ADVERTISEMENT

Trevion puttin’ In some work

OMG he is going to be a monster!
I know guards are incredibly important but I just love post play. Tre is giving us both in one rather powerful package.
There is a very good chance he moves to the forward position along side Haarms. Tre just has to translate those workout skills to scrimmage to real games.
I can’t wait for the season!

Looks like he’s dropped another 10-15 lbs since the end of the season. Looks quicker and seems to have more lift and really surprised by his ball handling. His jumper looks pretty pure with really good form, hope it translates to the ft line because he’s going to spend a lot of time there the next couple of seasons. I think my favorite part of the video is the back to the basketball work off the glass. I think that is one of the most under utilized skills in the game today, especially since it is such a high percentage shot.

Looks like he’s dropped another 10-15 lbs since the end of the season. Looks quicker and seems to have more lift and really surprised by his ball handling. His jumper looks pretty pure with really good form, hope it translates to the ft line because he’s going to spend a lot of time there the next couple of seasons. I think my favorite part of the video is the back to the basketball work off the glass. I think that is one of the most under utilized skills in the game today, especially since it is such a high percentage shot.
If Tre can guard the four, our lineup could consist of players, all of whom have played well in an elite 8 game. That could be huge!

The future looks bright.

The ball handling jumps at me as well. Not because he has the moves but how much quicker his dribble moves have become since last year.

Tre and Harms are the least of my concerns on offense as I believe both will be really good scorers. I’m concerned about getting the ball to them. Cline and Carsen were our best guys at feeding the ball to them last year as they learned to do that feeding Haas. Our current guys have yet to show that skill. I also believe our first half dozen games will be telling as I think teams will attempt to deny the ball to them and make our other guys prove they can shoot the 3. That will also set the tone for who gets the playing time in our 3 guard offense.

Reactions: drewjin
Tre and Harms are the least of my concerns on offense as I believe both will be really good scorers. I’m concerned about getting the ball to them. Cline and Carsen were our best guys at feeding the ball to them last year as they learned to do that feeding Haas. Our current guys have yet to show that skill. I also believe our first half dozen games will be telling as I think teams will attempt to deny the ball to them and make our other guys prove they can shoot the 3. That will also set the tone for who gets the playing time in our 3 guard offense.
I think we'll be fine, alot of people were saying the same thing after pj, vince, and Mathias graduated.

Reactions: drewjin
So many underestimate some of these players on this team ppl see what they wanna see however Cline and carsen we’re not the only ones that fed the post others on this team can shoot score and pass to the post when u not playing much it’s hard to get into a groove of the game now many of them will play more watch you see more of there game when many now get to touch the ball and play more min

I had him as my breakout player for next year in that thread. Has a fantastic skill set. Now with conditioning and weight loss and a full offseason plus a year experience, he is going to be a beast. He showed it this year for a chunk of games then went unproductive for a stretch but I doubt he disappears next year

Good to see him working. He has a shot for a bright future if he works as though there is no tomorrow, because somebody on another team is working hard. If his endurance improves, he will be a force. Happy for him. Now, if the coach in the video will help him a bit with his reverse dribble, his move will improve a sec and the D will have less room to recover. He keeps his hand on the ball (good), but doesn't pull it enough and doesn't keep it close enough to his body until he switches hands and so he goes wider than he should. That ball and leg need to move together to take up the distance and get his position on the reverse.

Tre is working hard...coach..help him a bit more to get there!!! ;)

So many underestimate some of these players on this team ppl see what they wanna see however Cline and carsen we’re not the only ones that fed the post others on this team can shoot score and pass to the post when u not playing much it’s hard to get into a groove of the game now many of them will play more watch you see more of there game when many now get to touch the ball and play more min
I loved Haas, but he was a lot harder to feed than Haarms or Tre. Limited mobility and not the greatest hands.

You just get it in Tre’s vicinity and he bear traps that thing. And Haarms is so long and athletic.

I kept trying to decide whether he was using one of those small balls they used to use (still do?) to help with shooting technique. Nope. It's a regular size ball in very large hands.
his hands are huge...did well behind his back and through his legs, but his reverse dribble has to get closer to his body and he has to pull it to where it needs to be...

Offensively Haarms and Tre make sense; the question will be about matchups on the defensive end. I do think we’ll lineups early in the year with both, and Wheeler at the 3 spot.

Offensively Haarms and Tre make sense; the question will be about matchups on the defensive end. I do think we’ll lineups early in the year with both, and Wheeler at the 3 spot.
That is a reasonable thought due to "some" youth in the backcourt, but offense takes time and quickness finds quickness quicker that quickness finds length sometimes. Offense flows better in small ball many times than some power, especially early in the season. could be right? I have no idea and is why I really like the scrimmages early

"Handy Sandy"

mr6Q9FI.gif

Yeah I remember Hunter and Eastern feeding the post quite a bit through the season. I think we will be just fine. After watching the Eastern and Williams videos, and knowing that everyone else on the team is working just as
hard(hopefully), I think we could be a very dangerous team.

Eastern and Williams played so well together and had great chemistry. Those two are going to have monster years. They will feed of each other and Eastern will have no issue feeding the post off the pick and roll with his ability to attack the rim. The offense will look very different, but I don’t think it will be “worse”. Just more attacking and using athleticism to our advantage. Should be a very fun year to be honest.

Eastern and Williams played so well together and had great chemistry. Those two are going to have monster years. They will feed of each other and Eastern will have no issue feeding the post off the pick and roll with his ability to attack the rim. The offense will look very different, but I don’t think it will be “worse”. Just more attacking and using athleticism to our advantage. Should be a very fun year to be honest.

Looking forward to plenty more Big Tre - Nojel Beastern moments.....

giphy.gif

Is there anything more valuable in the off-season then working on your weaknesses? This, along with NE’s tweet-video are great sites to see!
It’s very nice that they are posting to let us in on it just a little. It’s fun to see behind the curtain just a bit.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Good to see him working. He has a shot for a bright future if he works as though there is no tomorrow, because somebody on another team is working hard. If his endurance improves, he will be a force. Happy for him. Now, if the coach in the video will help him a bit with his reverse dribble, his move will improve a sec and the D will have less room to recover. He keeps his hand on the ball (good), but doesn't pull it enough and doesn't keep it close enough to his body until he switches hands and so he goes wider than he should. That ball and leg need to move together to take up the distance and get his position on the reverse.

Tre is working hard...coach..help him a bit more to get there!!! ;)
Sir just curious are you a coach if so just asking. Also maybe your right in some of your assessment in watching a video showing Tre skill set while he’s working on his game I’m certain if he has the ability to show some of his ball handling skills shooting in games what 5 man will be able to stay in front of him even dribbling the way he is now. Summer is all these players working on there games not just there weakness nobody on this site knows there day to day routine and what they do on there own to work on parts of there game to get better at and perfect what they do best. All I’m saying with his ability to dribble the ball at 6”9 at 265 pounds and move the way he does doing those things is pretty impressive to say the least and while what u say may somewhat be correct I just know if most 4/5 man trying to guard him with him being able to do any of these things in this video along with his passing skills that kid is gonna be a major major problem to handle defensively. It’s crazy to read some posts and how many want to critique some of these players games I get it we all are coaches and a website but trust and believe these players have more to there game than many of you get to see and what u see in that video IMO is a kid working on his game to be ready for the season and showing other parts of his game he’s skilled enough to do them that in itself is impressive.

Nojel has more to his game than what was showed bcuz he wasn’t confident in his shooting which took some toll on other parts of his game but passing the ball whether to the post or cross court or any facet of passing that was never and never will be an issue for a kid who loves to pass the ball anyway. A confident Nojel is gonna be a problem if u ever saw him play in HS he did it all pass shoot rebounded played all 5 positions and displayed an ability to break defenses down offensively whether it be passing attackingbthe basket feeding the past scoring in a variety of ways posting up making his teammates so much better bcuz most teams defenses was trying to stop him offensively bcuz he cud do everything and whatever defenses through at him he countered with other ways of beating teams with either passin scoring shooting posting setting his teammates up to score themselves he just found ways no matter what defense through at him his play making skills always kicked in and that kid come back with his confidence in all aspects of his game including shooting the ball like he did b4 trust me you haven’t seen what he can do yet why he and all the others are working on there games to come back with lots to prove to themselves that that will be contenders to win the big 10 title again and get past the elite 8 and try all they can to win a national championship that is why these young skilled talented players are working they hungry and ready to prove to themsel they are gonna be in dog fights in games I’m excited to watch these boys grow and mature what we all gonna see is a team of players knowing what’s stacked up against them like every season when u loose players doubted why they working to show what they lost like every team do they still gonna be darn good bcuz they know what others are saying they working to prove them wrong once again.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Sir just curious are you a coach if so just asking. Also maybe your right in some of your assessment in watching a video showing Tre skill set while he’s working on his game I’m certain if he has the ability to show some of his ball handling skills shooting in games what 5 man will be able to stay in front of him even dribbling the way he is now. Summer is all these players working on there games not just there weakness nobody on this site knows there day to day routine and what they do on there own to work on parts of there game to get better at and perfect what they do best. All I’m saying with his ability to dribble the ball at 6”9 at 265 pounds and move the way he does doing those things is pretty impressive to say the least and while what u say may somewhat be correct I just know if most 4/5 man trying to guard him with him being able to do any of these things in this video along with his passing skills that kid is gonna be a major major problem to handle defensively. It’s crazy to read some posts and how many want to critique some of these players games I get it we all are coaches and a website but trust and believe these players have more to there game than many of you get to see and what u see in that video IMO is a kid working on his game to be ready for the season and showing other parts of his game he’s skilled enough to do them that in itself is impressive.
It really is quite simple. Tre at 6'9" and 265 pounds does a very good job handling the ball. I think I may have already said that? Tre is very skilled and working hard and I wish him well. Tre does a good job dribbling behind his back and through his legs...nobody was knocking Tre at all.

However, what I said is 100% correct. Anyone that "teaches" a reverse dribble knows you must keep the ball in close and PULL the ball with the hand already on it following your leg in a similar drop step fashion. Not doing that loses space and takes longer. My issue if you read it again will probably show a concern for the "coach" not helping Tre with this as playing in the low post which Tre will some if not all will benefit from a proper reverse dribble and drop step than going through his legs which is more beneficial facing the basket. It is not about me, but I do hate seeing coaches not helping with everything when something can be fixed. (I never mentioned in one shot Tre's wrist turning inward instead of towards the basket (a sign of fatigue) as were most of his shots. I have a lot of hope for that young man and know it is the little things that make a difference and hope he gets help on every single little thing that can be helped...

I don't criticize players, but can and do critique them in things that could help them...and...improvement for Tre in his reverse dribble will help Tre...and I want him to reach his goals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT