls against their bigs imho (which was even more of a deal since Kornet was out). But there were definitely some bad calls (or no-calls) the other way. Like when Haas got elbowed in the face and then got called for a travel! Several others as well. I don't feel bad for Vanderbilt as a team because that stuff happens to us a lot too (in this game and others). I did feel bad for Damien Jones as the bad calls I noticed were on him, and he seems like a good guy (didn't pitch a fit when called, kept playing hard despite the fact that he kept going to the bench) and good player.

Reactions: StateStreet123
I think our effort was great but this was also probably about the most friendly officiating style will see this season, which I believe was a big swing from the Butler game. For example tonight we were allowed to redirect dribble drives much more effectively and challenge shots without anticipatory whistles being blown. Yes we can easily point to a couple of bad calls but the overall tone was much much more in our favor than against Butler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT