ADVERTISEMENT

Two questions about Morgan Burke

Sep 11, 2014
South Bend, IN
During Hazell's first disastrous season, Morgan spent his Sundays with Hazell watching game film, just to show his support for the new hire. I wonder if Morgan is still spending his Sundays with Hazell watching game film?

Also, Morgan addressed last years football team to tell them that they would be the LAST Purdue team that does not go to a bowl game. Since we now have to win out to make that happen, I wonder if Morgan still feels that way?

Ask on his twitter @MorganJBurke but don't expect a reply

65118228.jpg

I notice he has stopped tweeting. Utter failure in your major revenue sport will do that to you.

He will pick up again once basketball begins to make some noise.

I notice he has stopped tweeting. Utter failure in your major revenue sport will do that to you.

He will pick up again once basketball begins to make some noise.
He better hope to God the basketball team doesn't stumble - if he thinks it's hot in the furnace now...

I called the radio station after Saturdays game and complained about Hazell and Burke. They told me that Burke is a competitive guy and wants to turn this around as bad as anyone. I don't totally buy it though. Burke has to be blind if he thinks Hazell is getting the job done. The stadium is empty so money is going out the door. The program is in big trouble.

get on facebook and like the page fire Darell Hazell.

I don't do facebook, if I did I would though. I am following the twitter version. I wish Burke would just announce he is done 1/1/16 so the buyout amount goes down so we can let people know the position is open.

Last edited:
I called the radio station after Saturdays game and complained about Hazell and Burke. They told me that Burke is a competitive guy and wants to turn this around as bad as anyone. I don't totally buy it though. Burke has to be blind if he thinks Hazell is getting the job done. The stadium is empty so money is going out the door. The program is in big trouble.
No doubt Burke HAS BEEN a competitive guy. To be a success in business he had to be. Burke is now one foot out the door. He sees retirement ahead and that is a bigger dream to chase for him right now than fixing the FB program. If you've been around any business long enough you've seen it or had it happen to yourself. When time gets short the desire to crank up the effort for a major makeover is pretty hard to find. This coming from a guy with less than 3 years, maybe much less, to go before I hang it up where I'm at and head to the beach.

No doubt Burke HAS BEEN a competitive guy. To be a success in business he had to be. Burke is now one foot out the door. He sees retirement ahead and that is a bigger dream to chase for him right now than fixing the FB program. If you've been around any business long enough you've seen it or had it happen to yourself. When time gets short the desire to crank up the effort for a major makeover is pretty hard to find. This coming from a guy with less than 3 years, maybe much less, to go before I hang it up where I'm at and head to the beach.
Hey, me too! 2 years, 3 months, and 11 days to go for me. Maybe I'll run into you at the beach.

Everybody wants to win -- there's no distinction in that -- the problem is that Purdue, under Morgan, went almost a decade failing to do what it takes to maintain, let alone build, a winning football program. So suddenly deciding that he regrets almost a decade of neglect -- and then throwing $12M at the first one-hit wonder to happen along, after firing DH1 -- that doesn't get it done -- not even close.

Everybody wants to win -- there's no distinction in that -- the problem is that Purdue, under Morgan, went almost a decade failing to do what it takes to maintain, let alone build, a winning football program. So suddenly deciding that he regrets almost a decade of neglect -- and then throwing $12M at the first one-hit wonder to happen along, after firing DH1 -- that doesn't get it done -- not even close.

You got to start somewhere. They can't keep Hazell on board any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT