ADVERTISEMENT

Trevion U19 Tryouts

Also, does anyone know his measurements (wingspan and hand size more specifically). In the Purdue video from summer practice there is a clip of him grabbing a rebound way out of his bubble and ripping it in with one hand. In this clips he extends that arm way out to create space. Just curious.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I saw a comment on Twitter... suggested an offensive foul for the chicken wing... I hope Trevion stays out of foul trouble this year as he is a beast when he’s on the floor

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I saw a comment on Twitter... suggested an offensive foul for the chicken wing... I hope Trevion stays out of foul trouble this year as he is a beast when he’s on the floor

I bet that's 50-50 in a real game. Didn't look egregious as he looked to stop his hand before he tugged the jersey almost like a check swing in baseball. Happ got away with that for four years because he was really good about not grabbing the opponents jersey.

A couple of thoughts on the video:
-Nice job by Tre to feel the defender leaning his body weight into Tre’s back on the high side.
-Poor job by the defender doing the above. He needs to push with the forearm without leaning his body weight against him so he’s not off balance when Tre drop steps or spins baseline. Bend the knees and remain balanced.
-I bet Tre has backed that kid down a few times which is why he is leaning. That power, quickness, long arms and fantastic hands combo is hard to handle.
-If Tre keeps that elbow bent and uses the elbow to nail the defender in or below the ribs instead of extending the arm and hand behind him the chicken wing is converted to pain. More effective and less likely to get a whistle.;)

-Nice job by Tre to feel the defender leaning his body weight into Tre’s back on the high side.
-Poor job by the defender doing the above. He needs to push with the forearm without leaning his body weight against him so he’s not off balance when Tre drop steps or spins baseline. Bend the knees and remain balanced.
-I bet Tre has backed that kid down a few times which is why he is leaning. That power, quickness, long arms and fantastic hands combo is hard to handle.
-If Tre keeps that elbow bent and uses the elbow to nail the defender in or below the ribs instead of extending the arm and hand behind him the chicken wing is converted to pain. More effective and less likely to get a whistle.;)
And I hope that teams learn they can't stop him by fouling.

That up and under move was nasty! If he can show a strong post game teams will be forced to double him on the block and with his passing ability Purdue should get a lot of open threes.

Or some monster dunks to anyone cutting to the basket.

Not sure but Painter said he would not make the team if he did not get down to 260 lbs. Considering MP is on the board of directors for USA basketball I am sure there was meaning behind his comments.

That was Painter’s comment, something along the lines of he makes the team at 260, doesn’t at 280. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out as he looks a lot closer to 280 to me in that video.

Yeah, that was a hook. Needs a bit less extension to the hook...nothing past elbow and can probably not get called

I see there was no need for me to type as you addressed his arm extension

Not sure but Painter said he would not make the team if he did not get down to 260 lbs. Considering MP is on the board of directors for USA basketball I am sure there was meaning behind his comments.
In the perfect attendance gathering Matt stated that the air would be thin for the try outs relative to tre I never heard Matt specify a weight number only that losing weight would be beneficial

Reactions: 3generboiler
Reactions: tjreese and Schnelk
We will see if he makes the team. Not sure if his weight (if he is still losing) is that big of a deal but it was perfect timing for Painter to continue to push the issue. He expects TW to get to 260 and he is holding him to it.

Reactions: Schnelk
I never really thought about Purdue's dunking rate next season, but it might be quite spectacular. With increased usage of players like Wheeler, Williams, Eastern, and Haarms, we may be treated to quite a few dunkfests and nasty slams.
Don’t forget Dowuona, assuming he gets playing time. I saw him do a reverse two handed dunk during warmups prior to a game in Mackey before his injury.

Trevion and Haarms will both be a load down low. If we get any positive minutes for ED then that’s just a bonus. This team might not have an all American but they’ll have multiple shooters-down low presence, and several players that cause matchup issues. I don’t think it’s out of the realm to see this team compete again for a conference championship. Can’t wait-

Trevion and Haarms will both be a load down low. If we get any positive minutes for ED then that’s just a bonus. This team might not have an all American but they’ll have multiple shooters-down low presence, and several players that cause matchup issues. I don’t think it’s out of the realm to see this team compete again for a conference championship. Can’t wait-
This team should also be top of the league on defense. I am also quite anxious to see what they can do.

Reactions: neckster87
Also, does anyone know his measurements (wingspan and hand size more specifically). In the Purdue video from summer practice there is a clip of him grabbing a rebound way out of his bubble and ripping it in with one hand. In this clips he extends that arm way out to create space. Just curious.
USA Basketball has updated measurements of 6’9 and 280 from this tryout. Looking for other measurements but coming up emput.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT