ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrese Hunter

Morton is not a PG (particularly at this level), and, Smith may not be either unfortunately.

Purdue is in a horrible spot at the moment...and, as it stands, there is the chance that will remain the case unfortunately.
Very true. Idiots like russ Ford can laugh but, fact of the matter is our guard room is not looking to be in great shape for next year as of right now. We're really going to need our front court to carry us if we want a decent season.

Very true. Idiots like russ Ford can laugh but, fact of the matter is our guard room is not looking to be in great shape for next year as of right now. We're really going to need our front court to carry us if we want a decent season.
A little sensitive aren't you. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
We are not going to spend the money like those other schools are going to. So unfortunately it's not going to happen.

I do think this situation is different. This is not Purdue. This is on the alumni.
You are correct and I am not giving a dime for NIL. But my personal choice aside, this is the opportunity for those that want to have a very direct impact on college sports to get their chance.

But that also opens a can of worms because the alumni will be demanding different things for their "investment" and that will never align. I mean just look at this forum as an example, so many different opinions on everything and everyone thinks theirs is the right answer.

This is such a mess.

I do think this situation is different. This is not Purdue. This is on the alumni.

I get what you are saying, because the Collectives is supposed to be outside the University, but it still doesn't make sense to me that the money-raising responsibility falls on the alumni instead of the school, when the school is the one taking in the $54M BTN money. Imagine the LA Lakers not responsible to pay the money for Lebron, but let the fans self-organize outside of them to come up with the money to pay. Or let Nike dictate which team he should play.

Or let Nike dictate which team he should play.

You mean like what already happens? That's why guys are not about getting the maximum contract they can from teams anymore. They leave money on the table all the time there because they actually make more off of their endorsement deals now.

Laugh I guess if it makes them feel better...does not change anything (especially the situation that exists presently).

It is absolutely on Purdue...yes, it will be taken care of in the end by/through/with alumni largely, but, Purdue was SO far behind and out of the loop it should indeed be embarrassing.

I don't see Purdue ever being where they need to be for it to ultimately matter, and, they are working uphill already...and, will be for as long as this exists.

You guys are going to get one or two more guards from somewhere, right? It has to happen.

Any idea who are the most likely options?

It is absolutely on Purdue...yes, it will be taken care of in the end by/through/with alumni largely, but, Purdue was SO far behind and out of the loop it should indeed be embarrassing.

I don't see Purdue ever being where they need to be for it to ultimately matter, and, they are working uphill already...and, will be for as long as this exists.
But see here is the rub, not one of us on here knows what is and has been going on already behind closed doors. No amount of speculating changes that as so far the only thing we know for sure, is that Purdue wasn't going to pay what Pack wanted but then again neither was OSU or anyone but Miami.

But see here is the rub, not one of us on here knows what is and has been going on already behind closed doors. No amount of speculating changes that as so far the only thing we know for sure, is that Purdue wasn't going to pay what Pack wanted but then again neither was OSU or anyone but Miami.
Well, there is that...and, then there is the article that mentioned that they were working on some things to put in place, and then there was the positing for a position...so, you are correct, we don't truly know what has been going on, but, from all appearances, it seems as though very little was going on actually.

Well, there is that...and, then there is the article that mentioned that they were working on some things to put in place, and then there was the positing for a position...so, you are correct, we don't truly know what has been going on, but, from all appearances, it seems as though very little was going on actually.
Sasha already had an NIL right? So this is nothing "new" to us. I guess my point is the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Sasha already had an NIL right? So this is nothing "new" to us. I guess my point is the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.
Sasha’s NIL deal was probably a couple thousand dollars from Dutch-Farms.

We are well behind on the NIL front. 10 of the 14 BIG Ten schools have NIL collectives already setup and have large contributions (some with multiple contributions). Our NIL collective should have been in the works since July 1 of last year.

we are NOT behind on the NIL front. the NIl money doesn't come from the university. Our wealthy donors just have ZERO interest in wasting their money on college athletes. it's not about Purdue. it's about the values Purdue installs in their alumni. it's called using your money to make a difference rather than give it to an athlete.

Reactions: Russ Ford
we are NOT behind on the NIL front. the NIl money doesn't come from the university. Our wealthy donors just have ZERO interest in wasting their money on college athletes. it's not about Purdue. it's about the values Purdue installs in their alumni. it's called using your money to make a difference rather than give it to an athlete.
Plenty Purdue alumni would donate if there were an avenue to do so. If season ticket holders donated just $10 per month it would go a very long way.

Reactions: pboiler18 and DAG10
Some people did not want Hunter to come back. And some of them also complained that Edey is an old-school center, which Purdue should avoid. Just think about if both were gone next season.

Some people did not want Hunter to come back. And some of them also complained that Edey is an old-school center, which Purdue should avoid. Just think about if both were gone next season.
I would like for hunter to come back. Edey as well. They will help us win a lot of games in the regular season. I don't stress about the tournament. Painter is a good coach but he's just not a march madness guy. I've accepted the last couple years that we'll never win a championship with him. I just enjoy the victories as they come our way during the conference season.

EHJ doesn’t really move the needle. He would be an upgrade to having to play Smith, but guard play will still be a weakness next year. I’m not sure why anyone would complain about Edey, because he’s the only guy keeping us as a potential top 25 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT