ADVERTISEMENT

Trump tries his best to cover up golfing....

lbodel

All-American
Jul 15, 2006
Remember what Trump had to say about Obama playing golf and traveling?

"Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the US, President Obama spent the day playing golf."

"While our wonderful president was out playing golf all day, the TSA is falling apart, just like our government!"

"President Obama played golf yesterday???"

"I would not be a president that takes time off. … You don’t have time to take time off.”

"So, I wouldn’t leave the White House very much because, you know, like little things like these little trips where they get on they cost you a fortune… I am worried about the cost."

So now he has gone to his private club in Florida every weekend so far during his presidency. He's played golf for the last three weeks (one weekend all of the windows were covered so the media couldn't see). And this weekend, stepped it up and lied about it! The White House after not saying where he was all day said he played "a couple holes" over the weekend - but when Rory McIlroy said he got a phone call from Trump and played 18 holes with Trump, well, oops there goes that story! He played golf Saturday and Sunday.

So again....

"Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the US, President Obama spent the day playing golf."
-Donald J. Trump

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Not just golfing they are covering up - Obama [and family] spent $12.1 million for 1 year of travel; Trump [and family] have spent $11.3 million for 1 MONTH of travel. Plus all the money to keep Melania in New York [$1 million + a day] plus money for secret service protection for all of Trump's large family [wife, 5 children, 8 grandchildren], etc. = a very large sum. I don't understand how he is able to go to Mar A Lago every weekend.

politicans are hypocrites. whats new? This is no news to me.

I don't really care, personally, just absurd he spent years criticizing it and is up to it within 2 weeks of beng sworn in. Not to mention....they even lie about golf?

So admirable.

Not just golfing they are covering up - Obama [and family] spent $12.1 million for 1 year of travel; Trump [and family] have spent $11.3 million for 1 MONTH of travel. Plus all the money to keep Melania in New York [$1 million + a day] plus money for secret service protection for all of Trump's large family [wife, 5 children, 8 grandchildren], etc. = a very large sum. I don't understand how he is able to go to Mar A Lago every weekend.

Wow I never thought people on here would be praising Bush. He quit playing golf in 2003 due to wars. And I remember Democrats ripping him for golfing with wars going on and forgetting all about it with Obama. Who gives a crap really-Everybody needs down time, exercising, and relaxation.

Damn in the military we had 30 days of leave, Federal Holidays were four day weekends that if you could not take due to work or deployment were made up to you, and in addition to this there were added 3-4 day weekends added to the training calendar each month. And this was in infantry or smaller more specialized units.

Anyway, guarding the President and his family is expensive. The rules on the book for who is eligible are the rules. Doubt they are getting changed or reduced ever again like they were in the 90's. Trump recently said that Melanie and their son will be in WH full time come summer. Price should go down then. But his property/home in NY will still be guarded.

It costs a few million per year to guard Obama's home in Chicago, which never seems to get talked about. Anyway, he is eligible for that.

As far as all of this vacation debate, anymore, it is not like the President's do not have a secure office and do not work while away. This is 2017, not 1917. Cell phones, fax, email, etc etc make it possible to work remotely whether it was Bush in Kennebunkport or Texas, Obama in Hawaii or Martha Vinyard, etc etc. Not like they cannot reach anyone on a golf course.

Ironically, it was Obama in 2013 who signed the Former President Protection Act and reinstated lifelong protection and other benefits which had been reduced/ended in the mid nineties.

Recently, democratic presidents(Clinton, Obama) have taken few vacation days than republican ones (Reagan, GWB, and Trump so far). Not that it matters much. I just wish in the future, our dear colleagues from the right can stop criticizing dem Presidents for the few days they do take.

Link?

Wow I never thought people on here would be praising Bush. He quit playing golf in 2003 due to wars. And I remember Democrats ripping him for golfing with wars going on and forgetting all about it with Obama. Who gives a crap really-Everybody needs down time, exercising, and relaxation.

Damn in the military we had 30 days of leave, Federal Holidays were four day weekends that if you could not take due to work or deployment were made up to you, and in addition to this there were added 3-4 day weekends added to the training calendar each month. And this was in infantry or smaller more specialized units.

Anyway, guarding the President and his family is expensive. The rules on the book for who is eligible are the rules. Doubt they are getting changed or reduced ever again like they were in the 90's. Trump recently said that Melanie and their son will be in WH full time come summer. Price should go down then. But his property/home in NY will still be guarded.

It costs a few million per year to guard Obama's home in Chicago, which never seems to get talked about. Anyway, he is eligible for that.

As far as all of this vacation debate, anymore, it is not like the President's do not have a secure office and do not work while away. This is 2017, not 1917. Cell phones, fax, email, etc etc make it possible to work remotely whether it was Bush in Kennebunkport or Texas, Obama in Hawaii or Martha Vinyard, etc etc. Not like they cannot reach anyone on a golf course.

Ironically, it was Obama in 2013 who signed the Former President Protection Act and reinstated lifelong protection and other benefits which had been reduced/ended in the mid nineties.

The reason this is even a thing is because of Trump's own words stating he would never do what he is doing now. He complained about Obama playing golf (he's played multiple rounds already), he complained about the Obamas traveling (he has yet to stay in DC one weekend) and he complained about Obama using Air Force One to go to campaign events (which Trump did over the weekend). The White House is now even lying about him playing golf.

And yes, of course these things apply to other presidents - I don't think anyone denies that. And of course they work when they are away from the White House - but so did Obama and that didn't stop Trump from complaining all the time. Right?

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done.”

Last edited:
Nope, nice try.
Interesting. Common sense would certainly lead one to believe that the violent tendencies of the left (especially when they gather in large groups in public) would cause law enforcement to step up their efforts to keep the President and his family safe.

Interesting. Common sense would certainly lead one to believe that the violent tendencies of the left (especially when they gather in large groups in public) would cause law enforcement to step up their efforts to keep the President and his family safe.

do you feel this exceeds any increases obama likely saw when he became president?

do you feel this exceeds any increases obama likely saw when he became president?
Obama didn't own all of the real estate that Trump owns nor did we see the daily violent protests in the streets from the right when Obama became POTUS.

Obama didn't own all of the real estate that Trump owns nor did we see the daily violent protests in the streets from the right when Obama became POTUS.

yes the protests were slightly different.
likely fewer less organized but i imagine caused concern nonetheless

The reason this is even a thing is because of Trump's own words stating he would never do what he is doing now. He complained about Obama playing golf (he's played multiple rounds already), he complained about the Obamas traveling (he has yet to stay in DC one weekend) and he complained about Obama using Air Force One to go to campaign events (which Trump did over the weekend). The White House is now even lying about him playing golf.

And yes, of course these things apply to other presidents - I don't think anyone denies that. And of course they work when they are away from the White House - but so did Obama and that didn't stop Trump from complaining all the time. Right?

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done.”

Nope. But like my post said, who cares? It is a campaigning tactic that people running for President use when the media or a government office states how much it costs to protect the President, his assets, his family etc. Really should be a non point but people get caught up in it.

And I thought he was golfing/spending time with PM of Japan down in FL? Like my post also said is that vacation, I guess in a way, but he is also working.

Really a non issue as long at the tab accrued is within the rules/laws of what is allowed.

Want it to be cheaper, have a President that does not have houses/property anywhere else, no kids, not married, and does not travel. That or change the rules as to what is allowed protection in a way that lessens it and not extends the list.

Remember what Trump had to say about Obama playing golf and traveling?

"While our wonderful president was out playing golf all day, the TSA is falling apart, just like our government!"

"President Obama played golf yesterday???"

"I would not be a president that takes time off. … You don’t have time to take time off.”

"So, I wouldn’t leave the White House very much because, you know, like little things like these little trips where they get on they cost you a fortune… I am worried about the cost."

So now he has gone to his private club in Florida every weekend so far during his presidency. He's played golf for the last three weeks (one weekend all of the windows were covered so the media couldn't see). And this weekend, stepped it up and lied about it! The White House after not saying where he was all day said he played "a couple holes" over the weekend - but when Rory McIlroy said he got a phone call from Trump and played 18 holes with Trump, well, oops there goes that story! He played golf Saturday and Sunday.

So again....

-Donald J. Trump

If this is all you have to bitch about our new President, then you're certainly looking for something to bitch about our new President. Why not just take a break, have a beer or three, and let's see how he does. So far, a lot of folks believe he's doing exactly what he said he'd do and why he was elected. So...he owns golf courses and as President he takes Japan's leader and others out for a round of golf....BFD!

Nope. But like my post said, who cares? It is a campaigning tactic that people running for President use when the media or a government office states how much it costs to protect the President, his assets, his family etc. Really should be a non point but people get caught up in it.

And I thought he was golfing/spending time with PM of Japan down in FL? Like my post also said is that vacation, I guess in a way, but he is also working.

Really a non issue as long at the tab accrued is within the rules/laws of what is allowed.

Want it to be cheaper, have a President that does not have houses/property anywhere else, no kids, not married, and does not travel. That or change the rules as to what is allowed protection in a way that lessens it and not extends the list.
What these "whiner's" fail to mention is that Obama's mother-in-law lived in the WH for free on the taxpayer's expense for Obama's eight years. They're simply still butt-hurt because the fat, ugly girl lost the bid to replace their hero.

You obviously have a different definition of the word "slightly" than I.
not referring to frequency or number of people. I think we are on the same argument.
rather the type/nature of the protests is all (anti black vs whatever anti-trump entails)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT