ADVERTISEMENT

Trump wins again

qazplm

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Noodle claimed I was trolling months ago when I suggested Trump could win the nomination.

Looking more and more like Trump will be the nominee, unless either Cruz or rubio drop out soon to make it one on one.

As long as they are both in, they split the anti-Trump vote.

Caveat being a brokered convention is still quite possible.

Noodle claimed I was trolling months ago when I suggested Trump could win the nomination.

Looking more and more like Trump will be the nominee, unless either Cruz or rubio drop out soon to make it one on one.

As long as they are both in, they split the anti-Trump vote.

Caveat being a brokered convention is still quite possible.

You also gave him 0% chance at one point. What do those % look like now?

You also gave him 0% chance at one point. What do those % look like now?

I gave him zero chance way back when he first started, obviously now that's not correct but I've long since changed my thoughts on that.

I still think he'll fail to win enough to avoid a brokered convention but then again most republican contests are winner take all so who knows.

I think Hillary beats him by five to seven points though so hopefully he keeps it up. I cannot imagine an America that actually elects him to office.

What an indictment that would be.

I gave him zero chance way back when he first started, obviously now that's not correct but I've long since changed my thoughts on that.

I still think he'll fail to win enough to avoid a brokered convention but then again most republican contests are winner take all so who knows.

I think Hillary beats him by five to seven points though so hopefully he keeps it up. I cannot imagine an America that actually elects him to office.

Trump has been undersold & underestimated throughout the campaign. I don't think he'd win the general, but it would be foolish to rule out that frightening possibility.

Trump has been undersold & underestimated throughout the campaign. I don't think he'd win the general, but it would be foolish to rule out that frightening possibility.
I think the number of unserious people out there have been underestimated, not Trump.

Rubio probably picks up a majority of Bush supporters, which puts him alone in second. He will almost certainly pick up most of Kasich supporters eventually, where Carson's will probably majority skew Cruz. That'll put Rubio alone in second and close to if not ahead of Trump in most places, IMO. We will see.

Reactions: LSLBoiler

There's a Hell of a lot of us out here that can't imagine an America that would elect Hillary, so there's plenty of indictments of what some Americans will vote for.

There's a Hell of a lot of us out here that can't imagine an America that would elect Hillary, so there's plenty of indictments of what some Americans will vote for.
Really? Seems like a pretty std dem candidate to me. I think rubio would be a rotten president but he's clearly a pretty std rep pick.

Really? Seems like a pretty std dem candidate to me. I think rubio would be a rotten president but he's clearly a pretty std rep pick.

Here's a snippet from former Carter pollster Pat Caddell.

http://www.socio-political-journal.com/2016/02/caddell-clintons-are-white-trash.html

I found that reference linked on several websites, many are conservative obviously. Is there a reason why we shouldn't give any credibility to Mr. Caddell?

I also log onto the Water Cooler on the IU-peegs site from time to time. Two members of the military post over there often about Hillary's use of email on a private server. Aloha Hoosier and Mr. Bing are the posters names if you care to jump over there and search for their posts. Aloha is a former Democrat that became a Republican during Reagan's terms I believe, and is a former commander of a Navy vessel. I don't recall what type or size of vessel that he listed that he commanded, but he has mentioned several times regarding handling of classified information.

Mr. Bing is a younger black gentleman and Lt. Colonel (I think) that saw several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and has discussed his liberal views and that he volunteered some time for Hillary's 08 campaign. He was injured in this event, from what he and others on the Water Cooler have posted.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/05/world/asia/afghanistan-violence/index.html

I assume they have substantial credibility in handling classified and/or top secret information, and both have posted that had they done what Hillary has obviously done, not only would they be worried about losing their jobs and their careers being over, but they would be looking at time in a military prison.

Depending on your perspective, I guess you could argue that Mrs. Clinton was just ignorant of the restrictions on handling classified and top secret information, in which case you have to question her qualifications for SOS or President. Otherwise, she just has a blatant disregard for the rules and that they actually apply to her, which is what most people's opinion of her seem to be.

And finally, and totally just an anecdotal statement, my inlaws and many of my friends in their 50's-60's all have been Democrats all of their lives, and voted that way most of their lives, and pretty well still do in local and state elections. We live in rural southern Indiana for what that's worth to the discussion. In a group of 15-20 people, they overwhelmingly are supporting Trump. I've always been quite conservative, and probably voting for Kasich if he's still in the race in May when our primary rolls around. Rubio seems to be electable for some reason, but I can't argue that he's the most qualified on the ticket. If Trump is the nominee, I'm really not sure how I'll vote in the general election.

Hillary vs Trump that would be terrible and probably likely at this point. What a horrible field of choices we have.

Regarding trump fans, I'm freaking surrounded by them up here in North Manchester I mean surrounded virtually everybody I know. One guy has voted democrat for 40 plus years and is on the Trump wagon.

I don't get it, better off not even thinking about it

Hillary vs Trump that would be terrible and probably likely at this point. What a horrible field of choices we have.

Regarding trump fans, I'm freaking surrounded by them up here in North Manchester I mean surrounded virtually everybody I know. One guy has voted democrat for 40 plus years and is on the Trump wagon.

I don't get it, better off not even thinking about it
Hell of a conundrum isn't it? It would seem that the Clinton marriage has been nothing but one of political opportunity for both of them, and were it not for this campaign, I think they would have divorced a long, long time ago. I won't even start on the corruption that has always been lurking the shadows for them. As a conservative farmer, I can't imagine that I would agree with very much of anything Bernie has to offer or believes in. Trump and Cruz both seem pretty unlikable to me, Rubio maybe not as seasoned as he should be. Kind of scary when you get right down to it.

Here's a snippet from former Carter pollster Pat Caddell.

http://www.socio-political-journal.com/2016/02/caddell-clintons-are-white-trash.html

I found that reference linked on several websites, many are conservative obviously. Is there a reason why we shouldn't give any credibility to Mr. Caddell?

I also log onto the Water Cooler on the IU-peegs site from time to time. Two members of the military post over there often about Hillary's use of email on a private server. Aloha Hoosier and Mr. Bing are the posters names if you care to jump over there and search for their posts. Aloha is a former Democrat that became a Republican during Reagan's terms I believe, and is a former commander of a Navy vessel. I don't recall what type or size of vessel that he listed that he commanded, but he has mentioned several times regarding handling of classified information.

Mr. Bing is a younger black gentleman and Lt. Colonel (I think) that saw several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and has discussed his liberal views and that he volunteered some time for Hillary's 08 campaign. He was injured in this event, from what he and others on the Water Cooler have posted.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/05/world/asia/afghanistan-violence/index.html

I assume they have substantial credibility in handling classified and/or top secret information, and both have posted that had they done what Hillary has obviously done, not only would they be worried about losing their jobs and their careers being over, but they would be looking at time in a military prison.

Depending on your perspective, I guess you could argue that Mrs. Clinton was just ignorant of the restrictions on handling classified and top secret information, in which case you have to question her qualifications for SOS or President. Otherwise, she just has a blatant disregard for the rules and that they actually apply to her, which is what most people's opinion of her seem to be.

And finally, and totally just an anecdotal statement, my inlaws and many of my friends in their 50's-60's all have been Democrats all of their lives, and voted that way most of their lives, and pretty well still do in local and state elections. We live in rural southern Indiana for what that's worth to the discussion. In a group of 15-20 people, they overwhelmingly are supporting Trump. I've always been quite conservative, and probably voting for Kasich if he's still in the race in May when our primary rolls around. Rubio seems to be electable for some reason, but I can't argue that he's the most qualified on the ticket. If Trump is the nominee, I'm really not sure how I'll vote in the general election.
so basically you think she's a horrible person and the email stuff.

I'd be willing to give her a chance if she released her speech transcripts. I'm not buying those companies are paying her millions and only getting a speech. But hey I could be wrong

She was fired from the Watergate counsel by a lifelong Democrat that states "She was a liar and unethical dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality". That's another Democrat discussing her behavior, I don't think I'm just on a witch hunt.

I'd be willing to give her a chance if she released her speech transcripts. I'm not buying those companies are paying her millions and only getting a speech. But hey I could be wrong

What do you think she's saying to them? I'm secretly a conservative and I totally am lying to everyone with all the legislation I've sponsored, voted for, and what I'm putting forward on the campaign trail?

I think the problem here is that she probably wasn't suitably "you all suck and deserve to die" and thus if she releases transcripts that don't say that, she'll be attacked for being too pro-corporation. I don't think most people think she's twirling an evil mustaches in full-on cohoots with corporations, but her statements will be picked apart in that vein anyways, because on our side apparently the only acceptable answer is corporations are the debbil.

She was fired from the Watergate counsel by a lifelong Democrat that states "She was a liar and unethical dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality". That's another Democrat discussing her behavior, I don't think I'm just on a witch hunt.

So, if you can find some folks from the same party who say bad things about someone, that's proof? A quick look at Mr. Caddell shows a guy who is currently and in the past made a cottage industry of attacking the Dems and the Dem party. Both sides have a few of those types floating around...and they are only taken seriously when the other side wants to make the "even some dems/reps think" argument.

So name your fav candidate and odds are some folks from that party have beef with that person. So I don't find that argument quite that compelling, particularly from someone who says he's a dem but also says environmentalism is just trying to destroy capitalism, or defended Bush, or spends his time on Fox News attacking Dems and the Dem Party. Good on him for finding a path to a steady paycheck though.

Here is a pretty interesting sight that breaks down Republican primaries. I think for their to be a brokered convention both Rubio and Cruz need to stay over the 20% or whatever threshold is in respective state. That would enable states to be more proportional in how delegates are awarded. There seems to be only 8 true winner take all states. I do not see Trump or any candidate getting 50% of vote in any of the states with winner take all thresholds as long as five candidates are in race.

http://frontloading.blogspot.com/p/2016-republican-delegate-allocation-by.html

I think where Clinton will get hit if she is able to run for GE is

-As soon as she attacks CEO pay/executive pay, it gets hammered on her that she gets paid as much as many CEO/High Exective yearly base salaries in a matter of a few hours making a speech to those companies.

-This gets tied to the charity which received a supoena in the fall(not sure who/what this deals with yet)

-And her email issue

Bernie Sanders has let her walk on many of these issues. Not going to happen in the GE.

I think where Clinton will get hit if she is able to run for GE is

-As soon as she attacks CEO pay/executive pay, it gets hammered on her that she gets paid as much as many CEO/High Exective yearly base salaries in a matter of a few hours making a speech to those companies.

-This gets tied to the charity which received a supoena in the fall(not sure who/what this deals with yet)

-And her email issue

Bernie Sanders has let her walk on many of these issues. Not going to happen in the GE.

I also think that she loses the general election and the main reason..... Bernie Sander people stay home and don't vote for her. I doubt 50% of them would consider voting for her. I could be wrong but I don't think so

I also think that she loses the general election and the main reason..... Bernie Sander people stay home and don't vote for her. I doubt 50% of them would consider voting for her. I could be wrong but I don't think so

You're wrong. Most BS folks will vote for her. They won't like it, but they will like the idea of President Trump a whole lot less. This is no different than 2008 when a small minority of Clinton "PUMAs" said they would never vote for Obama...and it matter not one bit, and that was every bit as acrimonious as this one is, if not worse.

Now, can I predict what low information independents who lean Dem might do? No. I would hope they wouldn't be snowed by a guy with bad hair just saying he has a bunch of great plans with no details, but they wouldn't be low information voters if plans were a huge deal to them.

But BS folks? No, plenty of them will come out. The youth vote may regress to 2012 levels vice 2008 levels, but if you are counting on the youth vote for your margin of victory you are on shaky ground to begin with.

How about Trump v. Sanders? Or even more extreme: Cruz v. Sanders-there is no middle ground.

How about Trump v. Sanders? Or even more extreme: Cruz v. Sanders-there is no middle ground.

Unless things seriously change, I would be pretty surprised if it's Sanders v anyone. Losing NV and now he will likely lose SC by 20 or more. That's 1/4 or at best 1.5/4. Super Tuesday is much more likely to favor Hillary on the whole. At that point, where does he get the numbers?

Unless something fundamentally blows up, he's just in it at this point to push her left, maybe to be VP if he wants to. That would certainly help energize the Dem base.

No you can't argue this. There is mandatory training every year on how to deal with this information. She would AT THE MINIMUM be taking anti terrorism training, information assurance training, classified information training, PII training, and operations security training. And honestly, probably a lot more. She's going to have trouble in the general election. She was an awful secretary of state. just awful.

No you can't argue this. There is mandatory training every year on how to deal with this information. She would AT THE MINIMUM be taking anti terrorism training, information assurance training, classified information training, PII training, and operations security training. And honestly, probably a lot more. She's going to have trouble in the general election. She was an awful secretary of state. just awful.
LOL. You think the Secretary of State takes the same CBT that you and I do? Hell, you think Flag and General Officers actually do it?

Unless things seriously change, I would be pretty surprised if it's Sanders v anyone. Losing NV and now he will likely lose SC by 20 or more. That's 1/4 or at best 1.5/4. Super Tuesday is much more likely to favor Hillary on the whole. At that point, where does he get the numbers?

Unless something fundamentally blows up, he's just in it at this point to push her left, maybe to be VP if he wants to. That would certainly help energize the Dem base.
VP is the perfect place for Bernie. He has no power and it removes him from the Senate where he has any chance of trying to get one of his bills on the floor. I'd be all for Bernie as VP! He'd be dead or physically incapable of running again in 8 years.

LOL. You think the Secretary of State takes the same CBT that you and I do? Hell, you think Flag and General Officers actually do it?
My one star does but I agree I'm pretty sure the Sec of State isn't doing that stuff.

Reactions: dmosier4
uhhh YES. If you're handling classified info it's mandatory. I don't care what your position is. It's DOD wide and I have never ever seen an exemption. And you don't know me like that.

uhhh YES. If you're handling classified info it's mandatory. I don't care what your position is. It's DOD wide and I have never ever seen an exemption. And you don't know me like that.
It's not an exemption; it's about who ACTUALLY does it. Most FOGOs don't do it themselves, but the box certainly gets checked! And SecState doesn't work for DOD. And it doesn't matter how I know you. It was pretty evident based on your post.

Hopefully eventually America gets its head out of its ass and realize Trump is on his way to winning the GOP nomination. I don't like any of the Rep Noms, but he is the worst. Welcome to the reincarnation of Nazi Germany with him.

Wonder if Rubio or Cruz would run as an "independent" if Trump does get the nom.

It's not an exemption; it's about who ACTUALLY does it. Most FOGOs don't do it themselves, but the box certainly gets checked! And SecState doesn't work for DOD. And it doesn't matter how I know you. It was pretty evident based on your post.
This is just not true. Most of them are signed with your CAC.

Unless you actually witness your FOGO doing it, he probably isn't doing it himself.

He does it himself. He more or less knocks out all of his annual training on a single set aside day. I cannot speak to whether that is a complete anomaly or not.

This is just not true. Most of them are signed with your CAC.
You have to use your CAC to log in, there's no digital signature requirement. I'm doing one right now... nothing other than the login required. I mean, three separate staffs with three different FOs and you had the Aide or Flag Sec doing NKO training for them, so it's pretty clearly not impossible. Frankly, I think those guys SHOULD be exempt from doing CBT. Ain't nobody got time for that.

That said, I've also seen all three of those guys do their own from time to time. I just wouldn't hang my hat on the fact that they do an NKO training so they know better.

He does it himself. He more or less knocks out all of his annual training on a single set aside day. I cannot speak to whether that is a complete anomaly or not.
Just in my experience it is...

Anyway, the whole point was HRC's not doing that training as Secretary of State. 1) She's not DOD. 2) I'd bet all of our next paychecks she has an aide do it for her if it gets done at all.

You have to use your CAC to log in, there's no digital signature requirement. I'm doing one right now... nothing other than the login required. I mean, three separate staffs with three different FOs and you had the Aide or Flag Sec doing NKO training for them, so it's pretty clearly not impossible. Frankly, I think those guys SHOULD be exempt from doing CBT. Ain't nobody got time for that.

That said, I've also seen all three of those guys do their own from time to time. I just wouldn't hang my hat on the fact that they do an NKO training so they know better.

Just in my experience it is...

Anyway, the whole point was HRC's not doing that training as Secretary of State. 1) She's not DOD. 2) I'd bet all of our next paychecks she has an aide do it for her if it gets done at all.

IMO this email issue is a problem in some ways, but not others:

A Problem:

Feeding the lack of trust narrative
Dinging the competency narrative

Not A Problem:

Actual belief that she's disqualified for the Presidency by anyone not already predisposed to vote against her...or that she's a criminal or should be prosecuted.

IMO this email issue is a problem in some ways, but not others:

A Problem:

Feeding the lack of trust narrative
Dinging the competency narrative

Not A Problem:

Actual belief that she's disqualified for the Presidency by anyone not already predisposed to vote against her...or that she's a criminal or should be prosecuted.
Nope, I agree. I do find the one email where she directed someone to strip the classification markings and send unsecure alarming, however. That could be construed as wanton neglect, which would be criminal and depending on the classification of the material pretty serious. If it's just Confidential, yeah, I don't really care at all.

Nope, I agree. I do find the one email where she directed someone to strip the classification markings and send unsecure alarming, however. That could be construed as wanton neglect, which would be criminal and depending on the classification of the material pretty serious. If it's just Confidential, yeah, I don't really care at all.

The other aspect of this, working in DC and knowing many people dealing with security clearances, is that the technology the US government works with is not terribly impressive/convenient to use in the 21st century. Everyone I know says these things are happening all of the time and would be surprised if there's anyone dealing with this type of stuff wouldn't also have these "red flags" if people literally went through and analyzed every one of their emails.

It certainly doesn't make it "right", but it's like the Benghazi thing - the people who hate her are going to hate her for this, but will moderates really care about the details of US email classification categories? Eh.

Chrispy Chream just endorsed him. They would make for a formidable duo, be it presidential politics or professional wrestling.

Chrispy Chream just endorsed him. They would make for a formidable duo, be it presidential politics or professional wrestling.

I think Christie realizes his only remaining path to political relevance is if Trump somehow wins, otherwise, he's done after his term is up.

I think Christie realizes his only remaining path to political relevance is if Trump somehow wins, otherwise, he's done after his term is up.

You skipped over the #1 reason. Christie HATES Rubio. HATES him.

Let me give you all a clue here. Two possibilities here. All you fools get robbed by a conspiracy called the New World Order Illuminati for 100 years getting gaggle slapped and all the sudden Ron Paul comes up on stage and gets hated on by their punk CNN and the rest of them, wonder why that is. Either A) Ron Paul is bad, but all the haters are good. B) The opposite. Trump comes in and says the same thing Ron Paul did. He gets hated on. Why are people voting for Trump now but not Ron Paul then? The answer is because Trump has declared war on these people in precisely the right way (no nice guy licking). No Mr. nice guy simpering. Trump got up there and made these cowardly filthy punks look stupid. These fat bald head liberals hate Trump because Trump is going to red cheek embarrass these stinky faces hard ball style. All their little posturing in these idiot colleges and high schools is about to get slapped. He makes these people look like the ugly gimps they are. And that is exactly what America needs right now. This is a war. Trump will win this election if the Illuminati don't assassinate him like they did to Scalia at the Illuminati Satanic ritual ranch owned by Obama's friend and confidant military black operations assassin killer head billionaire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT