ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrese Hunter

Great spot for him to play if he’s looking at it from a basketball standpoint, guessing he’s going to want his though, Purdue isn’t getting him with gift cards and the promise that things will eventually be up to standard, guessing he goes to Kansas or somewhere where they’re steps ahead of Purdue.

Great spot for him to play if he’s looking at it from a basketball standpoint, guessing he’s going to want his though, Purdue isn’t getting him with gift cards and the promise that things will eventually be up to standard, guessing he goes to Kansas or somewhere where they’re steps ahead of Purdue.
Unfortunately I can't disagree. Maybe we will get lucky and find a transfer that is only looking at the basketball perspective. But let's be honest, even that guy would have other options that could be better than PU has to offer.

I have difficulty not looking at all of this through the eyes of my younger fandom and even thinking back to when I was a student...I would have given anything to have been good enough to walk on to the Purdue varsity, to say nothing of the honor of being awarded a full scholarship.

My give-a-damn meter is about exhausted. The old enthusiasm may return once the season begins but I find this entire thing disenchanting.

He likes what he saw but do we have the 💵? Tyrese, um, we are working on it. Louisville and Kansas in the mix. We are the only B1G school. Surprised there was no Iowa.

He likes what he saw but do we have the 💵? Tyrese, um, we are working on it. Louisville and Kansas in the mix. We are the only B1G school. Surprised there was no Iowa.

Kansas...cheats/no ethics...Tennessee...cheats/no ethics...Texas...cheats/no ethics...Louisville...should have received Death Penalty, will cheat more than anyone else, more so now than ever in that the desperation level is at an all-time high...that leaves Gonzaga (to the best of my knowledge, not yet paying guys) and Purdue...both likely on the outside looking in.

He would be a great get and a nice fit, but, I would be flat shocked if this is a basketball decision first...if at all.

Purdue fans today: "College basketball is dead. NIL is evil."
Purdue fans if Tyrese Hunter commits: "We rock! Next season is looking good!!"
IU fans....He only went 80, he hadn't had much to drink, and he ran a stop sign in a private parking lot. And he wasn't really driving...his buddy in the right passenger seat was.

Last edited:
628 players listed as SG or PG in the portal now. Most aren't getting any NIL deals. Perhaps Painter needs to get a email marketing tool to check up on these guys....deadline is approaching so still time to take a shot.

Reactions: pboiler18 and TX4GB
What I've seen of Smith, we'll be fine. He plays with a little guy chip on his shoulder and plays very well. I'd start him from day 1.
Woody should have threatened to go back to the pros or jump to another school. It's working for the players.

What I've seen of Smith, we'll be fine. He plays with a little guy chip on his shoulder and plays very well. I'd start him from day 1.
He won’t be very effective as a freshman. He could be a good role player down the road, but I’m not sure he is going to be even serviceable as a starter this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT