ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Singleton

How does an offer 'stay on the books' if we're no longer recruiting a player? I could be wrong, but I don't think it works that way, i.e. I don't think schools typically formally rescind an offer, they just stop recruiting a player. If a player is really interested in a school that stops recruiting them they may ask if they still have a committable offer, but I believe it generally just fizzles out once a school stops pursuing.
I believe the recruit needs to have language similar to “no take backs” added to the offer or else the school can rescind the offer at any time 😂

How does an offer 'stay on the books' if we're no longer recruiting a player? I could be wrong, but I don't think it works that way, i.e. I don't think schools typically formally rescind an offer, they just stop recruiting a player. If a player is really interested in a school that stops recruiting them they may ask if they still have a committable offer, but I believe it generally just fizzles out once a school stops pursuing.
I'm not sure if we know whether it remained on the books, since the school is not allowed to discuss unsigned recruits. All information about offers come from the players. The offer may continue to appear on the recruiting boards, but those typically remain even after a player is playing for his chosen school.

You are saying the same thing that I said, no longer active pursuit but the offer was made and not rescinded as far as we know.

Thanks. Guess I missed the story about his visit being cancelled.
I’m pretty sure I have this correct, I had been looking into Reibe on line and I remember one of the sites said that he was no longer planning to visit as we were shifting away from his recruitment. I guess I remember because the information on him looked like a very good Purdue recruit and there had appeared to be mutual interest. Oh well it doesn’t matter he’s not going to be a Boilermaker.

Cut his list down…I’d say we are the better program on this list

It’s Clemson, Northwestern, Butler, UVA, Xavier, Louisville, ND and Purdue.

Visits scheduled:

• August 30th: Louisville
  • September 6-8: Butler
  • September 13-15: Purdue
  • September 28th: Notre Dame
  • October 4th: Clemson

Last edited:
Cut his list down…I’d say we are the better program on this list

It’s Clemson, Northwestern, Butler, UVA, Xavier, Louisville, ND and Purdue.

Visits scheduled:

• August 30th: Louisville
  • September 6-8: Butler
  • September 13-15: Purdue
  • September 28th: Notre Dame
  • October 4th: Clemson
Tend to agree although Louisville has deep pockets and UVA has a Natty. Would hate to lose a priority guy to one of those other programs.

Tend to agree although Louisville has deep pockets and UVA has a Natty. Would hate to lose a priority guy to one of those other programs.
Consistently the better program. Louisville has been awful but yes has deep pockets. He’s in their backyard but I don’t think they’d spend major $$$$ for him. UVA has that one natty and that’s it…they’ve been very bad outside of that one run.

But yeah, who knows what will happen. I wonder if he commits, then it sets off others at his position to not commit here…time will tell.

What he said!

Pick 3~ HEY WOLE BOY - I put myself out there again!!!!!
Sisley
Khamenia
Singleton
Your point? I thought you had blocked me. Yet you want me to respond to your post? Ok . If we are so great, why are offering a player who is not even one of the top 50 players or even top 5 in the state? Or even at a position of actual need? I used to ask the same question of Hazell’s recruits. Why should we be pursuing this guy? Why are we not concentrating on closing the deal with the other players we already offered?

And your reply, it reveals you didn’t block me, you just lied out of your mouth! And people believe you because this is your board and not mine! You are the all knowing.

I’m just a person who speculates and posts things and asks questions people don’t want to ask publicly!

Like if Harris beats out miles, will he remain at Purdue? Or will he transfer? Or if Myles wins out, will Harris stay? And what about Mullins?

I still believe Jacobson will end up being our starter at the center. Tkr will play the 4. And we really don’t need to sign any more players to play the 4.

Your point? I thought you had blocked me. Yet you want me to respond to your post? Ok . If we are so great, why are offering a player who is not even one of the top 50 players or even top 5 in the state? Or even at a position of actual need? I used to ask the same question of Hazell’s recruits. Why should we be pursuing this guy? Why are we not concentrating on closing the deal with the other players we already offered?

And your reply, it reveals you didn’t block me, you just lied out of your mouth! And people believe you because this is your board and not mine! You are the all knowing.

I’m just a person who speculates and posts things and asks questions people don’t want to ask publicly!

Like if Harris beats out miles, will he remain at Purdue? Or will he transfer? Or if Myles wins out, will Harris stay? And what about Mullins?

I still believe Jacobson will end up being our starter at the center. Tkr will play the 4. And we really don’t need to sign any more players to play the 4.
No one will be surprised if DJ starts at 5 and TKR at 4. And the answer is No to both questions about Myles and Harris.

Singleton is shooting up recruiting rankings. But if you have been paying attention the last 8 years or so (1 F4, 2 E8, 5 S16s, 8 NCAATs, 4 B1G ships, 1 BTT ship, 3 straight years of being ranked number 1 and straight dominance of the B1G and not losing a non conf game in the regular season for 3 straight years), Painter does not care about stars or rankings. He just takes the players and makes them the best they can be…hence 2 top 9 lotto picks in one class—one was top 100 and the other was 436th.

So with that said, what are our needs for next year, Wole? If everyone is back as expected from this year (besides Furst), who do we need? I’d say we need a slashing guard and a slashing forward….singleton fits the slashing forward role—as does Sisley and the others that have been mentioned.

And Hazel had absolutely no idea was he was doing, so I wouldn’t mention him in the same sentence with Painter and recruiting.

That’s a good reply unlike what chi chi and doo dah night post.

From my perspective what Purdue really needs is an actual small forward to play the 3 position. But Painter loves to fill that position with a guard rather than a forward. I look forward to the day Painter changes his philosophy and fills the 3 with an actual 6-7. - 6-9 forward.

This player may be a nice player, but I don’t see him playing anything else besides the 4. And I believe we already have enough current players And other prospects to play the four.

Purdue basketball is a lot like the Packers. They have a great team and a great recent history. But to me, rather than looking at players to maintain the great history, they should be looking to add players to take us to that next level. And part of that means a little change in how we play and the players we add to the team.

Painter is a good judge of talent. But could he change his philosophy to the type of players he recruits and the style of basketball Purdue plays? He has a certain style of play. And most players know what it is.

Will we ever see a 3 that’s an actual forward become the focal point of this team? I doubt it. I’m not saying that’s wrong. What I’m saying is if Painter is recruiting a 6/7 - 6/9 player, despite what position they play in high school, painter is looking at that player to play the 4. And that’s fine. But what I’m also saying is the 4 is not currently a position of need. That’s why I question recruiting this player.

Along the same lines, I see Sisley also as a 4.

From my perspective what Purdue really needs is an actual small forward to play the 3 position. But Painter loves to fill that position with a guard rather than a forward. I look forward to the day Painter changes his philosophy and fills the 3 with an actual 6-7. - 6-9 forward.

This player may be a nice player, but I don’t see him playing anything else besides the 4. And I believe we already have enough current players And other prospects to play the four.

Purdue basketball is a lot like the Packers. They have a great team and a great recent history. But to me, rather than looking at players to maintain the great history, they should be looking to add players to take us to that next level. And part of that means a little change in how we play and the players we add to the team.

Painter is a good judge of talent. But could he change his philosophy to the type of players he recruits and the style of basketball Purdue plays? He has a certain style of play. And most players know what it is.

Will we ever see a 3 that’s an actual forward become the focal point of this team? I doubt it. I’m not saying that’s wrong. What I’m saying is if Painter is recruiting a 6/7 - 6/9 player, despite what position they play in high school, painter is looking at that player to play the 4. And that’s fine. But what I’m also saying is the 4 is not currently a position of need. That’s why I question recruiting this player.

Dude for the 10000x time… CAM HEIDE PLAYS THE 3 AND IS A 6’7 RS FROSH WHO IS A SMALL FORWARD WITH OFF THE CHARTS ATHLETICISM, WHO CAN SHOOT, GUARD 1-4, REBOUND AND SCORE OFF THE DRIBBLE.

What’s the next level? F4 every year? Nattys every year? Painter just went to a F4…and I have outlined the last 8 year accomplishments for you that a majority of programs would die for.

What style would Painter use instead of what it has done for him the last decade? You want him to recruit a certain player but we have seen how bad that can go if we just go after talent and also Purdue will need to pony up that NIL money if they want big time transfers and recruits….Painter can try and ask for that and play that game, but the school and fans have to be willing to dish out the funds for that to happen.

You ask these questions after watching Edey and Smith? OMG

Don’t ever compare Purdue to the packers again! And no the packers have not had a great recent history. .500 the last 2 years and haven’t been to the Super Bowl since 2010 season, hardly call that great in recent years. 13 teams have been to the Super Bowl since the packers!

• Love
Reactions: Schnelk and BBG

Also Wole, we just offered a 5 star guard for 2026. So looks like Painter is going after that talent after all. Or does he also need to just offer every 5 star (much like the IU route) and hope you land one regardless of fit?

Reactions: Do Dah Day

It's posts like these that just reaffirm why not only am I glad you aren't the coach of Purdue, but also that you have no earthly idea how to coach. How about you leave the team to a coach that is literally coming off of being in the National Title game? I GUARANTEE Painter has forgotten more than you will EVER know about what it takes to coach Purdue basketball.

You "questioning" the recruiting in of itself is just laughable.

Sorry, I’ve been too busy watching my personal friends compete in the Olympics to reply to your question! Maybe next week after the TRACK events are completed! Sorry. A high school basketball prospect just doesn’t compete for my time like a personal friend going for the gold.
Who was your friend going for gold? Did they win?

I can address a post to you while having you blocked. Easy to mention you. I thought you understood all the nuances of a forum???

My point was that you constantly rave about how you put yourself out there with your opinions, but I never take any risks. So I pointed out that I was taking a risk., ... but you missed it entirely

Sorry, I’ve been too busy watching my personal friends compete in the Olympics to reply to your question! Maybe next week after the TRACK events are completed! Sorry. A high school basketball prospect just doesn’t compete for my time like a personal friend going for the gold.
No need to apologize for taking time to support your personal friend(s) going for Olympic Gold ... How many Boiler fans can say that without winking? It's a true testament to your past glory. But!!! With that type of circle, why do you have to come here and beg for personal accolades? I would think you would not crave admiration from us peons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT