ADVERTISEMENT

Unhinged

Oct 15, 2007
I normally don’t go over to the IU board but it is complete comedy hour over there. In addition to melting down over their season, now they’re arguing about how many fans we had at the UM game. Absolute 🤡 show!

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and Schnelk
Claims that Purdue doesn’t travel well and there weren’t 50% boiler fans because they couldn’t hear it on the tv….

I mean it checks out IU message board guys couldn’t hear it on tv, they are pretty old and the only ones that remember IU’s glory days.

Guessing that CourtDense2 is still claiming we don’t travel well and are obsessed with IU - while posting about Purdue and the fan support at UM…
Total Maroons…

• Love
Reactions: Schnelk and SKYDOG
Who cares what they think (especially that dipsh*t courtsensetwo)? It’s like the Monty Python argument sketch over there. “There were so many Purdue fans at Crisler it was like a home game.” “No there weren’t.” “Yes, there were.” “No, there weren’t.” “Yes, there were. The announcers and the players even said so.” “No, they didn’t.” “Yes, they did.” And on and on it goes. Absolutely pointless. Like Twain said, “Never argue with a fool, onlookers might not be able to tell the difference.”

Was there a coordinated effort to take over Crisler Arena? I mean, regardless of how well we travel or not - Purdue occupied that place.
Think it was more a perfect storm of spring break, UM fans giving up on basketball this season, a decent alum presence in Detroit, and tickets being available and cheaper for Purdue fans than the remaining games in Mackey.

Think it was more a perfect storm of spring break, UM fans giving up on basketball this season, a decent alum presence in Detroit, and tickets being available and cheaper for Purdue fans than the remaining games in Mackey.

And for fans in say, Fort Wayne, it's not really much of a different drive to Ann Arbor than WL. And if the tickets are $15 instead of $120...

Guessing that CourtDense2 is still claiming we don’t travel well and are obsessed with IU - while posting about Purdue and the fan support at UM…
Total Maroons…
And that we need validation from them. It is very entertaining.

And that we need validation from them. It is very entertaining.
It’s really just fun calling him out on his awful takes and him getting all worked up and high and mighty to say “no I know so! I have no actual evidence, but just trust me bro”.

Are they freaking out that rumor is Galloway is gone after the season? Supposedly he is transferring out the moment the season is done. Some IU fans claim there has been tampering. That made me laugh because who is dumb enough to spend NIL money on a career 20% 3pt shooter ?

Listened to the game on the radio in the car. Wife thought it was a home game since the crowd was louder when Purdue scored and crickets when Michigan did.

Reactions: SKYDOG and Schnelk
If some of their posters have degrees from Indiana, I can see why their administration is trying to declare academics over athletics.

Oh you mean Jimbo, Esq. ?
Yep and didn’t even realize he’s never seen a national championship won by IU. He saw their nice little lucky run they fell into in 2002….but besides that he’s only seen Purdue be more successful in winning his whole life. Lol that made me laugh so hard when I saw that. He does have an obsession with watching the FDU game tho.

Are they freaking out that rumor is Galloway is gone after the season? Supposedly he is transferring out the moment the season is done. Some IU fans claim there has been tampering. That made me laugh because who is dumb enough to spend NIL money on a career 20% 3pt shooter ?
Hey beef, cmon now I was told he was playing out of position all year and that’s why he’s missed all those wide open 3 pointers and free throws!

And for fans in say, Fort Wayne, it's not really much of a different drive to Ann Arbor than WL. And if the tickets are $15 instead of $120...
Oh apparently the tickets are cheap and that’s the only reason Purdue fans were able to go.

They are not the brightest bunch. That said, why Purdue fans even go over there to argue about Purdue is beyond me. Let them have their view of college basketball and think that the team they like is as relevant to the rest of the college basketball world as it is to them. Purdue is objectively one of the best teams in college basketball and they are likely going to be playing in the first round of the BTT and sitting at home the following week. No amount of verbal jousting, arguing, or events from multiple decades ago will change that reality. Going over there to argue with them only serves to make them feel important.

They are not the brightest bunch. That said, why Purdue fans even go over there to argue about Purdue is beyond me. Let them have their view of college basketball and think that the team they like is as relevant to the rest of the college basketball world as it is to them. Purdue is objectively one of the best teams in college basketball and they are likely going to be playing in the first round of the BTT and sitting at home the following week. No amount of verbal jousting, arguing, or events from multiple decades ago will change that reality. Going over there to argue with them only serves to make them feel important.
I don’t go to argue - I just watch and laugh to myself.

Claims that Purdue doesn’t travel well and there weren’t 50% boiler fans because they couldn’t hear it on the tv….

I mean it checks out IU message board guys couldn’t hear it on tv, they are pretty old and the only ones that remember IU’s glory days.
"I mean it checks out IU message board guys couldn’t hear it on tv, they are pretty old and the only ones that remember IU’s glory days."

You think some of them have TV's with rabbit ears?

Yes all good points. I am going to try and follow this advice. Just their takes are horrible and laughable. But yeah, no reason to post there…not worth it.

Oh apparently the tickets are cheap and that’s the only reason Purdue fans were able to go.

Didn't mean it that way- it just made a last minute decision super easy when you can get good seats for like $50. If I didn't already have my Sunday full I would have gone after I found out Saturday tickets were dirt cheap

Yes all good points. I am going to try and follow this advice. Just their takes are horrible and laughable. But yeah, no reason to post there…not worth it.
I used to poke fun because I would see so many of them over here. Now, I like to read, observe and laugh at their take on anything that has to do with basketball. You're 100% correct on the horrible and laughable takes by that bunch.

I go to the IU board when I need a good laugh. Especially JImbo and Courtsense2, they are broken records with their Purdue nonsense.

Oh and don't forget. Braden Smith wanted to be a Hoosier😉😂😂🤷‍♂️
Well he really did but both their coaches didn’t think he was worth a scholarship. He’d be a legend down there surrounded with 3 5 stars…although no one can shoot. So maybe he wouldn’t have as many assists 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT