ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble Williams.

That would be best for IU. Not knocking Ramsey but he isn't the future. I would think Tuttle or Penix just because of Ramsey's lack of arm strength. We know you better be able to throw down field or have a Moore type player to be a play maker.
Yeah I agree. Love Ramsey, but Tuttle and Penix just have far better arm talent.

For whatever reason even if Purdue has a mediocre/bad season, we still manage to regularly pull at least one massive upset every few years that puts our team in the national spotlight. What is iu's best win in the past few years? Honestly not sure. Glad we have brohm, iu's coach seems to be recruiting good as well. Remains to be seen if their recruiting will translate to on field success. As long as they're in the east, most likely 7 wins is a dream scenario.

For whatever reason even if Purdue has a mediocre/bad season, we still manage to regularly pull at least one massive upset every few years that puts our team in the national spotlight. What is iu's best win in the past few years? Honestly not sure. Glad we have brohm, iu's coach seems to be recruiting good as well. Remains to be seen if their recruiting will translate to on field success. As long as they're in the east, most likely 7 wins is a dream scenario.
IU’s biggest win in the past 5 years was over an MSU team that finished the year 3-9. As for the myth that the East is what’s holding IU football back, keep in mind that IU has 6 wins against the West division in the last 6 years. None have come against teams other than Purdue (4, Hazell years) or Illinois (2).

IU’s biggest win in the past 5 years was over an MSU team that finished the year 3-9. As for the myth that the East is what’s holding IU football back, keep in mind that IU has 6 wins against the West division in the last 6 years. None have come against teams other than Purdue (4, Hazell years) or Illinois (2).

IU's win at Mizzou a few years ago in a season where Mizzou went on to win the SEC West is a far better win than the win over MSU.

Talk about an anomaly, and two teams with completely different trajectories. IU lost the previous week to Bowling Green, on the way to a 4-8 season.

Sudfeld and his backup Chris Covington both were lost for the season the next week in the Iowa game. They had to go with the 160 pound true freshman Zander Diamont at qb the rest of the season, his only win coming against Purdue in the bucket game. Amazingly, Tevin Coleman was still able to rush for 2,000 yards that season despite the anemic passing offense.

Reactions: BTBall and ChuckJr
Sudfeld and his backup Chris Covington both were lost for the season the next week in the Iowa game. They had to go with the 160 pound true freshman Zander Diamont at qb the rest of the season, his only win coming against Purdue in the bucket game. Amazingly, Tevin Coleman was still able to rush for 2,000 yards that season despite the anemic passing offense.

Every team deals with injuries.

I even recall a team that had their starting QB go down with a season-ending injury, then a 2nd QB tear an ACL, yet go the remaining 4 games, including a bowl win...

By the way, the IU/Iowa game was 3 games later.

Every team deals with injuries.

I even recall a team that had their starting QB go down with a season-ending injury, then a 2nd QB tear an ACL, yet go the remaining 4 games, including a bowl win...

By the way, the IU/Iowa game was 3 games later.

IU literally only had 1 qb that season. Cam Coffman transferred in the offseason because he was going to be 3rd string. Tre Roberson transferred in the summer because he wasn’t going to be the starter. Chris Covington was recruited as an LB but played qb because of the lack of depth, then tore his acl when he got in. Diamont was supposed to be a redshirt/project but ended up starting 6 games. Just another cursed season in the history of IU football.

IU literally only had 1 qb that season. Cam Coffman transferred in the offseason because he was going to be 3rd string. Tre Roberson transferred in the summer because he wasn’t going to be the starter. Chris Covington was recruited as an LB but played qb because of the lack of depth, then tore his acl when he got in. Diamont was supposed to be a redshirt/project but ended up starting 6 games. Just another cursed season in the history of IU football.

'Literally'???

Like, literally, it sounds like an excuse. 4-8.

Stop making excuses. One program went UP, the other went DOWN. Mizzou went UP.... IU went DOWN.

Injuries are an excuse. Next man up. Unless, of course, you cannot ... "man up."

Nobody understands injuries like Purdue fans.

BUT...! ... just play.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

'Literally'???

Like, literally, it sounds like an excuse. 4-8.

Stop making excuses. One program went UP, the other went DOWN. Mizzou went UP.... IU went DOWN.

Injuries are an excuse. Next man up. Unless, of course, you cannot ... "man up."

Nobody understands injuries like Purdue fans.

BUT...! ... just play.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Got it. Sorry to hijack the thread. Just saw the mention of the Mizzou game and remembered what a strange season that was. Injuries happen to everyone.

In reinvigorating the fan base, I think Purdue has been more aggressive scheduling worthy opponents. Winning the fans comes first. Then we can focus on the other stuff. But there will be a bias against Purdue until they can prove they are worth national attention so a tougher schedule increases their chances at a good bowl or playoff series. As they say, just win baby.
I have to say that I agree with your sentiment. It is nice to look at our schedule and go....the games are against relevant programs regionally/nationally and they are games that Purdue should and could win. We aren't getting NMSU, Indiana State, and North Texas. Honestly, Purdue would probably average 20k for those types of games. But you want to develop a culture of coming to home games and challenging yourself throughout the entire year WITHOUT making it just ridiculous for yourself. Nobody is claiming to go schedule Clemson, Alabama, and Oregon for your non-conference opponents...but sensible scheduling like Bobinski and Brohm are doing is just great work.

Honest question: Was Purdue shocked by his commitment to IU or is or was it just us the fans, reading what we read on this site and others? I guess I am asking did the Coaches know he wasn't a lock for us and knew it was a toss-up choice with his final schools!

Honest question: Was Purdue shocked by his commitment to IU or is or was it just us the fans, reading what we read on this site and others? I guess I am asking did the Coaches know he wasn't a lock for us and knew it was a toss-up choice with his final schools!

I find it hard to believe the coaches knew. Grant was tweeting him up to the choice and saying Purdue, even people during the feed were saying it would be Purdue. My guess is that the IU staff knew though.

I believe the staff knew which way he was leaning. Maybe they asked Grant to help sway him to purdue. he just committed, he didn't sign an LOI yet.

it's the same with the QB situation. I have to believe brohm knew Van Dyke and McQuarrie were looking elsewhere. And that was a reason he made offers to two other QBs and started hard recruiting Prater.

the question is, how definite is his knowledge, or did the recruit basically say he was leaning elsewhere.

it's the same with painter and Langford. As fans, you could basically see that while the web sites still had Purdue recruiting Langford, that both Langford and painter had moved on.

it was sort of like that with several football recruits last year. you knew the longer it played out, that they weren't coming. When a coach starts recruiting other players at the same position, that's a sign Plan A either went or is considering going elsewhere.

I wouldn’t call iu football cursed. Have they had great seasons derailed by bad luck or injuries? Being terrible year after year isn’t bad luck, it’s bad leadership

I wouldn’t call iu football cursed. Have they had great seasons derailed by bad luck or injuries? Being terrible year after year isn’t bad luck, it’s bad leadership
If you’re the worst program in FBS history, more losses than any other team in the FBS, last bowl win was 27 years ago, 1 winning season in 25 years; it’s not matter of bad luck, it’s incompetence.

Not making excuses for the futile history of IUFB, but that year was really bad luck/timing.

After spring practice Tre Roberson transferred. Just before fall camp Cam Coffman transferred. Then the Iowa game we lost both Sudfeld and Covington for the year.

Diamont was expected to RS because he was the 5th QB when he enrolled in January that year. He started half the year.

Not making excuses for the futile history of IUFB, but that year was really bad luck/timing.

After spring practice Tre Roberson transferred. Just before fall camp Cam Coffman transferred. Then the Iowa game we lost both Sudfeld and Covington for the year.

Diamont was expected to RS because he was the 5th QB when he enrolled in January that year. He started half the year.

These two things are both true. IU has historically been a losing football program, and that IU team's season was completely derailed when it lost an NFL QB and didn't have a decent back up in place.

Looks like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Reactions: Purdue85
What is your gut on where he goes? And what time is he supposed to commit? Also, that seems like an odd top 5 for an elite receiver. Obviously Purdue is awesome and West Virginia has been good but IU, Syracuse and Cincy? I would have figured Michigan and Michigan State or even Kentucky instead of those

It isn’t Trouble, it’s “Troule”.

IU has been trying to schedule themselves into bowls for decades, it never works. They don't play a Power 5 team in the non-conference until 2023. That's embarrassing, and what's even more embarrassing is that the weak scheduling won't work and they'll still be sitting at home during bowl season.

I heard IU tried to schedule a game with the Indiana School for the Blind but IU wouldn’t commit because it was a home and away game offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT