ADVERTISEMENT

Two Intriguing DTs in the transfer portal

Bullwhip Griffith

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2005
Peru IN
Malcom Robinson who a Purdue commit, but ended up at Minnesota. Was recruited by Marcus Freeman so he could head to Cincy

Not Purdue connection to Keem Green who is leaving Nebraska as back up DT. But if he’s looking for playing time and Purdue goes back to a 4 man front could fit in

Reactions: krf3632
We definitely need defensive line help. I would be happy with either one or both.

If Purdue does go back to a 4-3 another DT is almost a must.

Right now (if everyone returns that’s not a senior) you’re looking at Lawrence Johnson, Bryce Austin, Steven Faucheux and probably Jack Sullivan at DT. Talent wise a good group if you go by their ratings, but still damn young.

Getting one of the two above would really solidify the position

Malcom Robinson who a Purdue commit, but ended up at Minnesota. Was recruited by Marcus Freeman so he could head to Cincy

Not Purdue connection to Keem Green who is leaving Nebraska as back up DT. But if he’s looking for playing time and Purdue goes back to a 4 man front could fit in

I was curious to see if we have interest in Robinson too. This past sunday I posted his name on the who else would you like to see transfer to Purdue thread. Got a Like from purdue800

Reactions: Bullwhip Griffith
I was curious to see if we have interest in Robinson too. This past sunday I posted his name on the who else would you like to see transfer to Purdue line. Got a Like from purdue800

Didn’t see your post, but I’d like to at see Purdue take a look.

Read a think today that said nearly half of all transfer portal entrants last year didn’t get an offer from another school. If that’s true (I didn’t verify) you’d think some of these guys will be deciding soon

When do you think Purdue will hire a DC?

Diaco was hired 1/2/2020 so soon, but my expectation is that target number one is still coaching in a bowl game and the hire will be announced after that.

In my dream scenario the target would be coaching with his NFL team in hopes of getting a playoff spot

Could one of you guys explain the process of recruiting a transfer portal player. I would imagine head coaches are busy trying to contact players that fill that spot they have of immediate need.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT