ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen just fired himself from the one job he was kind of good at

And, yet, you're here, desperate for validation.

Two things are clear: IU's class is fine, but can't hold a candle to the talent coming to Purdue . . . AND . . . IU definitely does NOT have a bowl game.

" can't hold a candle"??? Lol

Now who is desperate for validation?

And you took the bother to check...

CheerfulDelectableBeaver-small.gif

Right there in front of all of us. Tells the story.

You do realize recruiting is not over right? Purdue will add Bell and IU will add 5 more players which will change the rankings.

Allen reminds me a little of Clappy the Clown. His best players are suspect (academics, personality, alliance). It will be imteresting the all 4 star players he lands in the last 5.

Allen reminds me a little of Clappy the Clown. His best players are suspect (academics, personality, alliance). It will be imteresting the all 4 star players he lands in the last 5.

Uh, OK. Love clarity.

Really? Have not heard this. Rather ugly accusation. Please elaborate.

Start with Crean. His best players were Zeller, Vic, Yogi, Watford, and Creek. Elaborate,

Allen's top players? Elaborate.

This should be very very interesting.

Allen is Bill Lynch with a lighter resume. Nice guy, knows some football, liked by Indiana high school coaches, and a good enough recruiter to get some decent skill. With a weak non-conference schedule, he can win three to five games a year, get paid at the lowest end of the Big Ten scale, never be a threat to leave, and keep attendance steady in the low 30,000 range. IU doesn’t care about winning to expect or demand anything better from their program, so he’ll be there for awhile. And the rest of the conference will be happy to play a team that plays hard and hangs around for two and half quarters and then gets blown out. For Purdue, it’s the perfect program to have as a “rival”.

Allen is Bill Lynch with a lighter resume. Nice guy, knows some football, liked by Indiana high school coaches, and a good enough recruiter to get some decent skill. With a weak non-conference schedule, he can win three to five games a year, get paid at the lowest end of the Big Ten scale, never be a threat to leave, and keep attendance steady in the low 30,000 range. IU doesn’t care about winning to expect or demand anything better from their program, so he’ll be there for awhile. And the rest of the conference will be happy to play a team that plays hard and hangs around for two and half quarters and then gets blown out. For Purdue, it’s the perfect program to have as a “rival”.
Could not agree more. This Love4beer guy keeps talking about Purdue haveing a marginally better recruiting class for 2019. The one thing he is over looking is recruiting classes are designed to gain players/ positions of need. I could care less if PU was ranked 50th as long as they got 4-5 players that they really needed. I am not even sure what point he is trying to make. IU is going to be marginally less good than Purdue? We know that. So what is it with this guy up on his high horse over IU's recruiting class. Purdue fans could care less. The writing is on the wall.

Last edited:
Could not agree more. This Love4beer guy keeps talking about Purdue have a marginally better recruiting class for 2019. The one thing he is over looking is recruiting classes are designed to gain players/ positions of need. I could car less if PU was ranked 50th as long as they got 4-5 players that they really needed. I am not even sure what point he is trying to make. IU is going to be marginally less good than Purdue? We know that. So what is it with this guy up on his high horse over IU's recruiting class. Purdue fans could care less. The writing is on the wall.
The writing was on the wall the minute they settled for Allen and Purdue went aggressively after Brohm. That said everything about how each university feels about their football program. As for recruiting, look at the players that both programs battled for. Purdue got all of those kids and IU got none of them. Bell gave them a courtesy visit because he’s a great kid, but he isn’t giving them serious consideration. Ask Jack Plummer if he did when IU tried to recruit him. He didn’t, and they tried hard to get him.

Really? Have not heard this. Rather ugly accusation. Please elaborate.

Start with Crean. His best players were Zeller, Vic, Yogi, Watford, and Creek. Elaborate,

Allen's top players? Elaborate.

This should be very very interesting.

Umm Clappy and Clappy Football Jr. sucked at game-day execution. Hell Allen cannot even call any defensive plays anymore (note his coaching demotion). They clap and threw their hands around. Allen at least didn’t grab his junk every 15 minutes like Chrispy. Your best recruits in football 2019 are off- multiple commitments, academic issues, not high football IQ, and you have Fred Glass- an events marketing guro with buy one and get a dozen free (like bottle rockets).
BTW, I remember pissing on ”The Rock” on my way to the parking lot. Is that elaborate enough for you?

IU football is ugly (still) and you need to look in the mirror- all that Fred Glass cheap marketing make-up doesn’t make you pretty. It makes you a racoon. Maybe a Hoosier is a shrill whore raccoon.

Umm Clappy and Clappy Football Jr. sucked at game-day execution. Hell Allen cannot even call any defensive plays anymore (note his coaching demotion). They clap and threw their hands around. Allen at least didn’t grab his junk every 15 minutes like Chrispy. Your best recruits in football 2019 are off- multiple commitments, academic issues, not high football IQ, and you have Fred Glass- an events marketing guro with buy one and get a dozen free (like bottle rockets).
BTW, I remember pissing on ”The Rock” on my way to the parking lot. Is that elaborate enough for you?

IU football is ugly (still) and you need to look in the mirror- all that Fred Glass cheap marketing make-up doesn’t make you pretty. It makes you a racoon. Maybe a Hoosier is a shrill whore raccoon.

Clappy the clown. Wow. I miss that dude.

Allen will have to recruit some unbelievable football studs to show the same level of incompetence, which ain't happenin' in our lifetime.

Clappy the clown. Wow. I miss that dude.

Allen will have to recruit some unbelievable football studs to show the same level of incompetence, which ain't happenin' in our lifetime.
Anyone else think this Love4beer doofus might be Courtdense??

This “marginal” difference in recruiting classes argument is exactly the type of idiotic battle that guy likes to fight.

Hes no longer IU’s defensive coordinator, only the head coach, something he’s lousy at. Just when you think they can’t get any dumber, they do this. Expect Courtdense, 76-IQ, MyTeamCan’tGetOffTheFloor, TeeHee75, and all of the other morons there to proclaim this, combined with their crappy recruiting class, to be the last thing standing between them and a national championship.

Next year go in their game chat.. you see how desperate they sound. It’s comical. I went in against Penn State impersonating an IU fan, until the last two minutes, when I started talking SHIT lol.

Doesn't matter. Nothing they do matters. They can try again if/when Brohm finally moves on.

Anyone else think this Love4beer doofus might be Courtdense??

This “marginal” difference in recruiting classes argument is exactly the type of idiotic battle that guy likes to fight.

I don’t think that's him. He refuses to come over here. He’s chicken to do so because he can't go crying to the mods.

Brohm has beaten Allen twice with an inferior roster. What do you think will happen as Brohm continues to bring talent into the program?

Who really knows? Today, I thought Purdue would give Auburn a hell of a game. I was wrong. That's why they play.

Brohm and Purdue will get better and so will IU.

Happy New Year.

Reactions: echs86

No, please don't change the subject. You said that the character and academics of Zeller, Vic, Yogi, Creek and Allen's recruits the last two classes were not good.

I have never heard this. Please elaborate.

No, please don't change the subject. You said that the character and academics of Zeller, Vic, Yogi, Creek and Allen's recruits the last two classes were not good.

I have never heard this. Please elaborate.
Damn you do sound more like a butthurt Courtsense2.

I don’t think that's him. He refuses to come over here. He’s chicken to do so because he can't go crying to the mods.

I have changed my mind. It’s CS2.

That's an insult to Lynch. I know a lot of HS coaches in this state, and I've yet to hear one of them sing the praises of Tom Allen. He is the FB version of Clappy the Clown...same pacing, same slugging down a drink, same blaming of players, same bitching a the refs because one of his players screwed up.

Let me ask you this Pat....why was Allen never mentioned for a D1 HC positioning until IU's AD (who may be the dumbest in America) hired him?

That's an insult to Lynch. I know a lot of HS coaches in this state, and I've yet to hear one of them sing the praises of Tom Allen. He is the FB version of Clappy the Clown...same pacing, same slugging down a drink, same blaming of players, same bitching a the refs because one of his players screwed up.

Let me ask you this Pat....why was Allen never mentioned for a D1 HC positioning until IU's AD (who may be the dumbest in America) hired him?
Allen was promoted way too soon based on his light resume, but you’re wrong to think Indiana high school coaches don’t like and respect him. They do. Do you know Dick Dullaghan, former Carmel and Ben Davis state champ coach and one of the greatest high school coaches in Indiana history, and a former Boiler assistant? Ask him what he thinks of Allen. He also loves Jeff, too.

Reactions: IUHDog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT