ADVERTISEMENT

Traveling for Iowa game

Nov 3, 2009
Greetings Most Hated Rival

My wife and I started a our own tradition last year by trying to knock out one B1G stadium per year when the Hawks are visiting. Went to Lincoln last year and will be coming to WL in a couple weeks.

Never been, but looking for information on hotels, but I could also stay with my sis in Bloomington IL if nothing pops open. Bars are good too.

Tickets? I see they're $20 on stubhub. Call me a cheap ass, I thought they'd be like $10 max. In any case, the cheap ones look like they're in the end zone bleachers. Are those just GA or what? Figured bleacher seats weren't assigned but surprised they're so cheap for being so close.

Tailgating spots around the stadium?

And how do these things change if we end up with like 8 people instead of 2? We've asked friends but haven't heard much.

Thanks folks, good luck!

Greetings Most Hated Rival

My wife and I started a our own tradition last year by trying to knock out one B1G stadium per year when the Hawks are visiting. Went to Lincoln last year and will be coming to WL in a couple weeks.

Never been, but looking for information on hotels, but I could also stay with my sis in Bloomington IL if nothing pops open. Bars are good too.

Tickets? I see they're $20 on stubhub. Call me a cheap ass, I thought they'd be like $10 max. In any case, the cheap ones look like they're in the end zone bleachers. Are those just GA or what? Figured bleacher seats weren't assigned but surprised they're so cheap for being so close.

Tailgating spots around the stadium?

And how do these things change if we end up with like 8 people instead of 2? We've asked friends but haven't heard much.

Thanks folks, good luck!
Problem is someone has to buy the tickets from the Purdue ticket office first, before they can get dumped onto stub-hub. Most Purdue fans opted not to do that this year, so you're stuck buying them from the ticket office.

Buy the cheapest ones can you can find, then sit wherever you want.

My advice is to delay your trip to Purdue at least a few years. I'm dead serious. The atmosphere is at an all time low. R-A during the glory years vs. current there is no comparison. Even as a visiting fan I would pay $100 to see a game in a packed and lively stadium (and a competitive game) before I'd pay $20 to see a game in a 1/2 empty one. No guarantee when it will get better, but odds are it can't get much worse.

I usually stay in Crawfordsville, IN. It's about 30 minutes south of campus, but hotels are a good $50-$75 cheaper. There are a handful of acceptable places at the interchange of I-74 on the north edge of town.

Try a burger at XXX on State Street -- something of our traditional campus dive. Harry's is a nice place on campus to have a drink. Very crowded after dark and on Sat. morning.

My advice is to delay your trip to Purdue at least a few years. I'm dead serious. The atmosphere is at an all time low. R-A during the glory years vs. current there is no comparison. Even as a visiting fan I would pay $100 to see a game in a packed and lively stadium (and a competitive game) before I'd pay $20 to see a game in a 1/2 empty one. No guarantee when it will get better, but odds are it can't get much worse.
Maybe he has a fear of crowds.

Reactions: pboiler18
Bump. Iowa blows so I might regret coming out to watch Purdue beat us. Anyway, there will be 5 of us. Staying with my sis in Bloomington so no need for a hotel.

Mostly asking about tailgating now. What is the situation there? Planning to show up about 3 hours before game time.

If anyone wants to part ways with tickets, we'll take em.

Bump. Iowa blows so I might regret coming out to watch Purdue beat us. Anyway, there will be 5 of us. Staying with my sis in Bloomington so no need for a hotel.

Mostly asking about tailgating now. What is the situation there? Planning to show up about 3 hours before game time.

There's little to no chance Purdue beats you guys, but if I were you I would buy the cheapest tickets so you can move down to the 50 around halftime.

That initial comment made me laugh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT