ADVERTISEMENT

Tougher and More Experienced

RossMackey

True Freshman
Aug 29, 2017
The turnovers undoubtedly hurt, but Cuse is far and away the best team we’ve faced— fast and aggressive on defense, and Shrader is one tough mofo.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
'Cuse was undoubtedly the better team, but the TOs were brutal.

My biggest gripe was the defense not being able to defend Jr High QB keeper plays. He's good, but they made him look like Lamar Jackson by not understanding simple defensive concepts.

Since Purdue keeps playing the same players each game, I assume no one is better at each position, so it looks like the predictions at start of season were accurate. Gonna be a long disappointing season.

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG

My biggest gripe was the defense not being able to defend Jr High QB keeper plays. He's good, but they made him look like Lamar Jackson by not understanding simple defensive concepts.
Absolutely agree! My gripes for the game was the offensive line, missed point almost missed another one, and roughing the passer calls. These calls are ridiculous.

Reactions: NVboiler

It's amazing the players and even the coaches couldn't figure it out. They couldn't get their arms around their QB was their primary runner. Granted its unusual but it was fairly obvious after their first couple of drives, yet Purdue continued to fall for the ball fakes without having a clue that the QB still had the ball. At some point you need to adjust your thinking.

And by the way, I'm not sure their QB is some kind of amazing runner. Purdue made him look like Houdini. He wasn't even touched on a lot of his longer runs, Purdue just didn't know where the ball was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT