ADVERTISEMENT

Truly feel IU is NOT…

pboiler18

All-American
May 13, 2014
More talented than us but it’s pretty obvious that coaching means a lot to their success.

People on here over the summer got too tied up in recruiting rankings of this coach, recruiting rankings of the previous coach and not focused on the actual on field results.

Most every FBS team has enough talent to win 6…the true difference is what is the staff doing scheme wise to get the most out of what they do have?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Agree completely that coaching is the main difference. IU may be more talented. I can't claim that I know that much about their roster. But I think their coach knows who he is and what he wants to do. He knows what he needs to do what he wants to do and doesn't need 4-star talent at every position to succeed. If I'm not mistaken, he brought alot with him from JMU. That's what we had with Tiller and Brohm.

Reactions: pboiler18
More talented than us but it’s pretty obvious that coaching means a lot to their success.

People on here over the summer got too tied up in recruiting rankings of this coach, recruiting rankings of the previous coach and not focused on the actual on field results.

Most every FBS team has enough talent to win 6…the true difference is what is the staff doing scheme wise to get the most out of what they do have?
Wouldn't be the first time that people have complained about recruiting rankings on here.

If we get someone that is not in the Rivals Top 75 in basketball, people are ready to say that Painter cannot recruit.

Agree completely that coaching is the main difference. IU may be more talented. I can't claim that I know that much about their roster. But I think their coach knows who he is and what he wants to do. He knows what he needs to do what he wants to do and doesn't need 4-star talent at every position to succeed. If I'm not mistaken, he brought alot with him from JMU. That's what we had with Tiller and Brohm.
His team is disciplined. Ours is … not.

Reactions: boilermaker75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT