ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen just fired himself from the one job he was kind of good at

Nov 27, 2018
Hes no longer IU’s defensive coordinator, only the head coach, something he’s lousy at. Just when you think they can’t get any dumber, they do this. Expect Courtdense, 76-IQ, MyTeamCan’tGetOffTheFloor, TeeHee75, and all of the other morons there to proclaim this, combined with their crappy recruiting class, to be the last thing standing between them and a national championship.

The resident savants are now discussing how Hooverville is a better college environment than Lincoln, Nebraska, as if that has anything to do with them improving their sorry ass program. They think good players will head to the sticks to play in front of 25,000 fans and 15,000 tailgaters in the concrete dungeon, which tilts to 10,000 /30,000 in the second half when they’re getting drilled. After 15,000-20,000 Boilers showed up for this year’s game in the BirdPoop Bowl, they seem to have thrown in the towel on their “program”.

Hes no longer IU’s defensive coordinator, only the head coach, something he’s lousy at. Just when you think they can’t get any dumber, they do this. Expect Courtdense, 76-IQ, MyTeamCan’tGetOffTheFloor, TeeHee75, and all of the other morons there to proclaim this, combined with their crappy recruiting class, to be the last thing standing between them and a national championship.

Anyone with any real knowledge of college football knows that this move was a necessary decision. Blast away.

Last edited:
They'll be alright. Their vaunted strength and conditioning protocol kicks in after New Year's day.
I wonder if they still have that clause in their athletic training binders that pushes their players to new and higher levels of pain no matter what the injury is..............?

Anyone with any real knowledge of college football knows that this move was a necessary decision. Blast away. War Eagle.

Why was it a necessary move?

Frank Reich, Matt Nagy and Sean McVay are showing at the NFL level being a head coach and calling plays works?

Anyone with any real knowledge of college football knows that this move was a necessary decision. Blast away. War Eagle.
Allen was never the defensive coach he was touted to be. Doubt he’s feeling any pressure to win, so this should get him another five or six years, easy. As long as he can beat Rutgers or Maryland and win most of the non conference games, he’s safe.

Why was it a necessary move?

Frank Reich, Matt Nagy and Sean McVay are showing at the NFL level being a head coach and calling plays works?

As ya'll are always so quick to point out, Allen is a "brand new" head coach and still learning on the job. Some people may be able to handle being the head coach and DC, but Allen cannot, nor should he.

And all three NFL head coaches you named have both an OC and DC on their staffs.

"Crappy recruiting class"? Interesting. What does that say about yours which is marginally better?

Don't you guys have a game tomorrow? Yet IU is the topic of choice.

"Crappy recruiting class"? Interesting. What does that say about yours which is marginally better?.

Marginally? Interesting

IU fans are gushing about how good their class is, and Purdue is currently 12 spots better...will be a bigger gap after Bell is added.

Will it still be mariginal at that point?

Marginally? Interesting

IU fans are gushing about how good their class is, and Purdue is currently 12 spots better...will be a bigger gap after Bell is added.

It'll be even wider since you get bonus points for guys that are in the top 250.

and Markell is still laughing at Marcelino’s little girl punch to his stomach after getting dragged by a train.

He’s the gif re-enactment of that TD run and attempted tackle

tenor.gif

Reactions: Flot
"Crappy recruiting class"? Interesting. What does that say about yours which is marginally better?

Only IU fans would celebrate a 10th place Big Ten class. It will keep you competitive with Rutgers, Maryland and Illinois, but you’ll keep skipping off the bottom with what you’re getting. But I’m sure the tailgates and 20,000 crowds will love having your December uncluttered by football.

Reactions: indy35
Marginally? Interesting

I’m trying to understand the logic used there, such as how inappropriate it is for us to think we are trending up. I just responded the following post (I’m sure my reply will be removed shortly)...
They act like they know our coaching staff, our recruiting ability, and our s&c staff. two low level bowls and they think they are trending up.
(My response) This is interesting. Yes, Purdue fans believe we are trending up. Based on what I read here, I would say that IU fans believe that IU is trending up as well.

During the Hazell years, Purdue was 9-39. Recruiting class rank (average) was somewhere around 70. Tomorrow we are playing in our second bowl in as many years. Our recruiting class is currently sitting in the mid-twenties.

IU is home for the second straight year during bowl season after going to back-to-back bowls for the first time since ‘90-91. Allen is recruiting well, with this class currently sitting at 39 (FWIW, Wilson had two of his first classes ranked 38).

Given this, if IU fans can legitimately feel that their program is trending up, is it that difficult to understand how Purdue fans might have the same feeling about their own program?

I’m trying to understand the logic used there, such as how inappropriate it is for us to think we are trending up. I just responded the following post (I’m sure my reply will be removed shortly)...

(My response) This is interesting. Yes, Purdue fans believe we are trending up. Based on what I read here, I would say that IU fans believe that IU is trending up as well.

During the Hazell years, Purdue was 9-39. Recruiting class rank (average) was somewhere around 70. Tomorrow we are playing in our second bowl in as many years. Our recruiting class is currently sitting in the mid-twenties.

IU is home for the second straight year during bowl season after going to back-to-back bowls for the first time since ‘90-91. Allen is recruiting well, with this class currently sitting at 39 (FWIW, Wilson had two of his first classes ranked 38).

Given this, if IU fans can legitimately feel that their program is trending up, is it that difficult to understand how Purdue fans might have the same feeling about their own program?
The problem for them is it won’t ever translate to the field, since they have four guaranteed Big Ten losses every year. If they stumble against their weak out of conference schedule or against Maryland, Rutgers, or anyone in the rapidly improving BTWest, bowl eligibility disappears quickly. And if, by chance, they get to the end of the season with a chance to qualify, they still have to get past Purdue, something they know isn’t possible anymore. I guess I’d be in the parking lot having a beer, too. And if you can’t win on the field, “winning” by getting the 10th best conference class will have to do.

Only IU fans would celebrate a 10th place Big Ten class. It will keep you competitive with Rutgers, Maryland and Illinois, but you’ll keep skipping off the bottom with what you’re getting. But I’m sure the tailgates and 20,000 crowds will love having your December uncluttered by football.

You do realize recruiting is not over right? Purdue will add Bell and IU will add 5 more players which will change the rankings.

You do realize recruiting is not over right? Purdue will add Bell and IU will add 5 more players which will change the rankings.
You do realize that the distance between Purdue and IU will be greater, not less, when recruiting ends, right? Bell will push Purdue up, and IU won’t get any difference makers in February. You don’t have a bad class, you just haven’t gained ground on anyone above you in the conference. And without superior coaching and with fifth in the BTEast being your highest possible finish, you’re stuck permanently near the bottom. Most IU fans don’t care, so Allen will be able to stay for as long as he wants to.

It'll only change the ranking if they get better players though. They only factor in the best 20 players so the next player they add will give them points as that'll be 20 but after that, it'll only help if the guys they add are better than the ones already committed.

Marginally? Interesting

Both fan bases should be happy with the class as both are very good historically. The 12 ranking slots between them are made up of a very small statistical delta. LOOK IT UP. I am not going to do that for you guys as I already looked for myself.

When bell commits, and I think he will, PU pulls ahead a bit more but that is offset in part by a Tulltle whom you guys have ignorantly trashed thoroughly. IU then adds 5 more who will likely not move the needle.

The assessments of IU's class on this board iare laughable at best, but typical.

How predictable.

BTW: 321 Of the last 338 posts here are about IU less than 24 hours before your own bowl game. Sums it up.

Last edited:
Chatter on the iu board claims this class provides the light at the end of the tunnel. Someone needs to point out to them that its “The Train”

Wiley Coyote says hello.

How predictable.

BTW: 321 Of the last 338 posts here are about IU less than 24 hours before your own bowl game. Sums it up.
But how many are IU fans or IU fans that troll to get a response? I just did I know but I see it like basketball. The top half of recruits will see or usually become impact players right away. I would say our top half recruits are better and might not be that close. Most second half kids become relevant in years 2-4 or even 3&4.

Reactions: Love4beer
Both fan bases should be happy with the class as both are very good historically. The 12 ranking slots between them are made up of a very small statistical delta. LOOK IT UP. I am not going to do that for you guys as I already looked for myself.

When bell commits, and I think he will, PU pulls ahead a bit more but that is offset in part by a Tulltle whom you guys have ignorantly trashed thoroughly. IU then adds 5 more who will likely not move the needle.

The assessments of IU's class on this board iare laughable at best, but typical.

So Tuttle is the answer now....last year it started as Dawkins was the answer, then by mid year it was Penix

So Tuttle is the answer now....last year it started as Dawkins was the answer, then by mid year it was Penix

With Tuttle, Penix, and even Ramsey, IU will have some reason for optimism at QB for the first time in many, many years. Dawkins, in my opinion, was way overrated.

And, yet, you're here, desperate for validation.

Two things are clear: IU's class is fine, but can't hold a candle to the talent coming to Purdue . . . AND . . . IU definitely does NOT have a bowl game.

Didn't say that.

Reality is that neither of us know which recruits will achieve, over avieve or underachieve. My experience is that it is about one third each category".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT