ADVERTISEMENT

UofL is a commuter school, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you got busted for trying to impersonate TD on the IU board, right? That’s pretty desperate, don’t you think? Who stoops that low, especially when it was so easy to catch you?

Wasn't me but good try. I thought that thread was hilarious but it wasn't me. I haven't posted on there since I got banned a few months ago.

Maybe so. Bad hires in key moments have killed momentum every single time.

But this I know

Drew Brees was a better College QB then Lamar Jackson could ever wish he could be.
Interesting that the stats don't really bear that opinion out. Here's a quick comparison of the stats that matter.

Total Yards
Brees - 12,692 - 282 per game
LJ - 13,175 - 347 per game

Total TDs
Brees - 104 - 2.31 per game
LJ - 119 - 3.13 per game

And you realize Brohm grew up in Louisville and played at UofL, right? You’re trying to come up with a bunch of dumb reasons to justify something that you don’t have any comprehension of. Just stop, unless you want to keep looking dumb.

He did?!

Wow, maybe you need to learn google maps......50 miles goes far beyond the Jefferson County trash heap.
Well you said Louisville dumbass. I should have known better than to take an idiot yut fan either at his word or, that he would understand the English language.

It's in a different state, this Louisville guy never finished 8th grade.
Lol - you understand that distances don't stop at state borders - right? You said 50 miles from Louisville - that includes southern Indiana.

How stupid are you?

Funny that with all of that HOF caliber talent, the winning percentage at the "Cradle" was .605 during those guys years there. I sure would have thought it would have been higher?

Weird.
Playing 202 games against the three winningest programs in the history of college football could have something to do with that.

I see you guys have played... Clemson and Florida St... a few times (combined 4-20 record against)

Playing 202 games against the three winningest programs in the history of college football could have something to do with that.

I see you guys have played... Clemson and Florida St... a few times (combined 4-20 record against)
And I see that Purdue is 0-1 against Louisville.

I grew up 50 miles from Louisville, it's nothing but trash now and I avoid it.
Just be glad that our Louisville economy keeps you toothless inbreds afloat. Wouldn't want those disability checks to stop now would ya?

Not even sure why you're a college football fan as Im sure you didn't even go to college....and well, your team is UK. Looks like you guys are doing your typical middle of the season push back to mediocrity. Have fun next year

He plays IN THE NFL you dip sh%t! Hes not on your roster anymore....I've never understood this way of thinking.
And Lamar is not on yours. In fact y'all just fired the coach that made him. Try to follow the conversation better.

I wasn't fortunate enough to attend Purdue or UofL, but these posts have taught me what the kids who were bullied in high school do when they go to college. They become academic bullies arguing about GPAs on a sports web site. Educated assholes is what comes to my mind.

I also learned that I am not supposed to support my hometown college athletics program because I didn't attend college. Funny stuff.

Instead of trying to convince the WWW that you are reeeaaallllyyy smart, you should be thanking God that you are blessed and college educated rather than sitting in a sea of sand on the other side of the globe.

Just my enlisted military opinion.
Thank you for your service!! Not one poster here thanked you that I can tell. They are so caught up in losing their football coach that they've forgotten the truly important things in life....and they're supposed to be smart people!!

Reactions: One Bad Bird
Thank you for your service!! Not one poster here thanked you that I can tell. They are so caught up in losing their football coach that they've forgotten the truly important things in life....and they're supposed to be smart people!!

You are so caught up on being over here trying to act like you have any idea what Brohm is going to do. Remember when you thought Brohm was in Louisville the other night? Lol

Reactions: ahhculdee and BBG
I wasn't fortunate enough to attend Purdue or UofL, but these posts have taught me what the kids who were bullied in high school do when they go to college. They become academic bullies arguing about GPAs on a sports web site. Educated assholes is what comes to my mind.

I also learned that I am not supposed to support my hometown college athletics program because I didn't attend college. Funny stuff.

Instead of trying to convince the WWW that you are reeeaaallllyyy smart, you should be thanking God that you are blessed and college educated rather than sitting in a sea of sand on the other side of the globe.

Just my enlisted military opinion.

Thank you for your service. It means a lot!

Reactions: One Bad Bird
Yikes. Purdue’s QB history blows yours out of the water.

Len Dawson
Bob Griese
Mike Phipps
Gary Danielson
Jim Everett
Mark Herrmann
Kyle Orton
Scott Campbell

Oh and Drew Brees

Purdue is tied with Alabama for the most SuperBowl winning quarterbacks, Purdue QB’s have won (and started) more NFL games than any other school, and thrown for the most yards and TD’s of any school.

But yeah tell me more about Teddy Bridgewater and some of the others.
And yet what have you won other than a Rose Bowl back in the 1960’s. Louisville has a Fiesta, Orange and Sugar Bowl since the 1990’s along with several other Bowl wins.

Purdue Football - has averaged a whopping 5.55 wins per season since 2000.

Louisville Football - has averaged 8.66 wins per season since 2000.

Louisville has won 156 games since 2000, Purdue has won an even 100 games since 2000. Louisville has won many, many bowl games, including BCS bowls the Sugar and Orange. Louisville was within one game of playing for the national championship in 2006. Louisville has produced a Heisman trophy winner in Lamar Jackson.

The fact of the matter is fairly simple, Louisville has had a tremendous amount of success in the last 18 years or so. Purdue has had a flash here or there, but a person would be a fool to underestimate Louisville in this scenario. Their ascension up the college football world's ladder is a story of growth, opportunity, hard work, diligence, commitment and of course some good luck.

Purdue is a fine institution, it always was but its athletic programs were never on the par of Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, UofL, UK, Michigan State, etc. I would equate Purdue with Illinois. They both are similar in terms of athletics. They will occasionally have a big year in football that shocks the alumni to their core, but are typically fighting for 6 wins. Their basketball programs are similar in that the NCAA tournament isn't their best friend. Although Illinois has been known to crash a Final Four, so they've got that over Purdue.

Don't even begin to compare Purdue to UofL basketball...lol...not pretty.

Purdue Football - has averaged a whopping 5.55 wins per season since 2000.

Louisville Football - has averaged 8.66 wins per season since 2000.

Louisville has won 156 games since 2000, Purdue has won an even 100 games since 2000. Louisville has won many, many bowl games, including BCS bowls the Sugar and Orange. Louisville was within one game of playing for the national championship in 2006. Louisville has produced a Heisman trophy winner in Lamar Jackson.

The fact of the matter is fairly simple, Louisville has had a tremendous amount of success in the last 18 years or so. Purdue has had a flash here or there, but a person would be a fool to underestimate Louisville in this scenario. Their ascension up the college football world's ladder is a story of growth, opportunity, hard work, diligence, commitment and of course some good luck.

Purdue is a fine institution, it always was but its athletic programs were never on the par of Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, UofL, UK, Michigan State, etc. I would equate Purdue with Illinois. They both are similar in terms of athletics. They will occasionally have a big year in football that shocks the alumni to their core, but are typically fighting for 6 wins. Their basketball programs are similar in that the NCAA tournament isn't their best friend. Although Illinois has been known to crash a Final Four, so they've got that over Purdue.

Don't even begin to compare Purdue to UofL basketball...lol...not pretty.

Way to pick a random starting date of 2000. That's great they have done well the last 18 years. They also fired the coach who made them relevant on the national stage. You realize that since 2000, they played in subpar conferences for a decent portion of that time period right? They weren't in a solid conference until 4 years ago.

Want to talk again about why IU football should be better than Purdue football? That's always fun to hear you try to explain why IU should be superior when nothing historically speaks to that being remotely true.

Reactions: BBG
Way to pick a random starting date of 2000. That's great they have done well the last 18 years. They also fired the coach who made them relevant on the national stage. You realize that since 2000, they played in subpar conferences for a decent portion of that time period right? They weren't in a solid conference until 4 years ago.

Want to talk again about why IU football should be better than Purdue football? That's always fun to hear you try to explain why IU should be superior when nothing historically speaks to that being remotely true.
Unfortunately Louisville did not have the luxury of being in a conference like the Big 10+4 or SEC. It wasn’t until Howard Schnellenberger retuned home after winning a National Championship at Miami in 1985, that the Cardinal program began its climb. He recruited another hometown kid out of Trinity High School, you might know him, Jeff Brohm, who had offers from bigger named schools to help him build his dream of pursuing a National Championship for Louisville. His quote back then was “The only variable is time”. Well believe it or not, it’s Jeff Brohms destiny to return home like his coach and mentor did to take the torch and achieve that goal predicted during his playing days. You see, Purdue fans only know Jeff for the last two years, Louisville fans have known him since he was in grade school. Feel fortunate he has brought enthusiasm back to your program the next coach can build on.

Reactions: td75
Yet he played at Trinity and said Louisville was his dream school. However, the Louisville staff did not put in the effort after he committed to Texas. Another reason Bobby was fired.
Sounds like an urban legend. He had a Louisville offer. Not like they didn’t recruit him. Y’all can believe what you want but Jamarcus Shephard and Moore are very close. I also know that Milton has made a great connection with Wright.

Interesting that the stats don't really bear that opinion out. Here's a quick comparison of the stats that matter.

Total Yards
Brees - 12,692 - 282 per game
LJ - 13,175 - 347 per game

Total TDs
Brees - 104 - 2.31 per game
LJ - 119 - 3.13 per game

they'll crap themselves.

Then start the inevitable . . . "he'll be gone after next year."

Losers.
Truthfully I would be surprised but if that’s the way it plays out - it wouldn’t be sour grapes from me - either toward JB or Purdue. He’s a good dude and if he decides to stay put, I trust that he made what he believes to be the best decision for him and his family.

I’ve actually watched three or four Purdue games this year - loved watching them kick the shit out of urban liar. I’d also rather see him in a different conference than UofL so as to not deal with that. If he does turn UofL down - you guys might have him for quite a while.

Truthfully I would be surprised but if that’s the way it plays out - it wouldn’t be sour grapes from me - either toward JB or Purdue. He’s a good dude and if he decides to stay put, I trust that he made what he believes to be the best decision for him and his family.

I’ve actually watched three or four Purdue games this year - loved watching them kick the shit out of urban liar. I’d also rather see him in a different conference than UofL so as to not deal with that. If he does turn UofL down - you guys might have him for quite a while.

Here’s a question: why would Milton Wright verbal to Purdue if there was any doubt about Brohm’s future? He very easily could’ve just waited a month and decided then.

I’ve noticed several things in this thread. For whatever reason, UofL fans are trying to argue over literally the only two things Purdue has over Louisville - which is its academic superiority and quarterback history. Outside of those two things, I really can’t think of anything Purdue has over Louisville.

I’ve noticed several things in this thread. For whatever reason, UofL fans are trying to argue over literally the only two things Purdue has over Louisville - which is its academic superiority and quarterback history. Outside of those two things, I really can’t think of anything Purdue has over Louisville.

Lol if you actually believe those are the only two things Purdue has over UL.

Reactions: 1977CatFan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT