ADVERTISEMENT

Too many one dimensional players

Nov 30, 2016
We have some shooters who are slow and can't defend, or some athletes who struggle shooting, or big men who struggle shooting in the paint or guards that can't handle the ball well especially under pressure or guards with no mid-range shot or guards who can't drive and dish. I would think we could find more well rounded players. Much easier said than done I guess.

We have some shooters who are slow and can't defend, or some athletes who struggle shooting, or big men who struggle shooting in the paint or guards that can't handle the ball well especially under pressure or guards with no mid-range shot or guards who can't drive and dish. I would think we could find more well rounded players. Much easier said than done I guess.
As a fan you don’t walk in the shoes of a student athlete. You judge them on their play bcuz they don’t meet your standards which is sad in itself. You can call them one dimensional players that’s your opinion but as a former basketball and softball player we as athletes give our all to our sport of choice and work hard to get better at it. Trade spaces with them let me see how you would feel when ppl talk so negative about what you do. Nobody is criticizing you at your place of work and saying you are 1 dimensional. They all doing there best give these guys a break.

As a fan you don’t walk in the shoes of a student athlete. You judge them on their play bcuz they don’t meet your standards which is sad in itself. You can call them one dimensional players that’s your opinion but as a former basketball and softball player we as athletes give our all to our sport of choice and work hard to get better at it. Trade spaces with them let me see how you would feel when ppl talk so negative about what you do. Nobody is criticizing you at your place of work and saying you are 1 dimensional. They all doing there best give these guys a break.

Well said. I'll add that many on here posting negative stuff have been spoiled, and don't remember some truly awful teams Purdue had. Everyone on this team is a good kid that is working hard - and many are extremely talented, but young. Let's support their development rather than blame any past and future Purdue failings on them.

Reactions: rjmpu82 and BBG
I don't really think our players are as one-dimensional as we sometimes make them out to be. Sure, they all have strengths and weaknesses, but that's true of every player.

Eastern is a great rebounder and defender, so that's two areas in which he excels right now. Cline has gotten much better handling the ball since his first couple years. Boudreaux isn't an All-American, but he seems versatile eight games in. It's really too early to tell about the young guys such as Stefanovic, Wheeler, Williams, and Hunter.

The two guys that seem the least versatile at this point are Eifert and Haarms. Grady is the player he is, and I'm not going to pile on a former walk-on who's giving what can. But I think Haarms will continue to develop offensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT