ADVERTISEMENT

Trump v Hillary

I think the issue as we get closer to the respective conventions is what happens to the Bernie / Trump supporters. Both are anti -establishment groups and mad as hell. If you truly believe Washington is out of control, you won't want to vote for HRC or anyone the Repubs might put up instead of Trump.

I think the issue as we get closer to the respective conventions is what happens to the Bernie / Trump supporters. Both are anti -establishment groups and mad as hell. If you truly believe Washington is out of control, you won't want to vote for HRC or anyone the Repubs might put up instead of Trump.

I don't think lumping those 2 groups together as similar situation is accurate.

I posted earlier - Clinton actually has a higher "satisfied" rating if she becomes then nominee than Sanders does. And it's 10+ points higher than any Republican nominee - right now.

The Democratic side has not gotten anywhere near where the Republican side has gotten. They largely disagree about literally a few things. Most Bernie Sanders people also do not thin he'll win the nomination. So this notion they'd be "pissed" when he doesn't get it...is not there.

There's never 100% rallying behind a candidate, but I would not compare what the Democrats have to do with Clinton/Sanders with what Republicans would have to do - particularly with Trump.

I'm not even sure a FL win could revive Rubio at this point. Turd sandwich vs giant douche. way to go america. Might as well give Iran some money to build missiles with...oh wait...

It'd be 99 delegate for him and zero for anyone else. The second part is what's so important about FL, not the first.
It would do for him what Michigan did for Sanders...it wouldn't get him remotely close to winning the nomination but it would give him a reason to stay in and momentum going forward.

The only difference is Rubio has the chance for a brokered convention so ironically he has a better chance at the nomination than Bernie does.

Most Bernie Sanders people also do not thin he'll win the nomination. So this notion they'd be "pissed" when he doesn't get it...is not there.

AND . . how do YOU know that ? Are you a Bernie Sanders supportor or know people who do ??

I know lots of people who are . . . and believe me . . they are NOT Hillary fans ! They see her as untrustworthy, establishment, flip-flopping, and flat out WRONG on trade and foreign policy ! Someone who is running on Obamas and her Husband's records and not HER OWN !

Those are issues which raise an eyebrow when they look at Trump, especially when he also is against super pacs, and her trade and foreign policy decisions.

AND . . how do YOU know that ? Are you a Bernie Sanders supportor or know people who do ??

I know lots of people who are . . . and believe me . . they are NOT Hillary fans ! They see her as untrustworthy, establishment, flip-flopping, and flat out WRONG on trade and foreign policy ! Someone who is running on Obamas and her Husband's records and not HER OWN !

Those are issues which raise an eyebrow when they look at Trump, especially when he also is against super pacs, and her trade and foreign policy decisions.

When Hillary lost the nomination to Obama, polls at the time had over 40% of Hillary supporters vowing not to vote for Obama in the GE.

Of course, we all know that didn't happen. Folks got on board. They'll get on board this time too.

When Hillary lost the nomination to Obama, polls at the time had over 40% of Hillary supporters vowing not to vote for Obama in the GE.

Of course, we all know that didn't happen. Folks got on board. They'll get on board this time too.

That's what I thought.

PS I can GUARANTEE that not ALL of them will ! ha ha

It would do for him what Michigan did for Sanders...it wouldn't get him remotely close to winning the nomination but it would give him a reason to stay in and momentum going forward.

The only difference is Rubio has the chance for a brokered convention so ironically he has a better chance at the nomination than Bernie does.
Right, so more importantly is it denies 99 delegates to Trump, which is really what it's all about at this point for the other three.

Because there are professionals in charge of finding things like this out. Many people call them polls.

Nobody is saying 100% of people will support her (and I said so myself in the post you responded to).

You are assuming she had such a lead and it wasn't simply poor polling.

MA, IA, NV...none of those are unwinnable Southern states...neither is Virginia anymore. When she wins FL and NC those are states Dems have won recently. Odds are she wins Illinois. She could lose OH and PA (then again she could win either or both). Then there's NY.

And no, there aren't a whole lot of Reagan Dems out there. Conservative Dems and liberal Republicans are mythological creatures these days.

I think Reagan Dems and Conservative Republicans are mythical to you as you project yourself/belief structure on to others. In other words, I am far left, so everyone else is far left or far right. I have linked a poll to you before about Dems switching to Trump and vice versa, along with that states across the country are reporting a high number of people switching political parties. Not real indicative of moderates being mythical. And that is the people who actually take the time to switch registration-have to believe there are a lot more that do not bother.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-are-people-changing-their-party-affiliation-this-election-cycle/

They aren't - but when it comes to the convention, that's a long ways from now. Obviously many things can change, but if Rubio doesn't win Florida - good chance he won't be in the race anymore by the time the convention rolls around. And if he does stay in, it wouldn't be crazy to see him finish fourth (and likely at best third). At that point, if he's not attractive to people across the nation, why would they want him to be their nominee?

Personally at this point I am hoping for a Kasich/Haley ticket. If not that Rubio/Haley. That needs to be a brokered convention obviously.

As for Rubio, he was not desirable in a primary. That said, he does really well in GE polling. Different ball game IMO.

Personally at this point I am hoping for a Kasich/Haley ticket. If not that Rubio/Haley. That needs to be a brokered convention obviously.

As for Rubio, he was not desirable in a primary. That said, he does really well in GE polling. Different ball game IMO.

Well, there goes Rubio.

While state-by-state, Trump may have done what was somewhat expected, his margins in Florida were pretty impressive. If he does that in other big states, he may wrap the nomination up.

What I found interesting was the exit-polling. 25% of Republicans said they would not vote for Trump in the general election. Now, these numbers only mean so much in the snapshot of time. But 25% of your "die-hards" saying they would not vote for their party's candidate is not a good sign. And as we all know, this isn't necessarily a 2 candidate race (ala Obama/Clinton) that was a hard fought race - there's a lot of other contentious issues at play.

However, what's even more surprising to me is 75% of Republicans that voted...would vote for him. I have yet to meet someone who will actually admit they are a supporter of his. Guess I need to get out more.

Wow you are lucky my entire family loves him except my brother and me. You are a very very lucky man

Reactions: Bill4411
I think Reagan Dems and Conservative Republicans are mythical to you as you project yourself/belief structure on to others. In other words, I am far left, so everyone else is far left or far right. I have linked a poll to you before about Dems switching to Trump and vice versa, along with that states across the country are reporting a high number of people switching political parties. Not real indicative of moderates being mythical. And that is the people who actually take the time to switch registration-have to believe there are a lot more that do not bother.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-are-people-changing-their-party-affiliation-this-election-cycle/
LOL I said nothing about everyone being far left or far right. I said that there were no more Reagan Democrats. Those folks were a VERY specific subset of people, and guess what, they are mostly Republicans now. Just like there are no longer any Dixiecrats anymore. That very specific subset moved to the Republican party.

I said nothing about moderates being mythical. You're understanding of this is not even surface deep which explains why you think there not being any Reagan Democrats anymore = no moderates.

LOL I said nothing about everyone being far left or far right. I said that there were no more Reagan Democrats. Those folks were a VERY specific subset of people, and guess what, they are mostly Republicans now. Just like there are no longer any Dixiecrats anymore. That very specific subset moved to the Republican party.

I said nothing about moderates being mythical. You're understanding of this is not even surface deep which explains why you think there not being any Reagan Democrats anymore = no moderates.

I know you said nothing of it, I did, and I explained why you do not think they exist. "Conservative Dems and liberal Republicans are mythological creatures these days." Not sure why you would think that when you see the large number of people switching parties as my link showed. That is indicative of people that are moderates or "conservative Dems" and "liberal Republicans" as you say. People that are will and able to vote for either party. There are plenty out there and polling with v

Well, there goes Rubio.

While state-by-state, Trump may have done what was somewhat expected, his margins in Florida were pretty impressive. If he does that in other big states, he may wrap the nomination up.

What I found interesting was the exit-polling. 25% of Republicans said they would not vote for Trump in the general election. Now, these numbers only mean so much in the snapshot of time. But 25% of your "die-hards" saying they would not vote for their party's candidate is not a good sign. And as we all know, this isn't necessarily a 2 candidate race (ala Obama/Clinton) that was a hard fought race - there's a lot of other contentious issues at play.

However, what's even more surprising to me is 75% of Republicans that voted...would vote for him. I have yet to meet someone who will actually admit they are a supporter of his. Guess I need to get out more.

-I do not know anyone that would vote for Trump either
-I am really surprised Bloomberg or Biden did not jump in. Biden I get, but this election is here for the taking.
-It does not sound good that that many people would not vote for him. And I think Hilary or Bernie beats him. Also would add though that there are reportedly a lot of people switching parties, although I do not know any of them either.

-I do not know anyone that would vote for Trump either
-I am really surprised Bloomberg or Biden did not jump in. Biden I get, but this election is here for the taking.
-It does not sound good that that many people would not vote for him. And I think Hilary or Bernie beats him. Also would add though that there are reportedly a lot of people switching parties, although I do not know any of them either.

First Bernie is done. So even wasting time discussing him is pointless. There will be no free ride for the kids.

Second, people have been switching parties long before the election cycle. In states that stupidly make you declare I some bs party is to blame.

Undeclared voter since 1990. Have voted Republican president in every election I was eligible, but am more blur dog Dem. Thanks toTrump Dems have my vote. A shame a once proud party has completely blown up. And I see no recovery.

I know you said nothing of it, I did, and I explained why you do not think they exist. "Conservative Dems and liberal Republicans are mythological creatures these days." Not sure why you would think that when you see the large number of people switching parties as my link showed. That is indicative of people that are moderates or "conservative Dems" and "liberal Republicans" as you say. People that are will and able to vote for either party. There are plenty out there and polling with v
As usual, you don't understand...saying that there are not many conservative dems or liberal republicans anymore is NOT the same thing as saying "There aren't any moderates."

Think for a few minutes about what that all means, and get back to me.

What would be hilarious is if it comes down to Kasich and Clinton after the conventions and the FBI and the DOJ decide to formally press charges against Hillary. That would absolutely be the capstone of a soap opera election year. I may have to pull out my constitution, but can a person run for president with serious criminal charges against them? Anyways...Good to see you all are still here. How about them Boilers blowing it big time tonight?

As usual, you don't understand...saying that there are not many conservative dems or liberal republicans anymore is NOT the same thing as saying "There aren't any moderates."

Think for a few minutes about what that all means, and get back to me.

Do not have too, as usual Qaz gets beat in a debate, and tries to hang on one word or change entire point in thread.

Do not have too, as usual Qaz gets beat in a debate, and tries to hang on one word or change entire point in thread.
You don't understands any of the words being used, once we can get past that point, we can worry about whether a point has been changed (it hasn't, you just don't understand it) or what word(s) are being "hanged on."

Qaz, While I would agree that the Reagan Democrats were "initially" absorbed into the Republican party, I believe many have moved to the independent category. What does that mean ?

In my own case, it means I was a voter who wanted to throw all the B#$#$ out years ago when I voted for Ross Perot (He scewed up with his running mate selection) then I voted for Reagon, Bush, Bush & Obama.

While I believe more people are becoming aware that their politicians are no longer looking out for their interests, MOST have NO idea just how many laws are being changed behind the seens in support of corporations, the wealthy and the power brokers

Example: I lived in Iowa for 20 years and that state (very quietly) changed their laws so that NOONE could sue corporations for FRAUD ! I didn't put two and two together until reading corporate policy,. . which clearly states: we view all forms of harassment, discrimination, hostility, etc . . as forms of FRAUD ! Hint hint ! Those Republicans also changed laws at the FEDERAL level which gave judges the power to prevent cases against corps , so . . it's virtually impossible now !

That's when moved away from the republican party. Since then the Rep. party has become much more militant (white supremacy factions, etc..) Have always had a major KKK faction , especially in Indiana and in the south, but not as visible as they are becoming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT